saturday 29 June af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday 29 June af daily

hey everyone - quick post before shower and off to body pump,then treating self to nice aromatherapy body oil.

Pauly - hope you come back and get back on with your better sober life,I've been having the ' just have one' thoughts,just dawning on me it's just a thought,and I don't need to respond to it.

Other than that been feeling pretty stressed managing 2 big HR issues at same time,and my one really good member of staff leaving and lots to deliver,trying to calm down my monkey brain.I also have PMT- I know this though so it will pass. I'm developing faith in myself by going through these ordeals at work and facing my fears of not being liked/trusting my judgement - trying to find the positives!

Have a great day everyone, sorry this is all about me - love to you all.
    one day at a time

hia folks sat it is ....just been on the internet no problems,and tried to get back on...took ages ..last night it was really slow.....its either now because of where we are or this laptop..its just taken 7 mins to get on here ...usually comes up either timed out...or some other daft mess age...just been on fb too..was slo on that too so its not site specific......right how are we this weekend then?some better than others.....
    brew time ..at least that isnt slo...at the moment Ive got 2 rabbits that have decided to come in and run about the house!!

hi pauly ...how are you today?everyone was rootin for you last night....but...yes we all get down,we all get pissed off,money kid problems,life problems ,the lot,I dont know....mebbe you should look at your life style,you already said you wanted a job change..and I know you worry about your daughter...Possibly way forward is to write down what you think is wrong,and either look at solutions,or talk to someone about it...I dont know the answers..all I know is you have got a shedful of support on here

hi bear..how are you ?focus on the declutter this weekend youll be fine...you werent far wrong with the bunny theme park!!!

hiya Lav...hows you today then in the garden with your helper?those Lipitor ...thats what Im on too....20mg ...so its a pretty low dosage...only thing that bothers me is on the idiots guide..it says you shouldnt take them or consult your doctor if you have had a brain bleed..thats what I had...would love to think that he has taken that into consideration!!its Victorian weekend here...all the old steam engines and Victoriana..so hopefully the weather will hold for that...

hi Sam...hows you today then?so you and the mail have parted company or is it just a possibility?really hope this other job works out fro you ..you sound like a "more of an "on the land "guy.....thats some pic of the snake ..wow..

good morning NS...how are you today?good I hope..bus bee this weekend?hope it all works out for you ..take it that its family coming over ....now if perchance you have any cherries left over

hiya Det...thanx for that article....havent read it properly yet but I definitely will....camping in the desert in the heat no shade?you doin the whole deal n living off the land too?snake steak..yum yum!!

hiya ppqp...hows you today then..all good vroom vroom ...off today then are we ..I cleaned my car out yesterday ..it is immaculate inside now.....till the next time...

right folks ..thats it ...big thank u to those that jumped on here to help pauly.........to that end Ill finish as I started...Pauly you have masses of support on here ..dont be ashamed embarrassed or anything..use it...

I just ate a McDonalds Quarter Pounder completely smothered in ketchup.

It's just one of many things I like to do whilst completely smothered in ketchup.

I was running through the shopping precinct today shouting, "Hey guys, wait for me!"

Just so everybody thinks I've actually got real friends.

The wife just went apeshit at me, simply for opening the car door for her...

though, admittedly, we were doing 85 in the 'Fast Lane' ...

As a child, I would laugh at the stupidity of hamsters on a hamster wheel, because they were going nowhere.

Today, I ran on a treadmill.

The Eiffel Tower and EuroDisney have been replaced by Calais as the number 1 Tourist destination in France.

David Beckham and Gary Neville are sitting watching the 5 'o' clock news where a man is threatening to jump off a bridge.

Beckham says to Gary Neville " I bet you £100 that he doesn't jump",

Gary Neville replies '"OK I bet you £100 that he DOES jump"

Sure enough the man jumped off of the bridge and killed himself.

Beckham gets out £100 and gives it to Gary.

Gary says "I can't take your money, it wouldn't be fair. You're my best mate and all that............ I had watched the 12 'o' clock news earlier and it was on then, so I knew he was going to jump"

Beckham replied "I watched the 12 'o' clock news as well but i didn't think that he would jump again"

Paddy phones EasyJet to book a flight.
    "Certainly, sir," replies the assistant. "And how many will be flying with you, Mr O'Toole?"
    Paddy replies, "How the fck should I know? It's your plane."

Boomerangs.

Frisbees for lonely people.

I answered the door this morning.

Felt a complete idiot when I realised it never said anything.

I bumped into an old friend and said to him, "I hear you lost your job as a Geography teacher?"

"Yeah, I've no idea why but it doesn't matter now as I'm moving to Australia to teach."

"Why go all that way for a job?"

"Because apparently Toronto has some of the best schools in the world."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning, Abbers. Quick phone check in, back later to post. Thanks for brew, jokes, and start up, Mick.

Comment

hey there mick and pie,good to see you both,back from gym and feeling million times better.treated self to expensive aromatherapy bath stuff - treat for not drinking,and to help me deal with work stuff.

Today i feel like doing not a lot,so am doing laundry,going to have a snooze and declutter tomorrow.Tonight off to pub (local where they do food and I have had many sober evenings) then early night. Feel like I'm finally getting the hang of looking after myself,someone complimented me at gym on looking fitter - all in all - not too bad!
        one day at a time

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers!
          Am I the only one who knows for sure that today is the 27th??? HA HA!!

Hi bear, thanks for the start up!
          Glad you are working your way thru the daily struggles. Even though we don't believe it at first it truly is easier to manage life's stuff without AL. We all have to take that major leap of faith in the beginning of our quits. The end results are awesome

Mick, I found something for you to read re Lipitor after stroke. It's a bit long & boring but if you skip to page 8 you will see the last paragraph clearly states that Lipitor is effective in prevention of a second stroke. You also need to consider the health of your heart. Keeping B/P under control & your arteries clear is the best you can do

Stay the hell away from McDonald's!!!!

Hi there Pie & everyone!

Pauly, you are well loved here, I hope you know that :hug:

OK, off to feed this hungry crew. I will check in later.
          Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well, I've used up most of my MWO time posting in a couple other places (time to start cooking for company!) but wanted to say Hi to all the Abbers and to say to Pauly that I hope she comes right back. Please don't let a drug dictate what you do and diminish your sense of yourself. You are a lovely person, Pauly. It is alcohol that is the Total Asshole. Please take good care of yourself today :hug:.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Bear...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Sounds like you are handling your stress very well. You've got a lot on your plate and I'm glad to see you have such a positive attitude. "Not too bad" you should be right chuffed by that. Sounds like you have a peaceful weekend ahead of you.

Mick...forgot to mention yesterday that I loved the pics. When I die I want to come back as one of your bunnies. LOL 8:00am and it's already 67F. Going to be a scorcher and perfect for an outdoor visit with Dad today. Boss is off on holis for a week but things are pretty quiet at work so should be a stress free time.

Pi...will check back later to see what you've been up to.

Lav...helpful info in that link you gave to Mick. Thanks for setting me straight on what day it is. LOL

NS...hope you enjoy your company today. TBH I'm glad I don't have any commitments this weekend.

Pauly....thinking of you and hope you are ok. Hurry back soon as we all care about you. We'll get through this.

Off to find the sunscreen and get ready to head out. Have a Super Sober Saturday all and all to come....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Back, finally. Quiet Pie Land took a hectic turn, in a good way, with a dozen or so pet care assignments this weekend. Right up my alley, so I'm a happy camper.

Mick, what you can create out of pallet boards is amazing. Love the new wabbit enclosure for when you need them in a smaller space and that can be covered from the rain.

Bear, smiling to read your sentiment that," I'm finally getting the hang of looking after myself." You go, girl!

Lav, guess I'll steer clear of McDonald's if I'm ever looking for you.

Hey NS, hope you enjoy all the food prep for guests and that they are an appreciative audience.

PQ, I'll join you in the next life as one of Mick's bunnies.

Pauly, hope you're having a better day.

Sam, that was a very creepy snake pic you posted. I've never seen anything like that. Hopefully its next meal will be a rodent.

Det, was looking through my recipe file yesterday, and came across one I printed out from MWO. Didn't realize at the time that the Paleo tuna salad came from you. Thanks!

Greetings to all yet to come.

Comment

Pauly I sure do hope you come back.....which I know you will. I will tell you outright....you got way more "love" from this site than I ever did from any of those 12-step people. I agree with someone who said that "we don't really want to wake up tomorrow without 12-step meetings"......but, the outpouring you got here....has me convinced this is the place to be.

Seems like you and I walk in the same shoes. I understand what happens.....it is like there is a tornado around you, blocking out all reasoning. And the only funnel out is a 12-pack of beer (in my case). And quite frankly when the tornado starts to spin.....the very last person I am calling is my sponsor Personally, it is like my brain needs a freaking break.....however, it does come with consequences...even if it is just feeling like shit tomorrow....but, who wants that?

I do need to get better strategies when the tornado spin hits. They wipe the hell out of me. If I survive it.....I sometimes just end up comatose on the couch watching Hulu---eating popcorn.

Of late.....I have been using "tapping"....which I know Kuya talked about. I got a better understanding of it after watching two of Tommy Rosen's conferences with Nick as a guest. Also reading.....just anything....it has been determined that it brings your anxiety level down by 62%.

I am thinking of starting to use the hypnosis again. I have found a few that refer to it as "meditation".....which is more my language....but, it is the same shit. Getting it loaded into my phone and computer tonight. If Lav says it works....then I am for it. I think I just did not have the faith in it before.
                  Last edited by TheSunFlower97; June 27, 2015, 08:11 PM.

Comment

The iT's are on their way home, yay! Actually, they were very well behaved this week. My younger dog, not so much!!!

Mick, after looking at your latest pics I think I want to hire you to build me a new fence around the chicken yard & the chicken house needs new doors (the original doors are falling apart)

Pie, you will never find me at any fast food place
                    Hope you have fun with your weekend assignments!

PQ, hope you enjoyed a nice day outside with your sunscreen. It's been pouring buckets here all day & windy too, 61 degrees at the moment.

I made a big batch of potato spinach fritters with tons of onions & garlic for dinner - yum. I harvested all of the spinach yesterday & needed some good way to use it up. I added some shredded almond cheddar cheese - very good!

Pauly, please check in with us :hug:
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good evening from Texas,
                      Thanks to the Byrdlady for telling me about this thread. Guess I haven't explored much past the Nest.
                      Enjoyed reading back and just wanted to pop in and say Hi!

Stay Hard my friends!
                      AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

Hey Matt...welcome aboard! Looks like we're experiencing the same heat wave. Looking forward to getting know you....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Howdy, Matt.! And welcome to the Daily Abstinence threads. Looking forward to seeing you around.

Comment

Welcome Matt!

Comment

Working...
                            X