toosday da tirtyeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toosday da tirtyeth

hello and yes good morning ..tis I yet again.....on the main puter now ..the lap top is slower than a week in the jail!!apparently its a windows /google conflict so now you are all the wiser..all I know is the bloody thing isnt worth a light ...anyways brew time then nipping out ..hoepfully the day will be better than it started!!..trying to print some labels out...did an absolute fantastic job on them....but never put the address !!!finally fixed it ..twas the printers settings...off out to buy an electric nail and stapling gun..ha watch this space now.....and yes ...built a ramp for Sandy last night too....

here you go .....20150629_200850.jpg

20150629_200746.jpg

20150629_102630.jpg20150629_102722.jpg

and the garden...left a couple of weeds in there for you Lav

apologies for not writing individually, but gotta dash ...coupla jokes tho...

I went to my hairdresser and said, "Can you cut my hair like David Bowie?"

He made a right mess of it. I said, "This is terrible!"

He said, "Yeah, but David Bowie can't cut hair..."

I want to there to be a movie about a mysterious epidemic that causes people to learn martial arts and to fight each other.

It will be called "Kung Flu"

I once got trapped inside an old toy chest. I was in there for almost a fortnight with only a tub of plasticine to eat.

Wasn't all bad though, some days I had cheeseburger, others a roast chicken dinner.

I was watching an interview with Frank Sinatra where he was asked if he had any children.

"Rugrats? I've had a few," he said.

I accidentally downloaded a Colander app rather then a Calendar app and now my battery keeps draining.

My friend asked me "have you ever walked your dog naked?"

I replied "yes, in fact my dog has never worn clothes"

I had two minute noodles last night.

It was great to know they cook in just a minute,but two noodles just isn't filling at all.

I don't mind going to work, it's the eight hour wait to go home that's bullshit.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers! Happy Tuesday to all!

Slept like a rock last night after a very busy yesterday with the kids here. My daughter & I together were just barely able to keep up with the 3 kids, oh boy! No way I could deal with all that craziness every day.
    I was married 42 years ago today, believe it or not. We haven't killed each other yet, believe it or not, ha ha!! I was presented with a brand new Cuisinart food processor this morning so that I can spend the rest of my time on earth cooking I suppose. Such a romantic gesture, ha ha. It is actually a very nice, top of the line appliance that I will use frequently

Mick, I knew you would build a ramp for Sandy ~ very thoughtful. I could use one for a my dog, she has such a hard time with steps. I am considering a series of cold laser treatments to relieve her hip & shoulder pain. I need to do some more research first before committing to anything like that - pretty pricey.

I need to get to Curves & deliver eggs to my hungry customers. I'll check in later. Have a great AF Tuesday everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Tuesday Greetings Abbers,

Clever work on the rabbit ramp, Mick. How's Sandy taking to it?

Det, A new mattress is on my wish list too. Current one is relatively new, but too soft for me; like sleeping on a marshmallow! The mattress I want is the Ikea Holmsta model. One of these days...

Hey PQ, hope your day is less busy.

No telling what I'll get up to today, but if it's interesting, I'll let y'all know.

Comment

Happy Anniversary, Lav! Imagine you'll very much enjoy using the new food processor.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,so sweet to build a ramp for Sandy Happy anniversary Lav,I said it on the other thread but saying it again I like getting usable things for gifts,better than flowers that die or jewelry I won't wear,for chrimbo I asked for a waffle iron and a red crock pot,was happy for both, 95 degrees already at 4:30 am when I took my walk,lots of humidity so its keeping the heat locked in,hope everyone has a great Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Great pics, I'm sure you're greatly appreciated by those two. Renter out early last night so was able to lock up and get home at a decent time (still past my bedtime though). When I read you're out off to buy an electric nail and stapling gun it made me think of this....

Holiday tomorrow...it's great having a day off in the middle of the week.

Lav...thought I'd sleep like a rock last night too but didn't happen. Happy anniversary.

Pi...I hope my day is less busy too. With the boss and the building super on holidays it all lands on me. Hope you have a great adventure today.

Pauly...glad to see you're back to your morning walking routine. Yikes...95 at 4:30am. What are you doing up at 4am?

Woke to scattered showers today, Mick must still have my sun. Hope everyone has a positive day.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

I go to bed at 9 PPQP,I like to wake up early

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

morning all
                a quick check in; happy anniversary Lav! hope you enjoy your new toys, maybe he's hiding that enticing bottle of "amishly aware" perfume somewhere for later!! Hope you enjoy your day. Mick, love the photos. Your place always looks so well kept! (mine always looks like a storm just blew through) how do Pie? I'll have to check out that mattress. Sounds exotic. Seen the price of these organic mattresses? pricey! Morning Pauly, already that temp? you're in for a hot one. Stay cool!

Xpost PQ, good morning to you!

off and running.. be well hello to all coming by later
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hey, Lav, my old food processor just died in the midst of my pesto-making extravaganza - I'd love to get a Cuisinart. I've borrowed the nice one my daughter got for her wedding. I imagine that after using a Cuisinart it will be hard to go back to a Black and Decker. Happy 42nd!

Sam, I'd almost forgotten about DOS! Now those were the days of computer use, weren't they? - The amber screen text and arrow prompts!!! I doubt if I could even work in DOS anymore and I did it for several years.

Well, Ms. Dog is still limping so we're going to the vet tomorrow morning. I'm starting to wonder if she triggered a flare of arthritis with all her playing Saturday. It is sad to see her down in the dumps but she doesn't seem to be in pain. I'm picking up an anti-inflammatory for her today so we'll see if that helps.

I'm an early-to-bed person, too, Pauly. I love to go to bed now that I don't drink and be aware of how nice it is to drift off to sleep. Now if I could just stay asleep! I still wake up in the early morning hours but it really doesn't bother me that much because I don't feel sick and regretful.

Hope you're enjoying good days, Mick, Pie, and PPQP - gotta love the summer!

Comment

hey everyone,just realised I've not posted for two days - I had tricky appraisal with my person at work,she took it a lot better than I thought. Had hypno last night to increase confidence and today am shattered,came home and had snooze for an hour,was totally out.
                    I haven't decluttered anymore,I've exercised,seen friends and pottered about.Need to get back into habit of cooking again,think I'm short on protein, toast again for dinner.I'm craving chocolate really badly - and letting myself eat it - still losing weight so not the end of the world.

Feel calmer,work is busy and hypno seems to be kicking in - we're going to look at painful memories next week and will reset them somehow.Suggestion to increase confidence is working.

Not much to say really,feel bit flat,not down - just meh,and chilled I think.
                    No booze is part of this,not done yoga dvd yet - and that's fine too - don't want it to be a to do list.Focusing on breathing is calming for me.
                    one day at a time

Comment

Greetings FabAbber's

Happy anniversary Lav! Great pics Mick.

Nice to see you Pauly.

Take care y'all. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Love when you pop in Mr.G BTW,my coworker was cutting this guys hair from OZ and the poor thing kept having to excuse himself to the bathroom, he wasn't dealing too well with our 112 degree heat!

Comment

Hey, Pauly

I've read a couple of your posts elsewhere and am wondering if counting days is more of a stress than a tool for you? You've been AF most days for a very long time so in many ways, you're not starting over in the same way as a person who is AF for a couple months then drinks for several weeks or months over and over. You probably know I'm a big fan of total abstinence and letting your brain truly heal but I also believe in doing what works. Maybe repeatedly counting the same numbers over and over and wishing you weren't "starting over" at low numbers keeps you down on yourself. I've read your posts of regrets about days you "gave up" and certain ways you "always" feel at certain time points in a quit.These are negative ways of looking at it and can be self-fulfilling prophecies.

I bet your total number of AF days this year is pretty impressive. You earned them and should be proud - the few days of drinking don't mean the AF days didn't happen! I wish you could just remove drinking as an option, no matter what happens - it makes life easy because you don't have to debate with yourself. I love "never". But if that's not you, maybe you're more of an "I will not drink today" person. Focus on that each morning and enjoy your success each evening.

Counting is a great tool for many people but if it's not a good one for you, maybe we can brainstorm here and find one that would be better. :hug:

Comment

NS,its not that I'm counting down until I can drink again or anything like that,actually its not even really about drinking,its a strange,out of body feeling I get,like I have to get away from myself, its really hard to explain, I get shakey, can't think straight, have no rational thoughts at the time,just a craziness that I can't control and THINK drinking will make me feel OK again, which it used to,but doesn't work anymore, just made me sick and isolated

Comment

I didn't think you were counting down TO drink but that maybe the counting stressed you out. If it doesn't, then maybe it is a useful tool.

Is their a friend you could be with when you get those weird feelings? Someone who could help you through it?

Comment

Working...
                              X