chewzday 7th july

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chewzday 7th july

mornin all and how are we today then?all good hopefully..well as per yoosual..start with the weather..its absolutely hammeri ng it down here...but it forecast to fair off to a steady downpour!!!Im orf to the opticians today...need some new reading glasses..thats after me shelf building...going to build another one on the other side of the door..it was lethal finding that wood!!lot of talk on here about the placebo effect and mind work...I definitely belive that a large part of healing and fixing is mind related..know that on a personal level...heres a funny tale re placebos for you....
    many years ago in when I had just joined the prison service, I was on nights..now as you can imagine all is in lockdown no movement all prisoners in cells etc etc..to open a cell door in night state took all sort of palaver and regulations and numbers of staff to be there etc etc...so..if a prisoner was ill,had a headache or something minor like that..its not the first time I have seen the Night Orderly officer "consult "with the prisoner at the cell door..after a diagnosis the prisoner would be given a tablet..in serious cases 2,of various colours and shades.....not once did I ever see one of these cases go further than that...and the tablets??aspirins that had been coloured in with felt tip pens!!so it proves they work...

anyway brew time then on to wood sawing...

hiya SF....hows you then?as you say even if it is placebo ..so???the strongest medicine comes from within....you can do it!!

hiya Sam...hows you today friend?all good...fingers crossed for you ..something will turn up......saw some highland cattle close up yesterday...like about 3 ft away ..woweee impressive!

aha ..Mrs meanie...its the young un here!!!kids the left overs are on the top shelf in the cupboard...get a stool to stand on!!hows you today?how is the back?heres a brew ...its full of back pain healing properties!!

hiya pauly hows you today then?all good.....our bush is dead,me bougie has shed its flowers and leaves,gone back into stick mode ....but on the bright side my bird of paradise plant is growing well...you thought about doin any more with the garden?Ill come over for the weekend!! have a great day..

hi pie (as opposed to lo pie!)..hows you today then?how did you get on at your dads?ok?so what have you got planned for today then?yep that was a grand cake..made me homesick!"!

hiya NS...hows you?di you take the dog for a swim yesterday?yep yesterday was just fine for me..feet back on the ground...being the centre of attention isnt one of my greatest needsnice to be noticed now n again but thatll do nicely...you doing anything today?

hiya ppqp...hows you today..and hows Ess doing?( ford escape)..you know the booss is only as good as his workforce ...there are plenty of ships captains without ships!!
    your post....Think it's chicken on the barbie tonight

images.jpg ????????????:egad:

right folks have a good one

pie ..just for you!!

1 - Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.

2 - Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.

3 - There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar.

4 - The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing.

5 - A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.

6 - There are more chickens than people in the world.

7 - The longest one-syllable word in the English language is "screeched."

8 - On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the flag flying over then Parliament building is an American flag.

9 - All of the clocks in the movie "Pulp Fiction" are stuck on 4:20.

10 - No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver or purple.

11 - "Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

12 - Almonds are a member of the peach family.

13 - There are only 4 words in the English language which end in "dous": tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.

14 - A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.

15 - An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.

16 - Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.

17 - In most advertisements, the time displayed on a watch is 10:10.

18 - Al Capone's business card said he was a used furniture dealer.

19 - The characters Bert & Ernie on Sesame Street were named after Bert the cop and Ernie the taxi driver in Frank Capra's "It's a Wonderful Life."

20 - A dragonfly has a life span of 24 hours.

21 - A goldfish has a memory span of 3 seconds.

22 - It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.

23 - The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.

24 - In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.

25 - The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

26 - The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.

27 - There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.

28 - The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

29 - A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death.

30 - A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear.

31 - Elvis had a twin brother named Aaron, who died at birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron: in honor of his brother. It is also misspelled on his tomb stone.

32 - Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.

33 - More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.
    34 - Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.

35 - Shakespeare invented the words "assassination" and "bump."

36 - Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes on one foot.

37 - If you keep a goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.

38 - Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

39 - Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do.

40 - The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language.

41 - The names of the continents all end with the same letter with which they start.

42 - TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard.

43 - The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left.

44 - A snail can sleep for 3 years.

45 - American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

46 - The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

47 - Vatican City is the smallest country in the world with a population of 1,000 and a size of 108.7 acres.

48 - "I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.

49 - No president of the United states was an only child.
    And last and definitely most important:

50 - The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.

have a great day..

The fact that there is a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic load.

A bailiff turned up today to take our possessions to sell for our creditors. I explained we had no money through mismanagement and ignorance of economics.

"It's Ok then, I understand how these things happen. " He said, then leaving us to try and sort it out.

He was such a nice man that Mr Popalopadus.

I've decided to become a pirate, so I stole a car.

Now I just need to find someone towing a boat.

A Polish immigrant went to apply for a driver's license. He sent off all the forms and all was fine but he was asked to take an eye test.

So off he goes and gets himself an appointment the same day, and sits down in the examining chair.

The optician showed him a card with the letters

'C Z W I N O S T A C Z'

"Can you read this?" the optician asked.

"Read it?" the Polish guy replied, "I know the guy."

"'Pinball Wizard' is a song by the who?"

Worst pub quiz ever.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers & Happy Tuesday to all!

I need to be quick, the devil darlings will be arriving soon
    Looks like we'll be spending a majority of the day inside as it's hot, humid & looking stormy outside, pray for me, ha ha!

Mick, I think I have relatives named CZWINOSTACZ, ha ha
    Good luck at your eye appointment today!

Greetings to all, I'll check in later if I live thru this day.
    Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, interesting about the placebo talk,they had an episode of "The Drs" that was talking about it yesterday, they had a group of young people in a room and told them they were trying some coffee from some island that was turbo charged to give energy and focus, everyone drank it and sure enough started getting energy and laughing, lady came in and told them that they were actually drinking regular ole'decaf!!interesting how the mind works,they compared it to side effects and how people THINK they'll get them and do,I don't necessarily believe that part though, if I take something and it makes me feel weird, I know its not just in my head,especially if I quit taking it and it goes away,hell of a rainstorm last night!lightening, scary thunder,flash flooding, me and Louie hid under a blanket it was so loud,hello to all,off to get ready let's all have a Terrific Tuesday
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers!

'lo, Mick, loved your the placebo story, and the handy dandy factoids you posted. LOTS of interesting info in there, so thanks!

Ooh Lav, I do not envy the day you have ahead. Hope it goes smoothly.

Hey Pauly, best place to be during a storm is in a blanket fort, but under the covers will do just fine.

PQ, my dad does still live in his house, and my brother lives there with him. Various helpers, nurses, physical therapists come in during the week. Most Mondays I go out there to pay bills, order meds, coordinate with the caregivers, etc. This is nothing new, as my dad's been in a wheelchair for more than a decade. I lived there too during 2012-2014 while my mother's health was declining as well. My drinking soared to new levels during that time. To say it was a dismal environment is an understatement. Fortunately, I got sober during the last half of 2014, and got out of there.

Was looking forward to quick annual check in with doc for my HRT renewal. It seems doc was called away to emergency surgery, and I got stuck with Nurse Ratchet who refused to renew my Rx unless I disrobed and put on a paper shirt. I have NEVER been asked to do more than roll up a sleeve for a blood draw during these visits, and here's this person I have never laid eyes on wanting to get up close and personal with my body parts. "I could lose my license if I don't do this breast exam," says Nurse Ratchet. "Give me a waiver to sign then, because I don't want one", says I.
        "You have to have one!"
        "No I don't!"

I left. I am fifty-fecking-seven years old and don't need this grief, especially before it's even 9 am. Letting off a little steam here, gang. At least, thanks to MWO, I now have an expanded vocabulary to deal with the likes of that shagging Ratchet woman!

Now off to sit in a Lotus position and ponder...

Thanks for listening.

Comment

wow,forced medical exam - great ethics there Nursey.
          That is awful Pie,good on you for standing your ground - I was very pressured into having samples of my womb lining taken out with no pain relief,like you I am good at standing up for myself in that situation.I always think about the kids in care I used to work with and know they would struggle with being assertive in that situation.

Well,back early from work for me,had hypno yesterday which was all about protecting myself from others emotions/opinions/not caring so much for others' approval.
          Seems to have worked,have to keep remembering to put my 'shield' on.

Apart from that snooze after work again,then decluttering and cleaning cupboards and throwing open food out,we have biscuit beetles in the kitchen so need to get rid of them.
          Have done just over an hour,that's enough.I do find decluttering/cleaning quite therapeutic.

Was planning to do some relaxing yoga but may just chill instead.Happy to be sober and all the benefits that gives me - and extra money - eek - have spent a lot this month.
          Planning to have overnight oats for lunch at work,I love it and also need to eat less bread/save cash,yum!

Hope you're all well,gonna do a deep breathing relaxation exercise tonight,have an aromatherapy bath and go to bed early.
          one day at a time

Comment

I still can't read what the Barbie is saying!Pie,nurse Ratchet for sure!Bear,what's overnight oats?sounds like everyone is doing well, hot and humid, bleh,feels like an indoor pool
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quick pop in before the garden meeting. Could have sworn I'd posted this morning.

Mick...I think you got it. Let's go with Essy. I just like the sound of it. So did the rain last all day?

Lav...hope you survived your day!

Paulie...I can just picture you and Louie under the blanket. LOL

Pi...thanks for sharing about your Dad and glad you're in a better place now. Sorry about nurse Ratchet. I skipped my annual last year but need to go in for Rx renewals. Don't know why I'm procrastinating about it. Will be reading Micks factoids when I get home.

Bear...never heard of Biscuit Beetles. Is that because they go after biscuits? I'm also curious what overnight oats are. Chilling sounds good to me.

Must be off to get organized for meeting. Will check in when I get home and see if Det has checked in.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Yes - I survived the day but it was long.

Pie, I have to tell you (Retired Nurse Lav speaking here) that an annual breast exam is standard operating procedure when on HRT. I'm on it too but currently weaning off. Your risk of developing breast cancer on HRT increases to 75%. An annual mammogram is also standard protocol. There is little to no need to test hormone levels once you've been diagnosed to be in menopause. It's all standard stuff designed for your overall safety. It's all a big pain, I know.

Hi there Pauly, bear & PQ!

I'm off to bed now at 11:30, the boys will be back at 9 am, oh boy!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

whew! fashionably late check-in ABsters!!!

getting caught up on work, unpacking still yada yada...

Mick, the power of our minds is so fascinating. western medicine has barely touched the surface of its potential so exciting things to come for sure.

Sam, my dad used to take my sister and I on planes rides around Mt Ranier when we were kiddos and he had his lil Cessna. good fun! I've hiked
                  all over that area too.

some bad flooding in Reno lately due to thunderstorms/flash floods. Happily I'm not underwater.

did I mention I managed to shoot myself in the thumb with my slingshot while camping? ack! what a moron.
                  poor thing is turning a lovely navy blue.

must get ready to zonk out soon. up at 6am for a day of travel, but home same night so.... yay!

be well peeps
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X