friday 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday 17

mornin all ...and how are we today then?nearly forgot about this ...running about like a headless chicken this mornin ..no pun intended to your gang Lav!!got to pick the outlaws u from the airport at 1305....this puter is being its usual cantankerous self...the letter p doesnt work unless you hit it with a lump hammer ..managed to get the wall planted up ..it gives it a bit of age now......looks almost as old as me!!

right ..brew time....

hiya pie hows you today then?all ok....hows the dogs doing?any plans for the weekend?

eye eye ...hows you then ppqp? have you managed to stop taking the drops yet?hope its on the mend ...

hiya Lav ...well did you enjoy yourself shopping yesterday?better than playing minecraft?brew time for you....got some nice plants in the garden centre yesterday ...reduced ..they are getting rid of a load for a stock check??go a pink phlox,a purple one,purple primula,blue and a pink campanula ..a tumbling ted alpine and another couple of alpines £11......pretty good Id say...

hi pauly hows you then ? a rock garden....hey that aint as mad as you think..Ive got stones that Ive picked up from all over the wureld.....from Ghandis tomb garden in India,Red Square in Moscow, Ti ahnemen square in China , the Taj Mahal India ..The Cu Chi tunnels vietnam.. the killing fields Cambodia the beach in France ,vocanic rock from Mount Tiede in Tenerife, and so on ...the worlds biggest collector of crap!!I agree we should cut down on the amount of plastic we use ...to help the wureld we can share..if you send me your account number and pin ..then we could share that plastic...seeemples:welldone:

hiya bear ......Did some yoga off dvd hey you must be pretty good at balancing!!!!hows things with you ?all cool?

Sam the man hows you ? hows the job doing?..Ns hows you ?what you up to?Matt where are you ?hope youre enjoying your holiday

folks gotta dash..got to be at the airport in an hour......

20150716_192114.jpg

A lorry on its way to a Glasgow depot has overturned on the M8, spilling its entire cargo of pre-packed salad bags onto the carriageway.

A police spokesman has warned drivers to expect delays of up to four minutes, while he picks them both up.
    My wife's so convinced of my psychic abilities, when our phone rings she'll ask me who's calling rather than pick it up to find out herself

What's worse than an IOU?

An IOEU.

When you think about it, bubble wrap is just Clingfilm with acne

Former US President George HW Bush has broken a bone in his neck after a fall.

George Bush Junior was said to be concerned after a friend used some of his crayons to draw him a picture showing him where a neck is.

After I'd seen a car forced off a road in Paris, the French police asked me to write a statement and a gendarme who spoke English volunteered to help me

"What's 'to force' in French?" I asked him

"Eight, - same as in England you stupid man!" he replied

"Trump is running for president? That's insane, the idea that a moronic businessman with a long record of dim-witted statements could become president of the United States" Said George W Bush.

What's the difference between a limbo dancer and a politician?

A politician can get lower than a limbo dancer.
    Last edited by Mick; July 17, 2015, 09:04 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday to all!

Mick, I think you should be charging for all the trips to airport!
    I love the clearance sales at the plant nurseries, yay! I had a real good time with the girls yesterday & no talk of Minecraft. Of course the main topic of conversation was finding the 'perfect princess castle', ha ha!! I'm glad I chose yesterday to make that trip because the heat & humidity are making a return today. My daughter is building a rock wall in her yard, it's looking pretty good.

Greetings to the whole gang! I'll check in later after a trip to Curves this morning & some work stuff this afternoon. I am dog sitting this weekend - the ITs will be here sometime today.
    Have a great AF day one & all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

The solution to the Greek Problem
      It is a slow day in a little Greek Village.
      The rain is beating down and the streets are deserted.
      Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody lives on credit.
      On this particular day a rich German tourist is driving through the village, stops at the local hotel and lays a €100 note on the desk, telling the hotel owner he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs in order to pick one to spend the night.
      The owner gives him some keys and, as soon as the visitor has walked upstairs, the hotelier grabs the €100 note and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.
      The butcher takes the €100 note and runs down the street to repay his debt to the pig farmer.
      The pig farmer takes the €100 note and heads off to pay his bill at the supplier of feed and fuel.
      The guy at the Farmers' Co-op takes the €100 note and runs to pay his drinks bill at the taverna.
      The publican slips the money along to the local prostitute drinking at the bar, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer him "services" on credit.
      The hooker then rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill to the hotel owner with the €100 note.
      The hotel proprietor then places the €100 note back on the counter so the rich traveller will not suspect anything.
      At that moment the traveller comes down the stairs, picks up the €100 note, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, pockets the money, and leaves town.
      No one produced anything.
      No one earned anything.
      However, the whole village is now out of debt and looking to the future with a lot more optimism.
      And that, Ladies and Gentlemen, is how the Greeks will pay off their Eurozone debts.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Never thought of it that way before, Mick! Seems like money is just an idea now anyway and that sort of shows how it works.

Lav, I thought of you yesterday when I listened to this story about backyard chickens.

Comment

Mae everybody, good one Mick!!day off todayand not sure what I'll do,was debating on a mental health day or a getting out day,will figure it out as it comes along,sounds like everyone is good will check in later,much love to all
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning Mick, Lav, NS, Pauly.

Mick, Do your in-laws visit frequently? Stay at your house?

Comment

evening quick whizz in,very tired long day,staff BS to deal with - but I'm getting through it ll slowly - spinning definitely helps!

sorry for brief post,dvd,food,cat bath and early night - bliss - lie in tomorrow and no gym as I need to do nothing for a bit.
              Happy Friday everyone
              one day at a time

Comment

hiya pie ...the outlaws live about 2 miles away...in fairness they are sound ..just a pain in the ass where holidays are concerned...instead of paying the extra dosh they will fly out and return at stupid o clock!!!

Comment

Makes sense now, Mick.

Hiya Pauly and Bear.

Comment

Alooooha Friday ABerooos!

Mick, thanks for sorting out the debt crisis. Mick for president!

super braindead yesterday as Dx's flight was further delayed til 2:15am owch sure great to have her home though

hope you all are enjoying your dog and outlaw sitting this fine weekend.

getting my work done so I can prepare to hike/shoot with friends in the morn.

back later to keep an eye on you rascals

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Ugh Det,driving at 2 am would kill me! Took a walk in the 100 plus degrees and that part wasn't so bad,it was the grocery bags I was carrying that killed me,threw off my hip and back,had Louie for a bit but his dad got sick at work and he just picked him up so now I'm bored, got a lifetime movie on that sucks!shoulda rented something at Redbox instead of this nonsense
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL....YAY...it's Friday and the weekend is here.

Mick...thanks for kicking us off this morning. Eye is still not healing, I'm back to drops every 4 hours. I really think it has a lot to do with all the stress I've been under at work. Boss decided the British Open is more important than work and he's been MIA. Building super is back on Monday so that's one job I can take off my plate. Board members are starting to notice the boss is never around and that I am dealing with everything. Apparently boss gave his notice at the last board meeting and he will be done next August. He hasn't informed the staff yet though. Love the solution to the Greek problem and that's a second vote for Mick for president.

Lav...good luck with the IT's this weekend.

NS...thanks for the info on backyard chickens. Not that I have any but know people who do.

Pauly...so what won out, mental health or getting out? Hope your day was good which ever way it turned out.

Pi...are you going to miss SG being around? I'm glad she was a good fit for you.

Bear...I think I need to get active to deal with my stress to. You are a good influence on me.

Det...glad Dx made it home safe a sound. Bummer you had to hang around the airport so long. Enjoy your hike/shoot tomorrow.

Simple supper, hot dogs on the BBQ, early to bed with my book and sleeping in tomorrow. Other than my Dad visit tomorrow the rest of the weekend is going to be me time. Heaven help the first person that asks me to do something for them. LOL Have a peaceful evening all, see you in the morning......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Mick for president & PQ for VP

NS, there is absolutely NO CHICKEN KISSING allowed here - trust me!!!! And I won't bring one in the house either.
                          I've always made a big point with the kids about hand washing after we collect eggs & all that. I also pitch any cracked eggs ~ don't trust them

Pauly, we really need to find you a hobby. What do you think?

Det, glad Dx is home safe & sound. Sorry about the late night flight arrival, that's tough.

PQ, I really hoped you had better news about your eye, sorry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you :hug:

My brain is turning off, time to end this day! Peace to all!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                          X