Friday 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 26

mornin folks ..and how are we all today then?all good hopefully now that the weekend is just round the corner....slept better last night.....but still up early doors....nearly finished my latest project....honestly ..when you see this on you will think Ive lost the plot!!!will put up the pics when jobs done..anyways on with the brew....

hiya Sam...how are you today?all well ?out on your rounds?when do you hear about the conservation job?fingers crossed for you....any gigs over the weekend?

hi NS..hows the world with you today then?all good?glad you are a reglar here now......any plans for the weekend?any special interests/hobbies?

hi Lav ..glad youve got power back on.....so thats it no more trips out to eateries..home cooking!!strangley enough your comments were exactly what the doc ..said..you feel ok..?then you are ok..with that kinda diagnosis how come it takes so long to qualify....brew time ready for one?

hey pie...hows pie land today then?quiet is good..!yep wood collected cut ,screwed up ..job nearly done..you would never think it had been used for transporting goods around!any plans for the weekend?working at the rescue?as for the veggies yep ..no butter on them ..black pepper tho ..luv that..

hiya pauly....well what kinda mood we got on today then?all good today?have you given any more thought to career changing?...now is good ..otherwise it might be a an I wish I had ...especially if you aint happy in your current position.....whats your weekend got in store for you?quit or are all the kids round yours?as for the satins..they gave me a months supply..if they get on with me ..fine if not..goodbye..Ive no intention of living the next how many years as a miserable git ..ok more miserable!!!because Ive got to take them...also change my diet ..use d to be really good ...but things slip...will get back into it pretty quick tho

hiya bear ..hows you today then?All good..?interesting about the employee smelling of booze ..strange how you get attuned to it when you dont drink....as for it being a mirror..yes I can see where you are coming from...but it stops there...I actually think that it is a good self motivator..a..first of all you noticed she smelt of booze....b ..you did something about it..now for me..the case would be ..I highlighted it ..never can I be in that position..and also do I want to be? wow your life is taken up with hr issues ..non performers no shows etc!!!anyways weekend now so have a good one...

hiya Det ..starship enterprise here!!hows you then?where are you?will you be staying at home for the weekend?any plans any more trips next week?look at me just like the nosey neighbour!!

hiya ppqp...hows you today then thanx for the wishes...yes you are rigth ..we do have to look after our own health..but sometimes we get a fast ball from nowhere ..so your ex has been at it again?as I recall you went thru this scenario coupla years ago too didnt you?I work on the premise my phone is for getting in touch with people not vice versa!!yes methinks the car needs a clean out..not dirty ,but definitely untidy!!!!any plans with the new wheels for the weekend?

hi sf....can always rely on you to come up with summat different!!good for you....it actually doesnt sound too bad a lifestyle there youve got...up down to the pool ..yoga ,then swim...and now selling Amish furniture coupla days a week too...whats the difference between quaker and Amish furniture ?is there any?If the guy doesnt drink ..then thats defo a good environment for you..how are you getting on with the no booze campaign?you still controlling it ok...hope so ...

right peeps time for the offski...poets day!!!

have a good un...

My Renaissance period furniture has at last arrived from France.

It shouldn't take long to get moved in, there's at least 20 North African delivery men here to unload it.

I have a dilemma. I have to take my dog to the pet psychiatrist but he knows he is not allowed on the couch.

Scientists are conducting experiments to determine why a giraffe's legs are so long.

I'm no expert, but at a guess I'd say that if they were shorter they wouldn't reach the ground.

11.34: Arrived at crime scene

11.34: Examined body. Signs of a struggle

11.34: Found murder weapon in drain

11.34: Realised watch was broken

The phone rang.

"Mr Hughes?"

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Mr. Hughes, we need you to come and pick your son up from school."

"Oh, shit, what's he gone and done now?"

"Nothing, Mr. Hughes. It's just that it's nearly midnight."

I have been told that they're not making shortbread any longer.

You can safely store milk and raw beef at 101.5 °F.

In a cow

My supermarket delivery van just arrived with 50 cans of beer and a 2 kilo bag of mixed salad. Sarcastically the driver said - healthy diet I see. I replied, I try my best but its getting the pet rabbit off the beer that's a fcking problem.

How to ride an Escalator:

Step 1.

Now chill out.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning Mick - are you making a bunny theme park?

Yes I am the queen of tricky HR conversations atm, I'm starting to feel a wee bit stressed and then thinking about all my other problems,spiralling - blaming myself.Good thing is I'm reminding myself to breathe and am noticing it so I can stop it escalating - and I did yoga last night and tonight spinning(sorts my head out like nothing else).

I'm also planning kitchen clean and declutter over the weekend - this also sorts my head out.Other than that RELAXING. I've had a few drinking thoughts/dreams/maybe I can have one etc so I am on my guard as that will not help/employee issue right in front of me!!

Taking care of me and having nice baths and healthy and naughty yummy food over the weekend - exercise is my saviour,loving gym classes at the moment,feels like my mental sanctuary and very cathartic.

Thanks everyone for asking how I am,I am ok,more aware of what is happening and booze and my thinking's role in that and taking care of myself and my environment - have hypnotherapy Monday evening - think I may get my money's worth from that!!
    Happy Friday everyone,working at home today which is great to get my head clear on the issues and how I'm going to tackle them,
    one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Happy Friday to all! Rained again last night, still very dark & cloudy this morning, oh well.

Mick, with some of us it just doesn't matter what we eat. Some of us just produce too much cholesterol. I know the fear of risking a heart attack or stroke too. I responded very well to a low dose of Lipitor daily & hope you do as well

bear, keep your thoughts on the right path. Focus on what you know for sure is good for you!
      Hope your weekend goes well.

Wishing everyone a great AF day. I'll be back later to see what's going on with everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,just please keep an eye on the statins,don't want my Mick to be a sad sailor,can't wait to see the new project Bear,you sound good, send me some mojo Idid deep squats,like nearly to the floor my arse feels like I had surgery!!the cowboy walkstrikes aagain, hubs laughs everytime I try and climb the stairs haha,was online looking at different education stuff and most of the things I want to do require a bachelors degree, ain't nobody got time for that!! Then a short course vet tech vocational school had bad reviews cuz people get a certificate and either can't find a job or its crap pay,need to just play megabucks and strike it rich haha,Kell went to that school for pharmacy technician but didn't finish cuz she was in a party girl phase,now still 20 thousand in debt and no certificate, SF,I think this is a good alternative to 12 step,only problem is when I need an ear,nobody is around, never know when that voice comes calling ya know?hi Sam,Pie,PPQP,NS,Det let's all make it a great Friday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
          cloudy day here in ol Virginny, interesting day yesterday, unfortunately or maybe fortunately, my last the route. Evidently too slow for them but I never could get a rhythm working 1 day a week. I had done it only 3 times and each time a different person had a different way of doing things. In any event it is for the best because it was stressful each time and I really don't like being stressed. (Interesting, in training we were told that only 10% stay on.) Hopefully this other job will pan out.

Mick, glad your tests weren't anything really bad. Talk about stress, not knowing what may be wrong with you can be over the top. Like the 11:34 joke!

Bear, what type of yoga do you practice? I feel certain I've asked this before.

Lav, assume you're back on the grid?? Read in the NN Little Beagle got 5+ inches of rain where she lives... we have not gotten any rain in our neck of the woods. I was playing toones over at friends about 20 miles away and it rained like the dickins. Got home, nothing.

Morning to you Pauly!

out to scratch around in the garden. Be well good friends
          Sam
          Last edited by Samstone; June 26, 2015, 08:36 AM.
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

here you go then..the finished article ...a secure little yard for the rabbits to play in...complete with grass,tunnel and stepping /chewing block..the idea is that I can let them out in a little secure area,as opposed to the garden,they will get the run of the garden,but it will be easier to find and keep them in al smaller area as the dark nights come in...also ..the distance between the hutch and the fence top..is size plus 2"overlap to take those plastic sheets I use for the plants..that means they can even get out in the rain ..there will be a roof over it!!!

20150626_175942.jpg

20150626_175905.jpg

20150626_175834.jpg
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Lav, you ever have this problem??

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sweet MickSam,creepy!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Mick, you appear to be a pretty handy guy to have around! Your wife (and bunnies!) are fortunate!

Bear and Pauly, hang in there, even when it's a challenge. It is so worth it! It sounds like both of you are doing what you can to keep your heads in the right place. Another helpful thing is to promise yourself that you will come and post here before you drink if you ever feel like you're losing control of your thought patterns. And then wait for a response - I can pretty much guarantee you that no one will say that to go ahead and have a drink is a good idea.

Sam, I somehow missed your post. I'm sorry the job didn't work out and am wishing you well on the next opportunity!

The whole blood cholesterol thing is such a mess right now, Lav and Mick. It will be interesting to see how things sort out over the next few years on that front.

I'm going to have a housefull this weekend. I spent the morning acquiring food - this afternoon and tomorrow morning I'll need to make it into things people want to eat. The berries and cherries are so beautiful, I'm going to leave those just as they are.

Have a great day, NS

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABeroooos!!

Mick, I got your medicine right here http://examine.com/supplements/Garlic/

it's a good thing you're solo in the space capsule as you'll have breath like mine

yepper, home for the weekend which is grand. thinking about doing a primitive overnight camp with a buddy in the desert. Doesn't that sound fun?
                    100F in snake infested weeds with no shade? yeeehaw!

Sam, I see you've found the natural way to keep rodents down. And no, more stress isn't the right ingredient at all.

Bear, glad to see you staying active on the fitness front. Getting back into some resistance/weight training while I'm home.

ok, time to chop up some garlic for breakfast

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det
                      if it were mice it would great, however it is 3 of my dang chicken eggs!! happy camping!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey everyone,thanks for support - had sleep after work and I feel better and prepared for tricky meetings Monday.
                        Sam-I have only just started,love body balance - I did power yoga and am also going to try vinyasa yoga.

still having drinking thoughts,pushing them out and focusing on full story of me and booze - played out for me at work atm.

`
                        one day at a time

Comment

I feel like drinkin

Comment

Pauly,

Hey:hug:...they are just thoughts....don't act on them, please. You will so regret it and I don't want you to feel the shame that comes with drinking. Try and do anything that would give you some relief from those powerful thoughts. How well I know that feeling. Look on my post on the Army Thread. I'm at work with a sweet but clueless customer.:yay: I think I'll keep him. Hahanhah. Let me know if I can help.:hug:

Comment

No matter how bad this feels, Pauly, play it forward - this would be heaven compared to how you'll feel tomorrow if you give up all you've gained. Can you do something nice for yourself like take a walk or a bubble bath? Make it through today and you'll be even stronger tomorrow :hug:.

Comment

Working...
                              X