firsday 16th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firsday 16th

mornin all from an achey me...completed my project yesterday...so will put a pic up....built a dry stone wall in the flower bed in the garden ...gives it a bit of character and secondly hides the fence that keeps the rabbits out...so the basics are done .just need to get the little plants into the nooks and crannies and give it a bit of colour...I had to go up the moors ,find the stone,then bring it back and dress it asll to fit (ish)..must be ok.....m neighbour wants me to build one ..and Julie is well chuffed with it..so much so she wants me to build the side of the veggie plot in stone..not happening!!to me at the mo it looks like stones but when it gets some life it will be sound....

right enuff yakking ..on we go ...let the rabbits out this morning straight out of their hutch and into the conservatory...and there they still are !!

brews all round here you go.....

hi Sam ....hows you ? didnt know you had already started this job...glad you know some folks there makes life a lot easier..glad you are enjoying it.....

Det.....so thats it clean house all smart and shiny..awaiting the arrival of mrs det? the mark of zorro?jeez that takes me back a lot...when I wasa kid used to go to the pics on a saturday morning ...and that was the serial that was on at the interval...that and there was another one called the corsican brothers or something!!

hiya SF...hows you today then?has the back eased off any yet?everything else ok..?fingers crossed for you ..get well soon..

hiya bear ..hows you today then?all good by the sound of it..think you have got your head round this no boozin cruisin this time...not tempting fate but its lookin mighty fine...not a bunny theme park.......yet..

hiya pauly....so you had a seebay day yesterday?hows things today then?feeling any better?my boogie is now a stick no leaves no flowers no nothing ...a mere stick...and the scary bit is ..it will be 12 months before its up and running again!!anyways you have a grand day...whats todays positive?

hiya pie ...hows you today then?guess the car rental will be gettin cheesed orf with sg ...and the broken cars!!hows doggy world doing?all ok?

ppqp...no show ...dont be runnin the world at your healths expense ..remember you time!

hiya Lav...hows you today then?all good survive the onslaught of the thunderstorms and the kidz too?for once I can say we could do with the water!!never mind...goto to find out whether I can grow rainbow chard from the plant cuttings...mine have gone to seed and I need a good crop......for the wabbits!!!!brew for you?

right folks time to go.....have a good one....

20150715_185042.jpg

20150715_185034 (1).jpg

puter playing up!!wont let me download pics!!

Nasa's New Horizons has captured a clear image of Kim Jong Un walking on the surface of Pluto, once again confirming North Korea's scientific prowess

Waking up in the middle of an operation was traumatic

But not as much as the realization I'd fallen asleep with a scalpel in my hand

My wife keeps saying she married the wrong man...

...I think she may have a point
    I was only in the church to mend the font.

Personally I don't see what Greece has to complain about.

I wish I could take 60 quid a day out the bank.

What do you call a divorced FBI agent?

Fed-Ex

Just seen a trailer for a new movie that is based around the true story of an entire nation of spongers, living on EU handouts.

"Absorber The Greek" opens in London next month

Calling my new dog "shark" was a mistake.

I've been banned from all my local beaches.

My hairstylist said I need more volume in my hair.

Now I walk around with an amplifier on my head.

I went to the library to get a medical book on abdominal pain.

Somebody had ripped the appendix out.

Anti austerity protesters in Greece have been throwing petrol bombs at police.

Is it any fcking wonder they're broke!

"Doctor, I'm feeling a bit light headed."

"Feck off, and take your head torch with you."

At school I once had to do an assignment on acid, I totally messed up, peed myself laughing and just ended up drawing pictures of Dragons an shit.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Just trying to get a better look. And now I want a rock wall too!

Comment

Morning Mick & Pie and MAE ALL.....

Mick...thanks for kicking us off. Great wall of Mickland. Now look what you've started.

Pi...thanks for the enlarged pic. Can see it much better now. How much longer is SG going to be there?

Very frustrating day yesterday. I'm on deadline with a project and spent the entire day trying to get the internet working. Thought of you Mick. Finally got connected at 5pm so I'm in early to do the work that should have been done yesterday. Eye checkup at noon today fingers crossed I can stop the drops. Sorry for the short post but hope to get back to my MWO routine soon. Have a Terrific AF Thursday all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Very nice rock wall Mick
        My daughter happens to be working on a similar project in her yard this summer - cool! Sh'e been dragging rocks home in the back of her Jeep all summer, ha ha!!

I am going to visit my girls today. I have had quite enough of my grandsons this week & need a sanity break today!
        With the girls I can walk in & out of some nice shops & go to lunch - all stuff you can't do with the boys in tow.

SF, sure hope your back heals quickly, ouch!

Det, glad to hear you have been on your best behavior while the boss was away

bear, stay well!!

Sam, that's right - the stuff I buy on Amazon is dried stuff I just can't find around here like gluten free flours, dairy free chocolate chips, organic rainbow colored quinoa - all the necessities, ha ha!
        Glad you are enjoying the new job & hope all goes well for you!

Pie, we are all very aware of those infamous Amish puppy mills. There have been several shut down in the neighboring county. Our Amish friend seems to be OK, we have observed the way he treats his animals.

Hi there NS, Pauly, Matt, PQ & anyone dropping in today.
        Wishing a great AF Thursday for all of us

Lav
        Last edited by Lavande; July 16, 2015, 07:51 AM.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey PQ! Hope it's a good day for your eyeballs, and for your internet connectivity. SG will be here for another 10 days. She's a peach!

Morning, Lav, enjoy your sanity break!

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,it looks very nice,sorta reminds me of a wishing well I've been accumulating nice stones on my walks,if I can't have a real garden, I'll have a rock garden haha,my bougie is doing ok,not flowering as much as last years but its been windy here and blowing them off,watched a depressing doco on plastic last night I always hear of BPA and recycling and where plastic ends up but never realized how BAD it is!gonna try and do what I can to minimize my contribution to the plastic overload, use my cloth bags for groceries,use foil instead of baggies,drink soda from a can etc,sounds like everyone is well,hope we all have a superb Thursday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone,feeling a wee bit calmer today - got some work done today so getting through backlog.Main thing I've realised more than ever,bad days and feelings pass - sweaty cardio exercise is essential for me to calm down!

Loving my yoga but need the sweaty fast stuff too.Booked spin before work tomorrow,another sweaty cardio class saturday morning and body balance sunday.
              Did some yoga off dvd last night, may use the relaxation session just on its own tonight.
              Thanks Mick,I hope I've got the hang of it too, not counting any chickens though
              Hey Lav,have you heard of those cook books,think you'd really love them.
              PPQ - that's a fecking nightmare - had IT probs last week when I was uber busy,sooo frustrating.
              hey Pauly good idea re plastic - i drink water from plastic bottle every day - time to change!Hey Pie and Sam(new job yay!) and hello to Det and SF with the bad back.
              Love to you all - have a peaceful and happy evening xx
              one day at a time

Comment

I drink from plastic bottles too Bear,but I try and just refill it with the RO water for a few days, I know VOSS uses glass bottles but they're so damn heavy in my purse
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I did have a very nice & much needed 'girly' kind of day with my girls

bear, I have seen the Deliciously Ella food blog - she has some great recipes on there!
                  Glad you are working in your sweaty cardio days, ha ha!!!

Pauly, it's disturbing to hear that recycling companies are overwhelmed & hiring trash haulers to remove & dispose of the things we think are being recycled

Hi to everyone & have a good night!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X