wensdi 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wensdi 28

morn all..how are we today then?well success with yesterdays project...not just yestterday ..but into the early hours this mornin...the wood I got was right tatty looking sdo I cleaned it up...tp find it wasnt oak at all but red mahogany..its now fitted stained,and the wall around it has been plastered in..looks brand new!!! anyway been up since daft o clock and not had a brew so first things first..

hiya Sam...hows you?all good hopefully ..sounds like you like the new job...I love messin with wood..quite strange really for someone who got thrown out of woodwork at school!!my friends son has just qualified as a tree surgeon so he is in the process of buying all his climbing kit..not the best of ideas to buy it 2nd hand I wouldnt have thought..

hia ppqp...well did the day turn out as you had hoped ? stress free?hope so...that post is brill ..yes you are right what ever subject it is ...we seem to pick up on the salient points pertaining to that thing....as you say its quite a feeling to walk past your booze haunts and not bother...now I can pick up bottles of scotch etc and look at them with interest as to the why what and where they were made..but thats it ..no inkling of got to try need etc....I will never beat al...but I will certainly control it and its effects on my life!!

hia bear ...hope today goes well for you ...like you say baby steps but you can do it you have proved that ..its maintaining now for you...now as for greek yoghurt...asda do a strawberry cheesecake one ..its frozen like ice cream and luvverly..

hia Lav...no minecraft today then?whats your grand daughter into then?I remember it was my little pony and pocket polly with Amy...then anything n everything ...heres your brew ..reckon you'll need it!!...re run...just read your post ..oops was yesterday..glad it was a good day any way..Ive got 2 rabbits running about the house ..and they are defo as bad as kids!!!

hi pie..hows you then?firstly...yep there is nothing wrong with thinking about drink ..as Ive always said its how you deal with the thoughts..as time goes on they do fade and it no longer becomes a deal..now as for that book....I hate books that jump back and forth all the time ..its probably cos my brain can only handle one thing at a time!!!

hia ns ...hows you then destressed ?all good..are you doing anything today?

wb pauly..so what do we say thats a good start with a nice 7 day,each and everyone is different and yes you will hit that trigger that says feck this Ive had enuff..can you tink when you drink? particular times ..when youre down stressed etc?..placebos and alternatives spring to mind..I think you nail it when you said you give in too easily...you asked for ideas..so please dont shoot the messenger!! you need to find something firstly to show yourself that it is all worth it..now whether that is a piggy bank you put into and buy summat for you every so often,or go out...secodly...when you get the urge to drink..it hits you..need a drink need a drink....its like a wall of water hitting you ,overwhelming you...now if you can break that wall of water down into manageable parts ..then youre quids in..its finding a strategy that will deal with each individual want a drink mode...ive got a few ideas that helped me definitely..happy to share with you ..some of them may sound stupid or old hat..but 3 years down the line who am I to mock..Hows Mick the cat today then?pm me whatever..if I can help I wll as will we all but for you ....you have got to say fk this I dont care how tough it gets youre history booze man :hug:

right peeps time to go..have a good one....

I was casually minding my business while smoking a cigarette.

"You shouldn't do that in front of your child," exclaimed a man.

"Technically, he's not my child," I replied.

"What..." said my son.

I visited a Mandarin Library yesterday, it was full of Chinese whispers.

My wife says she wants to be a rapper.

Makes sense - she loves being around chocolate bars.

Do you ever get that feeling you are being ignored?

Windows 9 was my idea

Driving along with a mate looking for a hotel last night when he said "They all seem good,they have signs saying free wife" think he needs glasses

This guy walks into a bar in Redneck county and orders a white wine. Everybody sitting around the bar looks up, surprised and the bartender looks around and says: "You ain't from around here, are ya... where ya from, boy?"

The guy says, "I'm from England."

The bartender asks, "What th' hell you do in England?"

The guy responds, "I'm a taxidermist."

The bartender asks, "A taxidermist... now just what th' hell is a taxidermist?"

The guy says, "I mount animals."

The bartender grins and shouts out to the whole bar, "It's okay boys, he's one of us!"

People ought to stop mocking Rednecks for their mullet hairstyles, pickup trucks and banjo music.

After all, they're just carrying on the traditions of their incestors.

What’s the last thing a redneck says before he dies?

"Hey guys! Watch this!"

I entered my dog in the redneck version of Crufts last week.

She won "Best Inbreed."

I fell asleep watching the Country Music Awards. When I woke up I was missing 4 teeth and I was married to my sister

before

20150612_064833.jpg

after

20150729_091058.jpg

20150729_083257.jpg
    Attached Files
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    thanks for the brew, Mick, Your handy work looks great. Funny how school works. Don't like or do well in school but in the outside world it makes sense because there's an interest or a need.

Pigs are growing and eating.

IMG_1210.jpg

named them Bacon, Egg and Grits. My daughter wants to keep one and have babies but I DO NOT want to get into that.....yet.

have a good one everyone
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day to all!

Wow Mick, you have done some nice work there, good for you!
      I haven't accomplished much of anything this week except entertain kids & their parents & then clean up afterwards, ha ha.
      We have a heat index of 100 degrees & more this week - super yucky outside. My chickens have gone on strike, don't blame them.
      My granddaughter was very interested in My Little Pony stuff but that seems to be changing. Who knows what will be next?

Greetings to Sam, Pie, NS, Pauly, bear, Det, SF & anyone checking in today!
      I'm running out to Curves now while I can then right back home. Nothing else in the plans so far

Have a great AF Wednesday everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Cross post Sam! Love the piggies
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Impressive improvement there, Mick, switching out the stainless doorstep for the mahogany one! Thanks for pics. I'm lining up on a new project to spruce up my second bathroom by painting the walls and cabinets. Planning to go slow, and take it in stages, clean, caulk, sand, primer, paint...

Bacon, eggs, and grits are mighty clever names, Sam. Edible too!

Hi Lav, Pauly, NS, PQ, and thanks for your feedback on the drinking thoughts.

I'm off to vet with two of my dogs for their annual exams. Fingers crossed that cost will be far less than recent car work.

Stay strong, Bear.

Comment

Mae everybody, nice work Mick my girls were also into Polly pocket, all those tiny pieces used to drive me nuts!then Bratz dolls,I used to spoil them with the different things that came out(cuz I wanted to play too) haha,Sam,the pigs are getting big,I think babies is a good idea someday loved the redneck jokes today BTW,great post PPQP,its true that we focus on what pertains to the situations we're going through at that time,went for a walk this morning and 2 guys were coming out of a bar,I decided to turn around and walk the other way,I'm not putting myself in the way of drunk people at 4:45 am,hi Lav,Pie,Det,Bear,NS,hope everyone has a great Wednesday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey everyone just whizzing in - got through today with a lot of deep breathing, and had a revelation - bad feelings come and go throughout a tricky day - they don't stay all day.

I read somewhere how stress is like filling a cup with water,you have to let some of it out - so it doesn't overflow, my breathing and exercise empties my cup.

Pie sorry you been having drinking thoughts too,its pants isn't it - they will float in and out i think if we let them rather than engage with them.
              Mick,cheesecake frozen yogurt sounds amazing!

Sam - cute piggies,they're such lovely clever animals.

Hey Pauly - good move,doubt they would have made much sense!

Lav - that sounds steaming hot.

Enjoying feeling physically tired after body pump class, head feels empty for the first time today.I am going to yoga tomorrow no matter what happens.Feeling on the up now,over the worst.
              one day at a time

Comment

MAE ALL...

Mick...thanks for the kickstart. Wow, you do good work. Looks fab. Yup the day turned out stress free and today just flew by. Love the pics, which reminds me I need to get a garden shot for you guys.

Sam...bacon, egg and grits. Love it. I actually ordered grits one time yuck! You'll be in the piglet business before you know it. LOL

Lav...hope you had a relaxing day inside with the A/C. Looks like our weather is going to stay at normal temps and no precip in sight for awhile. I'll take it.

Pi...now you got me thinking about my bathroom. Geeze, could you pop over when you're finished with yours? Hope the vet bill wasn't to pricey.

Pauly...I was thinking what bar is open at 4am and then I remembered you live in Vegas. LOL I'll have to google bratz dolls, with only males in my life I'm not sure I've heard of them. Hope your day went well.

Bear...good analogy about stress. That makes sense. Oh to have that empty head feeling. Your post even sounds more up compared to the one you tacked onto yesterdays thread. Good job on getting over the worst.

I've noticed a big difference in my attitude/energy since the stress of the community fun day is done and dusted. Lazy dinner tonight, soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Sounds like the perfect dinner PPQP
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Great day.....doctors...yoga client....family yoga....out to dinner....great food and great music. Full day for sure. I've been doing good on the AL front. I have ben working to release......and it seems the more I release the further away AL gets from me. I am kind of shocked that I don't think of it at all.

There are some things are going on that are personal that I don't care to post.

Glad that everyone had a great day.
                    SF

Comment

Working...
                    X