Saturationday 8ff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturationday 8ff

Well I'm up so what the hey, eh?? Did a little benefit thingy for the local library with some folks I've just started playing with. Hopefully the library made a little money. It was kinda wet from the rain that finished this afternoon but some folks turned out and no one threw any tomatoes etc at us so all in all it was fun.

off to visit the sandman. Check in later good friends, how do to you Can Too!
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Sounds nice and fun! We will go see windmills this afternoon. It is a unesco historical site so should be interesting. Good Saturday to all.
    (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

mornin folks how are we all today then?all good hopefully...wow was I tired last night..went to bed about half 8..just couldnt settle next thing I know it was 4.23 so thought I would get up...but then I gonked again and that was it 7.28!!the sun is out its shining beautifully rabbits are out ,and the horses are in the field..Julie has just got a new phone...Galaxy S6 so now Im getting extolled with the wonders of Samsungs finest creation!!!not so sure it makes calls yet!!early start tomorrow again..getting picked up at 4.20 am

soooooo ..brew time here we go ...

Sam mornin to you mate..hey your gettin the hang ov the spelin thingy of aintcha?brill,,,,playing tunes yesterday for the library?lots of shhh and quiet pleases?have a great day my friend...

hiya Lav ..just checking that you and the kids are still in one piece.......youre getting good at this kid minding game...you ever thought of doing it full time? ha ha......big brew here ....

Pauly hows you today then?we are all behind you here...never mind Kellies bleedin boyfriend..you look after yourself thats what its all abaht ..you ..you can do this..you know you can,we know you can......

Apple,steak minced beef,meat...but never heard of a procrastination Pie!!how are you today the double P?All good ..have you started on your work yet?

ppqp....your sight is a necessity....doing the work for Calgary isnt....if its getting to the point where its making you stressed uh huh ..exit stage left..its a trait of human nature...well for some people..the more we do ..the more we suffer and yet we then get to thinking subconsciously that the firm cant do without us..I remember thinking that when I left..ok I was good..used to get so many pats on the head I shrunk from 6 ft to 5ft 7 !! when I left the world did stop..the system didnt fail....and my health got better!!!!do it you wot regret it one jot!

CANTOO!!!!!!!!!:hug:I often wondered what happened to you.....missed ya .hows things with you?still trail blazing all over the place???yep like ppqp ...remember the saga of the name change! so whats been going on ?seriously nice to see your post

Eloise ..hiya to you ...hows life treating you then in Den Haag?now thats a grand hobby youve got yourself ....windmill watching in Holland!!

right folks ..off we go then ...Hiya No sugar n matt..not forgotten you...

I told my wife that I heard a Chinese man sing Hero at karaoke tonight.

"The Mariah Carey song?" she asked.

"No, Lionel Richie."

old joke upgraded version!!
      An asylum seeker is at the side of the road eating grass. A man pulls up in his car and says, "Hey! Don't eat that. Come home with me and I'll feed you."
      The asylum seeker replies, "I have four wives and twelve kids, can they come too?"
      The man says, "Fck off, I've only got a small lawn!"

Would you buy a jigsaw with a scan of your brain on it?

You'll have to make up your own mind.

My mate Gary asked me "Fancy coming to reincarnation convention with me later?"

might as well I said "You only live once"

Q: How do kids from Dallas spend the first week of the school year?
      A: Studying the Miranda Rights

Q: How do you know you are in Dallas?
      A: When you pull up to a red light, you roll up your windows!

Q: Why aren't people from Abilene allowed into Sea World?
      A: Because fishing poles are not allowed!

Cricket Australia. Sponsored by Immodium. Stopping you from getting the runs.

I went to buy a second hand car that was advertised by a private seller in the paper today.

I said, "What is it like on diesel, mate?"

"It skids everywhere," he replied
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning everyone,glad it's the weekend - and to be sober.
        Think I may be on 7 or 8 weeks now,really can't remember,feel good though and don't plan to start again - counting seems to mess me up a bit anyway - almost like a 'how long can you last' mentality kicks in.

Person at work signed off sick v stress,ideal in a way as I don't have to deal with her and I can get a temp in.Apart from that am dealing with it all pretty well,partly due to fact I am exercising,and getting up a bit later than 6.30 am,extra 15 min seems to make all the difference.

This weekend friends over for christmas day, quick run at the gym and bit of cleaning and tidying pre arrival.Lovely booze free eve last night,skate and picnic with ex-rollergirls at the lake.
        Feeling happy and not much else to say, good to see you all.
        one day at a time

Comment

sheeeeeit!!! apologies bear missed you out!!!!well done on the nae booze cruise......interesting that you arent counting...works for some ...a good piece of info for you to pass on to new starters who struggle....well done
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hey no probs mick - i've been a bit awol x
            one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

It's Saturday, right?
              So why is the youngest up at 6 & raring to go?? He never seems to settle down for long.

Greetings to Sam, Eloise, Mick, bear & everyone checking in today.
              Hopefuly I will get a few quiet moments this evening to check in again.
              Have a great AF day one & all

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE all,

Thanks for starting us off, Sam. I'd say you sure have got the hang of Mick-speak!

Eloise, visiting windmills in the Netherlands? Such an interesting agenda!

Hi Mick, yep Procrastination Pie I am. Got a kick out of the Texas-themed jokes.

Hi Bear, happy to hear you're feeling happy. I agree on the counting, do it or not, as it suits you.

Lav, funny deal on the 10 pm laundry. Glad YB has returned to back you up.

Hi PQ, bathroom painting project is awaiting primer. We'll see how long that takes.

Hello CanToo and everyone else popping in.

Meeting friends for lunch today. Drinking is a non-issue with this bunch, so should be just a fun time catching up.

Comment

Bear, did you really say "Christmas day" ??? Say it isn't so!!!!

Mick, I must admit I love your non-politically correct jokes :haha:. Hero took me a minute but I cracked up when I got it.

Sam, isn't it fun when what we love to do for ourselves is good for others?

Good to see you, El. Your normal life would be such a major holiday for me! You're smart to enjoy what your new home offers. It sounds like you've lived all over the world (US, Caribbean, Netherlands, where else??).

Lav, your kids sure are lucky you're a SuperSoberGrandma! They'd never be able to take off for so long if not for you.

Have fun with your friends at lunch, Pie. It's nice when people don't drink but when they do, my biggest problem isn't the not participating but getting bored when they start getting stupid. It's made me really love earlier-in-the-day social events.

CanToo, you were posting about being 6 months AF around the time I joined MWO. You were so cheery and upbeat -- I wanted to vault into the future and be just like you! Now I know why you were so happy - being comfortably AF is one of the best things ever! I hope you're still doing well.

Enjoy the weekend, Abbers! NS

Comment

MAE ALL....

Sounds like everyone's day is off to a good start including mine.

Sam...thanks for starting us off before hitting the hay. There's another useless saying. LOL

Eloise...morning to you.

Mick...my provider wants me to upgrade to the S6 as well. Will be interested in hearing what she thinks of it. Glad you got some good rest.

Bear...totally confused! Christmas Day?

Lav...oh to have the energy of the youngins!

Pi...well at least it's ready for the primer. LOL Have a great time at lunch today.

Taking it easy today...hot and sunny for my visit with Dad. Visit to the garden to water and then will see what the rest of the day brings. Have a Super Sober Saturday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

x-post PPQP! I hope your eyes are feeling better! I have a recurring problem too (hives on my torso) that comes and goes. It can make you feel kind of crazy!! xx

Comment

ppqp.as far as the s6 goes.......julie wasnt interested in it she wanted the s5....but now she is made up with the s6...she thinks its brill...and got to be honest its really fast and watching the screen and photographs..they are actually a lot better than television screen stuff!!

as far as the non-political jokes and pc ness..I am careful about some of it...as long as people dont take exception to it...

Comment

I LOVE your jokes, Mick. They are gently non-PC. A sense of humor is important :hug:.

Comment

Hi NS....I now consider myself lucky! LOL

Thanks for the info Mick....I find it very hard to get upset over jokes. They're JOKES! Geeze!

Off to Dad's will check in later....:smile:PPQP

Comment

ok ...Im off reely early doors in the mornin so wont be on fred dont think so heres tomorrows jokes

Donald Trump's Presidential election campaign has hit the buffers with the launch of his new campaign slogan. Trump: a breath of fresh air

I wake up every morning bright and breezy and looking forward to the day ahead.

Which kinda screws up my ambition to be a country and western singer

A man walks into his bedroom with a sheep under his arm.
                              His wife is lying in bed reading.
                              The man says, "This is the pig I have sex with when you've got a headache."
                              His wife replies, "I think you'll find that is a sheep."
                              The man replies, "I think you'll find I was talking to the sheep."

Bill Clinton, Hilary Clinton, and Al Gore were in an aeroplane that crashed. They're up in heaven, and God's sitting on the great white throne. God addresses Al first.

"Al, what do you believe in?"

Al replies, "Well, I believe that the combustion engine is evil and that we need to save the world from CFCs and that, if any more freon is used, the whole earth will become a greenhouse and we'll all die."

God thinks for a second and says, "Okay, I can live with that. Come and sit at my left."

God then addresses Bill. "Bill, what do you believe in?"

Bill replies, "Well, I believe in power to the people. I think people should be able to make their own choices about things and that no-one should ever be able to tell someone else what to do. I also believe in feeling people's pain."

God thinks for a second and says, "Okay, that sounds good. Come and sit at my right."

God then address Hilary. "Hilary, what do you believe in?"

"I believe you're in my chair."

Our Great Dane has been causing quite a smell around the house.

Whenever he barks I poop myself.

You might be a redneck if both your house and car are on blocks.

You might be a Redneck if your grandma has more teeth than you do

You might be a Redneck if you have a toilet seat as a hood ornament

You might be a redneck if instead of buying your girlfriend candy and flowers, you spray paint her name on an overpass.

You might be a redneck if Jack Daniel’s makes your list of most admired people

You might be a redneck if one of your fantasies involves a bulldozer.

You might be a redneck if people come to your door mistakenly thinking you have an auto salvage business.

You might be a redneck if someone accuses you of lying through your tooth.

You might be a redneck if stealing road signs is a family outing.

You might be a redneck if the air freshener hanging in your car lost its scent more than 5 years ago.

You might be a redneck if the auto junkyard calls you to get spare parts.

You might be a redneck if the bouquet at your wedding was stolen from a cemetery.

You might be a redneck if the passengers enter your vehicle through the driver’s-side door.

Comment

Working...
                              X