sunday the 5th July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday the 5th July

morning peeps...and how are we today then?hope everyone is well.....hope alll those celebratin across the water had a great day too....I take it the celebrations go on all weekend ..just basing that on Lavs post where she was makin n bakin till after midnight...secondly thank you for the best wishes on the fred that byrdie (and the one that bear did)..it was really nice....it makes it all worthwhile knowing that you have a done even a little bit to brighten someones day up.....well thats years 3 over ..onwards and upwards....was a lovely day yesterday...made even moreso by the weather ...Amy was home,so that was good..ok then folks ...showtime......errrr brewtime!

hiya ppqp..how are you today?thank you for the kind words....glad your visit went well with your dad...you up to anything today?

hey Sam the man ..hows you then?did you do anything yesterday for the 4th?any toons or anything going on?

hi pie...grab a brew....hows you this fine day then?what did your guest think of the 4th celebrations?that oak shelf I put up for the spice rack?it was actually the side of an old oak table that I found..someone had beat me to getting the to p,but I found the other sides to it...hmmm

Hiya pauly...how are you today?what did you get up to yesterday ?did you have a house full?hope you had some time for you......

Hiya Rox....love those pics of the rabbits ..thanks for your wishes and its loverly to see you over here

hiya Lav....a midnight brew? here you go....wow a cookathon ?who is lined up for the washing up?dont dare say you!!!!thanks for the pops too...hope your day was good and you have another one today..

Hiya NS...how are you today then?all good?did you do anything yesterday?You are right..to say no I dont want a drink and mean it is such a feeling...I also worked out yesterday...probably saved ..well not saved ..redirected elsewhere probably a kick in the pants off £10,000...at todays rate about $16000!!plus health benefits..I digress ..thank you for your good wishes yesterday..

Hiya SF..How are you today?glad you had a good day yesterday...was listening to a presenter on the radio in my car..and she came from Norleens too..thats how it sounded ..and I thought would need to check with you if it was right pronunciation....now as for not giving up on you ....let me turn that around..thank you for not giving up on yourself....you will get there ..one day that penny will drop,just let it/youve read my story..I was the class clown and not a very nice one either...but hey...never ever quit quitting.You carrying on the celebrations today too?

hiya bear hows you ...?all good ...what you been up to then?

right folks ..tis time to go ...have a geat day ...for those celebrating the 4th have a good one ...for those not ..think of the washing up you havent got to do!!

The mechanic was just finishing the blondes car service when he said to the apprentice,

"Just pass me the lubricant will you please Tim. "

"Oh dear, " said the watching blonde, "can't I just pay cash? "

I used to employ two people in my whoopee cushion factory but I had to let one go.

Once again the time has come for 200 men to strap on some lycra and cycle thousands of miles through beautiful French countryside, up mountains and through the streets of Paris so we can find out who is this year's best drug dealer.

just HAD to put this one up!!

4th of July - where most Americans believe they celebrate the defeating of the Nazis during the war against Canada in Mexico at the battle of the big horn

My wife went swimming while jaundiced, it was okay till she put her goggles on, then she was swamped by kids.

They had never seen a real full sized minion before.

UK universities can't get you a job but ensure fantastic arrears prospects.

Instead of exporting this years olive oil, Greece could throw it all into the sea and blame BP. 30 billion euro is better than 700 Euro.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Abbers,

Thanks for the brew, Mick. Nice going on the oak shelf. I guess you have a workshop where you create such projects and store tools? SG has traveled to New Orleans for the long weekend. No excuse needed for revelry there. I'm doing dog stuff today.

NS, haven't yet gone to the movies, but will let you know. Mosquitoes are wicked awful here too. Will be dousing myself with repellant before dog park visit.

Lav, I wonder if Mick has any cake pops left for his birthday today. Hope he shared some with Amy.

Comment

Good Sunday morning Abbers

We are supposed to have a rain free day, that would be nice. I will drag out the kiddie pool & get it filled for the boys. It's good to keep them outside & off the electronics. That has become a hassle lately but I always win, ha ha!!

Glad you had a good day Mick!
      It feels so empowering to hit those milestones. Why would we ever go back now when we know the truth of what AL does to us physically, emotionally, spiritually? Keep going friend

Hi there Pie!
      I've been to New Awlins once & that was more than enough for me, ha ha! I'm not a big fan of extreme heat, humidity & strange looking people, dressed in black filling the streets at dusk. Freaky!! I hope SG enjoys her weekend. Have a good doggie filled day yourself!

Greetings to the rest of the group & sending wishes for a great AF day for all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Sneaking into wish Mick a Happy Birthday! Yes, his reBirthday was yustaday and his REAL birthday is today! Hope its the best! (Sorry, no rhyme this time). Xoxox, Byrdie
        :flowerspop: :flowerspop: :flowerspop:
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

morning all
          looks like another cloudy / showery kinda day here. Thanks for the brew Mick, not much planned, perhaps a trip in a northerly direction to play some toones. Pie, how you doing this AM, good 4th and all the fireworks?? I didn't do squat for the 4th. Dang hip made me turn in early. How do Lav? Enjoy your rain free day, looks like we have another couple days of it. Can't complain, I do not like drought!

Be well other abbers and folks popping by
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, haha,a full sized minion!!good one Mick,actually I too feel like that this morning, too much salt yesterday, Happy Birthday Mick had a decent 4th,bbqd, watched the hot dog eating contest on ESPN,took a nap,me and Kell went and got coffee,then later let off some fireworks and watched the neighbors let theirs off,Louie was getting noise and smoked out so they left kinda early, my neighbor kept pestering me to have a beer,I told her I have Louie tomorrow and can't be hungover, she says"you don't have to get wild" oh if only haha,was thinking this morning I should've just put some water in one of Bobby's empties and just tricked everyone, seriously I laughed,I lit a few fireworks, bottom line is I was still fun without it!¡!!! Feeling groggy today though, going to bed later throws me off(although I dreamt I was dating Ryan Reynolds that part wasn't bad haha,hope your hip feels better Sam,wanted to thank you for the reach out p.m.last week,never got a chance to,but thanks my friend, it means a lot alrighty hello to all,off to get these cobwebs out of my head, have a Satisfying Sunday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off and HAPPY BIRTHDAY :balloons: Not planning on doing a dang thing today. Yesterday's heat wave ended in a huge downpour, in and out in about 7 minutes. Hail no bigger than a dime so no damage to the new wheels. Must think of a name for the escape. Which reminds me got home Thursday turned on the news and the first item was Ford recalls the 2015 Escape. Really!!! Software glitch allows the car to keep running even after turning it off. Dealership is checking out the VIN for me.

Pi...we've been lucky with the mosquitoes here, knock wood. Bet Mick uses the garage for his projects. Enjoy the dog park.

Lav...always wanted to go to New Awlins but now that I'm not drinking the appeal's not there. LOL Have fun in the kiddie pool.

Birdie...waves to you. Wish I could find a wave smilee!

Sam...a show came on tv last night about a group of hunters and fiddlers. Out in the forests of Northern Montreal, hunt all day and play tunes all night. Made me think of you.

Pauly...sounds like you had a good 4th of July. :goodjob: Wasn't it 114 degrees there yesterday? I'd feel groggy too. LOL

Off to find the "full sized minion" joke. Have a Super Sober Sunday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey PQ, and Pauly. Sam, I agree with you that excess rain is waaaaayyy better than drought. What's that new pic in your avatar?

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICK:happy2:
                  You're still a youngster - you've gotta catch up with me!!!

Sent the family home at 9 pm - had a nice day, I'm tired, ha ha!!!

Have a peaceful night everyone!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hidy hidy ho ABeroooooos!

Mick, a merry birthdaymas to you amigo!

Had a crazy and AF Independence Day celebration out in the desert and enjoyed an incredible display of illegal fireworks LOL big fun for sure.
                    Our camp was mostly sober and all sane people, but other nearby campers were pouring on the cheer quite hard and we found them this morning
                    passed out in many peculiar places. owch! Even with all the booze-slinging the thought never crossed my mind and I was happy to celebrate with carbonated water and coffee. I made bacon with garlic and fresh rosemary yesterday and it was a hit. so simple and so good.
                    Was almost unbearably hot out there and the occasional white-out dust storms didn't really help. egad! Anyhoo, home, showered and unpacking.

Lav, you would have liked seeing the kids out at camp playing all weekend without electronics. Hula hoops, bicycles, model rockets and planes galore.

Looks like the crew survived the celebrations sober I'm so pleased to see. yay!

I have a hard time unplugging from work, so being in an area with no cell service was a good thing for me.

well, more unpacking to do.

be well loves
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X