Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

friday the 31wunth..its nearly Christmas!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friday the 31wunth..its nearly Christmas!!!!

hia folks ..how are you today?weekend coming up..any plans peeps? for me its the start of the out early doors sundays...seems like I haven t done that for years....

brew time....here we go...but firstly..
    Pie so sorry to hear about your dog..they (animals ) become part of our lives and play major roles in them...I gotta agree with you....if there is a chance.....:hug: my thoughts and prayers are with you..as far the drink goes you got that one bang on the button ..it wont do any good at all..I know you wont need it ..but Im here if you do ....just give us a shout!:hug:

morning Sam..how are you today then?all good my friend?..you got any gigs lined up for the weekend?

hey pauly how are you doing?hows you doing with the boozing losing?you worked out a plan or anything yet for when things get a bit skeetery ..(just made that word up...means when it looks like things can go to rat sh.t) you doing anything this weekend?

hia Lav ...and hows the minion minder today then?all good?here you go..a major infusion of the ground beanz and water...like you I never get bored..talking to a guy the other day..in fact he took my job when I left the service..its his turn to go now and he is really panicky...doesnt know how he will cope...it seemed strange to think that I was once at that point..now I havent got enough time!!

hiya NS..hows you doing this week ?al stress related issues disappeared?

Matt the man ..welcome back friend how goes it ?how was the jollies ..hows the no booze cruise going ...what happened to the ankle?

hiya bear ...chuffed its just anxiety ...now then get rid of that ...que sera sera !!!dont worry ..be happy..sure theres a song from way back there!!

hiya ppqp..how are you then today all good? have you any plans for the weekend?Reckon I will make a Ruby Murray for tonight..

right peeps take it eazee n have a good one...

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have signed a deal with Amazon.

Packing parcels is better than no job I guess.

'David Cameron: Further questions will be asked about Lord Sewel' - How much does his dealer charge, and can he deliver in the Witney area?

This train that's just arrived in Dover is definitely a Eurostar.

Its roof is covered in razor wire.

My wife looked out the window and saw me making weird hand gestures.

She asked, "What the hell are you doing?"

I replied, "Just grabbing some air."

"If I live to 110, I still don't think I will understand women" My granddad always used to say.

He was a crap marriage guidance councillor.

Customers have been limited to £30 of fuel in an attempt to shorten queues.

How is that going to work? That's only enough to get back to the end of the queue!

What's a Specimen?

An Italian Astronaut

I went into a clothes shop the other day and a woman working there said to me:

"If you need help with anything, I'm Jane".

I had never met a woman with a conditional identity before.

I thought: If I don't need help, who is she..?

Exercise programme:

Take one Weetabix.
    Take an Aero chocolate bar.
    Crumble the Aero over the Weetabix.
    Voila. Aerobix.

Ortographobia is the fear of spelling mistakes.

That name's tempting fate a bit I think...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Mick & Abbers
    bear has a thread started as well so I'm stopping in both!

My dog friends got me up extra early this morning but that's OK. It makes a perfect excuse for a possible granny nap later this afternoon, ha ha.
    I've had a few minion-free days here Mick & that's perfectly OK. I heard my youngest grandson woke up his parents at 5:45 yesterday morning wanting the iPod to play Minion Rush - oh boy, not good.
    I am starting off with a trip to Curves then I don't know what. I always figure it out though. No boredom problems here!

Greetings to everyone & wishing for a great AF day for all!
    Thinking of you today Pie :hug:

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Happy Friday Friends,

Thanks again for sitting beside me as I took a ride on the worry train yesterday. I'm now comfortable with my decision for the Wednesday surgery. All three of my dogs are only alive today because of significant medical intervention, so I don't object to that. It's just in the cancer arena that I'm skeptical because of what I've personally witnessed. In my view, cancer treatment is lucrative for the providers, but barbaric and toxic for the patients. Anyway, going forward, will just have to see what makes sense.

In other news, I heard an interesting NPR interview with the author of a new drinking memoir, Blackout. Here's a link for anyone interested. http://www.npr.org/books/titles/4157...rank-to-forget

Good grief, Mick, Christmas! Just wait until PQ hears about this. Where did you say you'll be going on Sundays?

Morning Lav. I agree that early risers earn special napping privileges.

TGIF everybody.

Comment

Mae everybody, Pie,you sound good, i really feel bad cuz I know that pets are our family, I never understood that growing up, up until I had my dachshund Cookie,I always thought animals were just animals, but she taught me to fall in love with our fur babies feel half anxious half groggy this morning, have to go check on some different health care this morning and trying to get all the paper work together is pissing me off!!! Can't find anything, hello to all,will post laterHappy Friday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning, Pauly. Hope your day goes smoothly.

Just found the book I mentioned at my library, so requested a copy. Here's their summary:
          Summary:
          A memoir of unblinking honesty and poignant, laugh-out-loud humor, BLACKOUT is the story of a woman stumbling into a new kind of adventure--the sober life she never wanted. Shining a light into her blackouts, she discovers the person she buried, as well as the confidence, intimacy, and creativity she once believed came only from a bottle. Her tale will resonate with anyone who has been forced to reinvent or struggled in the face of necessary change. It's about giving up the thing you cherish most--but getting yourself back in return.

Comment

Blackout is a really great read,really identified with it.

Back after a slightly shorter day at work,had one hour back neck and shoulder massage tonight,feels better.Decided to book them in every 2 weeks and have bought load of aromatherapy oils.Treats for me in place of booze and fags.expensive but still loads less than boozing - and good for me.
            Had splitting headache all day,just about gone now - cancelled fringe trim for tomorrow so I can lie in and chill,maybe go to gym if I fancy it.I'm shattered and think I need to relax and not do a great deal.Happy Friday everyone,had yum marks and spencer cheesy prawn pasta and crusty role and some choccies,chamomile and spearmint tea now. Rock n roll!
            one day at a time

Comment

afternoon all
              quick check in before off to work again.

thanks again for the start up Mick, not much going on this weekend, get baby chick yard cleaned up to turn out and let them round around like a chicken. How's about you? beginning welding class??? Ruby Murray???

How do Lav? Nice that it has cooled off a bit, about died yesterday so humid. Found that the pigs love guinea eggs. We end up having some from the two that have survived. I like them but the wife does not. Personally I can't tell any difference. Hope you have a good weekend ahead.

Hello Pie, somewheres else in MWO I read about the "Blackout". Have to check it out. Yes, getting yourself back in return, I like that.

Bear, did not know you had a thread started. So you too liked "Blackout"? Sounds as if it might be a good thing to tell the nest about.

How do Pauly? What's you got up your sleeve for this weekend? Me, I've got my entertainment for the night all mapped out. The wife found Tom & Jerry dvd's at the thrift shop. I love cartoons! Hope you have a good un.

Back to it friends.
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Checked in on the other thread so now checking in here.
                I'm exhausted and need to relax a bit.
                Mick...googling Ruby Murray and didn't get it till I found it was slang for curie. LOL
                Pi...glad you're feeling better.
                Will check back in later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Well, as usual my no plan day turned into a busy one
                  I was asked to pick up the grandsons before lunch. The apparently were pestering the heck out of the floor installers, ha ha. I brought the boys here, dragged the pool out for them & let them have fun! I hope the new floors turned out nicely.

Pie, glad you are feeling better about things today. We will all be here for you, don't forget that!

Pauly, did you find all your paperwork? I'm not fabulous at sorting paperwork myself.

Sam, I've never had guinea hens but they look interesting. So the kids are ready for the big kid yard now? Cool
                  Much improved weather today - that's for sure.

Hey PQ, hope you are resting! Hello to Det, hope your cold isn't as bad as the one I just had - geez.

Peace to all tonight!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X