tuesday the 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tuesday the 14th

morning all and how are we all today then?good /bad/indifferent? (please tick the appropriate one!!)foggy here today ,but at least it isnt raining!!so whats been happening in your world then?shall we see...but first a brew.....

ppqp....slow down...just co you have got new wheels ,you dont have to do everything as fast as it does...especially where work is concerned ...take it easy...remember me time?you still getting thunderstorms?

mornin Lav ..how are you today then?Pot is topped up so help yourself to as much as you need..so you pickling up the cucumbers?might do the same with the courgettes..they are kind of like feast and famine or maybe its because I havent got my succession planting right!checked the road beans this morning ...they are absolutely covered in black fly so need to get that sorted out..sitting in the front room here,need to shut the door,2 mad rabbits running about the house!!

hiya Det ..hows you today with your unkinked back?all good matey?glad to hear it....

pauly thats it..focus on the good ...we could all moan like hell, but there are always people worserer ..thats todays word!!you know when I was at skool they used to say things like there isnt such a word,or you dont spell it like such and such...but now in life I choose to write what I want and spell how I want...what a rebel !!as for as that video goes its about a mugging in Glasgow,,the guy with the blade wants the other guys puter and phone...he kind of says ..no problem ,I feel really sorry for you there mustve been some tragedy in your life for you to want to do this..wanna tell me about it..he does so ,and as he re-iterates the story the other guy clouts him across the head with the lappy..so my dear what are happy for today?get the big smiley face on!!

hey Sam oversleep ...better get your skates on!!when do you start the new job?as I was driving home last night saw ,3 owls when I was coming across the moors,and also a peregrine falcon ..there are a nesting pair not so far from here ,but the location isnt obviously broadcast because of people pinching the eggs and young

hi pie...bye pie ...zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm man that was a quickie ...how are you ?all good I hope...

morning NS ..and how are you today then?on granny duty?you love it!!

hiya bear ..hows you today then hopefully good too..

right folks time for the offski...so have a good day one and all.......

I wanted to book a holiday in Greece.

The man in the travel agency told me that the hotel, complete with swimming pool and beautiful panoramic sea view, would cost me 3000 Euros.

I said, "That's a bit steep!"

He said, "Well, you can rent it for 60 Euros a month if you don't want to buy it

Greece have finally reached a deal with the EU after they got the citizens advice involved, they are now going to pay 10 quid a week for the next 42 billion years...

The President of Nintendo has died.

The ambulance went Wii U, Wii U, Wii U!

The president of Nintendo has died at the age of fifty five.

I should imagine his family will be well consoled.

The Greek people feel they have been shafted by being asked to pay more taxes, while being forced to reduce their public services, sell off their public assets like postal services, electricity companies and ports, pay more VAT, reduce pensions while being forced to retire a lot later.

....We would like to welcome the Greeks to UK economics.

I've just become the World paper measuring champion.

I won the competition by the narrowest of margins

My mate was in the pub with me, teaching me how to pick up girls.

"First of all ask questions." He said, "Girls love to talk and it makes you seem interested."

"OK." I replied, "What else?"

"Well find a way to talk yourself up. But don't make it seem too obvious."

"Anything else?"

"Yeah girls love a guy with a big heart." He replied, "Mention an elderly relative, it makes you seem caring."

"Great, thanks." I replied.

So I turned to the girl next to me,

"My Nan says I could get any girl I want. You gonna make her a liar?"

apologies Lav cover stellas eyes!!

Our teacher asked what my favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken."
    She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else laughed.
    My parents told me to always tell the truth. I did. Fried chicken is my favorite animal.
    I told my dad what happened, and he said my teacher was probably a member of PETA.
    He said they love animals very much.
    I do, too. Especially chicken, pork and beef. Anyway, my teacher sent me to the principal's office.
    I told him what happened, and he laughed, too. Then he told me not to do it again.
    The next day in class my teacher asked me what my favorite live animal was.I told her it was chicken. She asked me why, so I told her it was because you could make them into fried chicken.
    She sent me back to the principal's office. He laughed, and told me not to do it again.
    I don't understand. My parents taught me to be honest, but my teacher doesn't like it when I am.
    Today, my teacher asked me to tell her what famous person I admired most. I told her, "Colonel Sanders."
    Guess where the fck I am now!!..

courgettes this morning

20150714_075018.jpg

20150714_071732.jpg
    Last edited by Mick; July 14, 2015, 04:02 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Now I know what you're talking about - we call those zucchinies. So you can pickle those, too?

Love the Greek jokes, Mick.

Comment

ns..for you

Greek unions have called off Wednesdays anti austerity protest strike after they could only find 38 people with a job.

I went to a Greek cashpoint earlier.

After I typed my pin, a message came up saying COLLECT OR GAMBLE.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Where do you find these :haha:???

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I got the story of the video,just not the lingo zucchini bread is an idea,or slice them,beer batter them and fry 'em up they look nicely sized,how's Zuess?we haven't seen him in a bit,gonna take a quick walk to buy some dry kitten food,been feeding her those little cans and its giving her the shits! Hello to all,let's have a terrific Tuesday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Tuesday to all!

A lovely thunder storm woke me up at 4:30 this morning, ugh.
            Not raining now but it sure is gloomy looking out there - not a gardening day, that's for sure.

Thanks for the extra large coffee Mick
            I'm picking zucchini every day too but refuse to make zucchini bread. I'm just sautéing it with a little garlic & red pepper flakes or tossing it on the grill, yum. Stella knows she could be fried chicken if she bites my hand one more time, HA HA!!!

NS, I made bread & butter pickles yesterday because YB requested them. I won't be eating them though, too much sugar involved in that recipe for me. I like the sour dill pickle flavor myself & will make them next. I can't find dill seeds in the stores around here so I'm going to look for them on Amazon today.

Greetings Pualy, Sam, Det, PQ & everyone!
            Have a wonderful AF Tuesday one & all.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

You don't like zucchini bread Lav? I think its good,kinda like banana bread but moister,the only time I ever get it is when the catholic church across the street has a bake sale
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

What are the first three letters of the Greek alphabet?

I.O.U.

Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 480 BC?

The EU has just announced that with immediate effect all Euro notes will be printed on Greece proof paper.

What do you get if you cross Sweden with Greece?

Flat pack furniture you can't afford.

Wonga has turned down the first loan application in its history.
                'We lend to alcoholics and gambling addicts all of the time, but the applicant in question was too much of a risk.' said Wonga's CEO.

Reports are emerging that Mr. Tspiras has now forwarded applications to Amigo loans, 118 118 money and Ocean finance.

Just finished a small building job in Greece. They paid me by Bank Transfer.

Now I own the Bank of Athens.

3 Greeks And 3 Turks 3 Greeks and 3 Turks are travelling by train to a conference. At the station, the 3 Turks each buy tickets and watch as the 3 Greeks buy only a single ticket. "How are 3 people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks one Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers one Greek. They all board the train. The Turks take their respective seats but all three Greeks cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, " Ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on. The Turks saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Turks decide to copy the Greeks on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money, and all that). When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Greeks don't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers a Greek. When they board the train the 3 Turks cram into a restroom and the 3 Greeks cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Greeks leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Turks are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please."

Comment

Tuesday Greetings, All,

Spent the first few hours this morning helping SG with her non-starting rental car. Ultimately, road assistance arrived for a jump start, so she's off to the airport to trade it in.

Sold my Motown tickets yesterday, after deciding that money could be better spent elsewhere, like on the annual veterinarian visit next week. It also suits my tendency to isolate, so maybe cause for some come concern? A couple of postings in the Nest recently were along these lines; I so appreciate posters who put words to their feelings and share them here.

Also appreciate that Colonel Sanders joke, Mick, as well as NS's translation of courgettes to zucchini. Mick I am surprised to see the courgettes growing in pots. Is that how you grow most veggies?

Hey Pauly, what's not to love about Catholic bake sales, or bingo for that matter!

Lav, do you really eat your chickens? Nothing wrong with that of course. Guess I prefer not to think too much about where meat comes from beyond the grocery store. One animal-advocate friend who recently went vegan said, "Some things you can't un-know." Meanwhile, I enjoyed a luscious prime rib dinner last night, and gonna let it go at that.

Comment

Ooh, a double helping of humor today thanks to Mick! Off to read 'em now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                      What are the first three letters of the Greek alphabet?

I.O.U.

Greece is collapsing, the Iranians are getting aggressive, and Rome is in disarray. Welcome back to 480 BC?

The EU has just announced that with immediate effect all Euro notes will be printed on Greece proof paper.

What do you get if you cross Sweden with Greece?

Flat pack furniture you can't afford.

Wonga has turned down the first loan application in its history.
                      'We lend to alcoholics and gambling addicts all of the time, but the applicant in question was too much of a risk.' said Wonga's CEO.

Reports are emerging that Mr. Tspiras has now forwarded applications to Amigo loans, 118 118 money and Ocean finance.

Just finished a small building job in Greece. They paid me by Bank Transfer.

Now I own the Bank of Athens.

3 Greeks And 3 Turks 3 Greeks and 3 Turks are travelling by train to a conference. At the station, the 3 Turks each buy tickets and watch as the 3 Greeks buy only a single ticket. "How are 3 people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks one Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers one Greek. They all board the train. The Turks take their respective seats but all three Greeks cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, " Ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on. The Turks saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Turks decide to copy the Greeks on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money, and all that). When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Greeks don't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers a Greek. When they board the train the 3 Turks cram into a restroom and the 3 Greeks cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Greeks leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Turks are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please."
                      :haha::haha::haha:
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

MAE ALL....

Feel like I've been MIA for ever. The building super will be back next week and my workload will decrease by 50%. Not only do I have to explain everything to the "fill in" guy, I have to do it twice as he's a bit slow. Then I have to go around and check what he's done as 99% of the time it's not right. I'd be better off just doing it myself.

Been reading along when I can and it sounds like everyone is doing ok. Apologies for not posting but when I finally get home I am all thunked out! Going to have to bookmark this thread so I can go back and read all the Greek jokes. I laughed out loud at I.O.U.

Quick dinner, not sure what yet, then early to bed to escape into my book. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

heya ABStaroooooos!!

pleasantly sore from swordsmanship and weights, feeling grand happy to say.

Mick, bit rough on the Greeks eh? funny tho!

Lav, garden-fresh garlic? oh myyyyyyy

I thought a courgette was a miniature breed of corgi

my dear wife is home tomorrow night, can't wait to see her. At least she's having loads of fun with her folks.

Sam, I used to read the phone book when I was a lad. we were awfully poor and I'd read all the other books. seriously.

downloading the first season of Blakes 7 (Brit scifi program) and relive some childhood memories (better ones anyway).

PPQ, enjoy that book! sounds like you are good and ready for relaxation.

off to whack up some veggies

be well peeps
                          nosce te ipsum
                          (Know Thyself)

Comment

PQ - you are making me tired, Ha ha!!! Don't wear yourself out now :hug:

Pauly, I love zucchini bread but am trying to decrease my caloric intake......
                            Keeping extra pounds off at this age is ridiculously difficult!

Pie, I have never eaten one of my chickens, never will either. They are around too long & would be seriously tough to eat. YB is thinking about raising some meat birds (someday) when he retires which may be as soon as next year. I have asked him to negotiate a deal with our Amish friend to do the butchering - I don't want any part of that business around here
                            Honestly, at this point in my life I really could go 100% vegan & be perfectly happy!
                            I don't see anything wrong in spending quality alone time provided that it is your choice & you are happy & comfortable. The older I get the less I care about being a social butterfly. That's great for some folks but not me

Had the boys & their mother here for dinner, my son is working lots of OT lately. They will be back again tomorrow afternoon. I guess I don't really have that much alone time, LOL.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey everyone - world is definitely a bit upside down at the moment,I really feel for the Greeks,can't imagine what it must be like.Feel very lucky for what I have.

Had friends staying so been mad busy as well as relaxing and fun, I'm sober,I'm feeling anxious and jittery - I think it's just one of those days,work pressure - heavy workload and pressure to deliver,staff shortages and poor performance to be dealt with.
                              Key though is I haven't been to the gym,done sweaty exercise since wednesday,I've also eaten tonnes of chocolate/cake.

I think I need to work long hours this week to break the back of it, catch up.
                              Practicing my deep breathing and plan to do ypga dvd when I'm back from work as I'll miss my usual gym class.

Happy wednesday to you all - three day week
                              one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                              X