tues 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tues 21

mornin all,how are we today?5.23 am, on a cold rainy mornin ...what happened to summer?quick brew then off....have a great day all......

Doctor said I need to lose weight.
    "What's the heaviest you've been?" he asked.....
    "18 & a half stone" I told him.
    "And what's the lightest you've been?" said the doc....
    "7lb 4oz" I replied.

Comedian Lee Nelson threw money at Sepp Blatter at a FIFA conference as a protest, it backfired as he now has to host the 2026 World Cup in his back garden.

As I sailed in to harbour in my yacht, the customs boarded it to inspect me for smuggling. I don't have any drugs on board whatsoever I told them.

You can ask any of my 634 Syrian crew members.

Those push-up bras don't work very well do they?

I'm wearing my wife's and I still can't manage more than eight.

Lee Nelson interrupted Sepp Blatter's press conference by showering him with dollar bills.

Blatter was said to be furious after picking the notes up to discover they were fake.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    thanks for the kick off Mick, long day yesterday; work, then home and having to take our old cat to the vet to be put down, she was 22 and lived a good long quirky cat life. Been seeing it coming. Then off to play toones last night. Stayed out too late but certainly a lot easier to do not waking up with the big headache from drinking!

Feel like the white wabbit, I'm late I'm late

off to it, hello to everyone!
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Tuesday to all!

Thanks for the startup Mick. I hope your cold & rainy day improves!

Sam, wow your cat did have a long life. It's hard to let them go!
      Glad you woke up without a headache this morning

I, unfortunately did wake up with a giant sinus headache this morning - lucky me.
      I need to spend a quiet day because I had practically no voice left last night by the time I went to bed.
      The dogs were picked up at 10 pm last evening so it will be a lot quieter here today. Can anyone say 'Granny Nap?', ha ha!!

Greetings to all, I'll check in later.
      Have a great AF Tuesday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Loved this one, Mick!:
        Doctor said I need to lose weight.
        "What's the heaviest you've been?" he asked.....
        "18 & a half stone" I told him.
        "And what's the lightest you've been?" said the doc....
        "7lb 4oz" I replied.
        Sam, 22 years? That is pretty amazing. I'm sorry you lost your feline friend but I bet she enjoyed her long life with you.

I'm traveling for a few days and once again, acutely aware of how awesome it is not be be sneaking little bottles of wine into my suitcase and chugging them out-of-sight. How was that ever a vacation???

Have a good MAE, Abbers!

Comment

If you're looking for summer, Mick, it's over here, and will be for a good while yet to come.

Glad that you got to enjoy some music-making after saying goodbye to your cat, Sam.

10 pm doggy pick-up, Lav? I rarely saw 10 pm while drinking, certainly not sober.

Bon Voyage, NS! Where you headed?

Dropped a bundle on car maintenance yesterday. The airbag recall work was free, but not the rest of it. Great to have it all done though, including the complimentary car wash. Unscheduled day ahead until 7:30 pm when friend will drop off puppy for care through the weekend. SG is away for several days at a retreat that's part of her last week of training.

MAE all!

Comment

aww Sam sorry to hear about pusscat,what a great long life, it's always too soon to say goodbye though isn't it.

Long day,hard hypno sesh monday - went back to look at childhood stuff,painful but feel a bit freer today.Achieved quite a lot today work wise and have eaten well - off to gym for a favourite class at 7pm and then back for a long bath after.

Lots o drinking thoughts,it's so unfair I can't wah wah,off to all day music thing(driving)saturday and feeling very deprived - also thinking about christmas(!) - have done both these scenarios sober before and enjoyed them, maybe I need to stayin today?
            I've noticed this pattern after a sustained period of stress,where I appear to be doing well,.
            calm wise and also sobriety wise I think it's just a massive case of 'f**k it' that pops up!! It's like I have nothing left,hoping by building in my deep breathing and smothering myself in essential oil that this will help - along with trying to surrender to some higher power(not sure what yet) and accept that I can't control alcohol.

Anyway,tired but making small steps towards being better - in myself physically and mentally and towards resolving BS at work. Although it's hard I'm learning a lot - both about HR procedure - and myself. Have a lovely evening everyone.
            one day at a time

Comment

MAE ALL....

Bear...OMG you can't be thinking of Christmas already. To be honest I've been having drinking thoughts too and I contribute it directly to the stress I've been under. You are really doing great with everything that's been on your plate. I do think the hypno sesh's are helping, you felt a bit freer today. Small steps are good, you are going to need time to get through everything you're dealing with. Just tell the chair in your living room that you're turning it all over to him. Doesn't matter who or what is your higher power, just giving it over to someone/something starts the brain changing. :hug:

Pi...how'd the unscheduled day go? So you won't be alone this week while SG is at the retreat, a puppy can be great fun. I ended up buying the extended maintenance protection for Nessy. It just saves me having to pay for expensive repairs and gives me peace of mind.

NS...enjoy your travels. It's amazing the things we used to do for the almighty drink! Life is so much simpler now.

Lav...take all the granny naps you want, you deserve. 10pm is still pretty late for me. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Sam...all kinds of things come to mind with a quirky cat life. I'm sure he/she was well loved. Isn't it great to stay up late and not have "the" hangover in the morning?

Mick...as always thanks for the kickstart. Hope your outing was successful. Still trying to figure out that clue you gave Pi. :stupid: Son came home this morning as he hadn't slept all night, eaten in a couple of days, nauseous, anxiety on the verge of panic attack, much pacing. Same as Christmas time. I do believe the trigger is his Dad. The ex has been on a manic for about 2 weeks now. It's the constant phone calls, stupid degrading remarks, unrealistic demands that sends everyone else into a tailspin. I am in a position to ignore it but I sure feel for my boys and try to offer comfort and reason. The positive is things are fairly back to normal at work, at least I'm not stretched in 50 directions anymore.

Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

hay hay ABerooooskies!!

dreary dark and thunderstorms here in the high desert. at least that's brought the temp down a tad.

RIP Sams cat

sounds like all are doing well managing changing thought processes which is good, although can be heavy at times indeed.

packing up for couple days in the bay starting tomorrow. Not stressed at all happily.

only problem now is I'm really hungry and the smell of the Indonesian stew on the stove is driving me bonkers

be well loves
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Still very sneezing & snotty here, yuck
                  I did have a quiet day & spent time on the couch watching a soap opera until I fell asleep, ha ha.

Bear, everyone has stress but not everyone chooses to drink at it. I told myself that over & over again until I really believed that's what I wanted too. Drinking never improved any situation for me in the past & it won't in the future either.
                  Treat yourself with all the kindness you can muster up!

PQ, I am sorry you all have to deal with the ex's manic mood swings - that just sucks. Is he on medication & not taking it? What do you think? I'm sure you & your sons have some plan in place to draw the defense shields when he acts up. I sure hope you do :hug:
                  You take good care of yourself as well!

Hi there Pie, NS & everyone!

Wishing everyone a peaceful night!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Det....Southern Alberta has just been issued a Tornado Warning. It's just north of us and traveling East. Skies are starting to get pretty dark! Glad you're not stressed about the bay trip. Now you're making me hungry. LOL

Lav...ex will not accept he has a problem and has never taken medication expect for the 5 times I had him picked up on mental health warrants. In his opinion if everyone just did exactly what he said there wouldn't be a problem. Had shielded the kids from all the manics till the last 2. They were old enough to understand what was going on. They realize that when he's in this state it's not him but the chemical imbalance. Even though you understand it still hurts.

Watching the weather to see what materializes but have my flashlight ready for any power outage. Gotta read my book tonight. LOL

Comment

thanks lovelies,PPQ, I'm sure having you there is a great shield for your kids.
                      thanks for the post,feeling much lighter today.
                      one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                      X