A tentative hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A tentative hello

I'm new here - just found the site today. I've been having problems with drinking for a long time and am in counselling, which is helping some, though I still don't seem to be able to stay sober or drink sensibly all the time. This site seems very friendly and supportive after some of the others I've visited, which just made me feel worse about myself. So, just to introduce myself, I'm in my 40ies, female, work from home and have 3 children, only one of whom is still at home, the others being grown up.

I would either like to not drink at all or to drink sensibly - not sure but I am sure that I need to take more action than I am at the moment.

Thank you for listening.
    uda

A tentative hello

Uda, it's wonderful to have you here!! You will find a lot of great people with lots of great support.

I would encourage you to get the book and supplements, which will go a long way in helping you decide whether you want to moderate or stop altogether.
    Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome!!

Uda,

:welcome:
      You have come to a great place!!

You will find much support and help here. I do recommend you download the book and read about the program. It is awesome.

Keep reading and posting. So many wonderful people here to help cheer you on.

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome! Keep reading and know that you have found a safe place here to post your feelings...The book is wonderful and very inspiring if you have not read it I really reccomend it...Stay a while a look around I think you will like what you read....Again :welcome: Buck

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome uda...you have found a very supportive group of people here...I am doing the same thing. So far I have managed 21 day AF {alcohol free}... and one planned night out and only had 3 glasses of wine and quit after that. Now I am back on the AF plan and fell good and in control. The cd's are wonderful, the book I recommend and use the drink tracker...some are useing meds that work well for them and knowing you are not alone and there is always someone to talk to on here has helped me more than anything. Good luck and look forward to getting to know you....
          Buffy

Comment

A tentative hello

Hi Uda.
            Welcome. Its a huge first step and you have just taken it. Which either you choose moderation or abstainince, it can be done. I have chosen abs and have crossed my first year.

Here you will find a lot of support, friendship, humor and much more to help you through the road ahead that I wont tell you is easy. I still have my tough spots.

I wish you all the success in the world. I'm glad your here.
            Gabby :flower:

Comment

A tentative hello

AAthlete;148624 wrote: Uda, it's wonderful to have you here!! You will find a lot of great people with lots of great support.

I would encourage you to get the book and supplements, which will go a long way in helping you decide whether you want to moderate or stop altogether.
              Welcome! I recommend everything AAthlete has said as well.. many many great people, who make the journey much easier to accomplish.

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome Uda!!! You will find lots of tools and support... Read as much as you can , make a plan, and day by day change you future history....
                Control the Mind

Comment

A tentative hello

Well, a not so tentative welcome!
                  One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome Uda :welcome:

This is a great place to share what you are feeling without any reservation or being judged. This is the outlet most of us don't have in our regular day to day lifes. That's what I find here. Like the others said, read the book, get the hypnotic CDs and supplements, the combination of it all does amount to give you a better chance of sucess.

Riker
                    Do or Do Not, There is No Try - Yoda

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome Uda!
                      We are glad you are here.
                      AF since 7/5/2009

Comment

A tentative hello

hi im rachel, im quite new , i hope u find this site as comforting as i have, its good to be honest without judgement, well done to u for sorting out councelling i got signed up but chickened out yr ago, i think if it helps ll have to try it, do u find its helping x good luck 2 u xx
                        :upset: lol the assmaster!! im slowly tryin to unwedge my head out my arse !!

Comment

A tentative hello

Hi Uda, and Welcome .....

Can't add much because it's all been said ...... You can do this with the help of these fabulous people here ...

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                          sigpicXXX

Comment

A tentative hello

Hi Uda

Just wanted to add my welcome too! :welcome:

You have found a great place.

Satori

xxx
                            "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

A tentative hello

Welcome Uda,

This is a wonderful community,enjoy.

Rottrod
                              If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X