monday the 17th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday the 17th

mornin all ...and hows everyone at the start of the workin week? all ready to go??thats the spirit...up and at em!!!!!had aloooooooooong day yesterday ...even had to take a coupla pro plus tablets to keep me alive driving home...still was worth it...anyways thats another story......
    definitely a fall day here ..everything is damp its a wee bit misty too....

brew time and on we go......

Pie hows you this morning then ?all good ?nice pic you put up yesterday ..yho I did notice that there wiz no males in the pic...hmm does that mean me n Sam have to turn up with dodgy wigs on?..what are you up to today then?refurb still?hows doggy land doing? your post.....Think I'll put another pot of coffee on....you wear whatever ure comfortable in!!

mornin Lav..hows you then?all good ..fall a long way off?gee I wish..mind you cant really complain...had a great summer last wednesday!!brew time for you?bet thatsa great site with all the buggies around?..now then ..wouldnt it be a tad funny if someone was driving down the road with a bag of chopped carrots in their car and they just so happened to fall outta the bag every so often...hee hee!!did you get your fall wardrobe sorted out?

pauly ...4.30 am walk?man o man ..welcome to my world of early doors!! how are you doing today then?all good hopefully ...

hiya three year lady..hows you today then?yes its right what you said about celebrating and actually it does make you feel proud of yourself for the achievment..intersting your response to loony toons....i recall in the early days having conversations with you about all the hassle and your ex..and drinking etc...its amazing how your response has changed over time .....no I dont drink...and ex on the phone.... bing!!end of conversation ..you have really become more co nfident in yourself..Is that lawyer still milking the golden goose??

hiya ns..hows you today ..yes twas very tiring but good fun...as for the clues....hmm..Ive given you loads in the past...you just need to dig amongst them to see which are relevant and not...obviously if I came straight out and said ..ok I go hang gliding at weekends it wouldnt really to much of a clue would it ? and I detect in your posts that you are the sort of person that likes a challenge!!the day you get it right I will tell you....:hug:

hey Sam........hows you?your post...Looks like a weed eating day, awww if your strugglin Il send you a coupla tins o beans n sausages!!ok now that weve got that funny outta the road ..hows you then mate? just realised ..joke number 2 is in your post as well.....gotta look at a new fridge for the daughter....thats not much of a swop..will they not chuck in a holiday as well??:welldone: have a great day my friend!!

was looking for the bear lady but couldnt find her!!hows you today?hopefully ok....

likewise det ..you ok?

folks it exit stage left for moi..so have a good one...

I went to the doctor and said, "I'm having trouble 'satisfying' my wife."

He said, "You should try what I do."

I said, "What's that?"

He said, "Earn £100k a year."

Sometimes I get so angry I just want to go out and do judo moves on fat people.

But there is no point throwing a wobbly.

I went to a positive thinking class today.
    It was half-empty.

Apparently Brad Pitt has an ugly brother called Cess...but this could be a load of crap.

These wind farms you see everywhere are ridiculous. As if this country doesn't have enough wind of its own without wasting electricity making more of it by running these big fans.

What do we want?

- More Acronyms

- When do we want them?

- ASAP

As I squeezed tomato ketchup and brown sauce all over my breakfast, my wife looked at me and said, "That's disgusting."

"It adds more flavour," I replied, "Everybody does it."

"Not on cornflakes they don't."

Study: 25% of British toddlers know how to use an iPad.

That's nothing. 100% of Chinese toddlers know how to make one.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey Mick - called in sick today and am having blood test this morning,hopefully will be fine but just as a precaution.

So today = cat,sofa,planning food for week.

I have slipped on the looking after me - the deep breathing and aromatherapy really helps and I love it,yet haven't done it.Definitely having a nice big bath tonight.

I'm feeling a bit better but still a bit weak/no energy - plan to just read and plan healthy food,maybe watch a dvd.

Have a good day everyone - day 3 with no ciggies - technically all out of my system physically now.
    one day at a time

Comment

I've just realised I'm just over 10 weeks sober too,had blood test,get my results in a week.

Chilling out,thinking it may just be stress build up,no harm in having it checked though,pulse and BP all fine.

I'm so much happier than 10 weeks ago and have made a lot of progress,I've more consistent with my exercise,enjoying feeling stronger and more toned,I'm having nutribullet smoothie every day,I've decluttered and have decorating planned.I'm also really tackling team issues at work and issues in my personal life.

I'm going to look at my 'deliciously ella' book and plan two healthy meals to cook and keep in the fridge to keep me going for evenings for the week. Small steps,next step is planning more decluttering sessions into the diary,and one home yoga session a week - slowly and step by step I'm making my life better.
      one day at a time

Comment

Morning all
        thanks for the brew this morning, Mick. I'd be $$$ ahead if I could swap the daughter for the fridge!! Won't go down that path, though.

Off to a morning meet up with a farmer. Suppose to be tich warm today so better early than late, then off to my favorite thing to spend money on: the dentist.

Bear, glad you're sounding a bit better. I know it is only coincidental, but if I remember correctly, both you and Pauly are quitting the cigs and both of you all came down with some kind of bug/ailment. 10 weeks is great!! and every day it gets better. Small steps eventually makes big strides, so I hear!!

Well, gots to get myself together. Be well good friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

hey Sam - just saw your message from May - thank you,I do like Allan Carr's approach and used it to quit smoking previously.Guess I need to try it again!
          one day at a time

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Today is day 3 of the latest heat wave, ugh! Not my favorite weather. I also have a case of poison ivy going so I'm more itchy than usual, ha ha.

Thanks for the coffee Mick, it's helping!
            I really do not like driving so close to the horse & buggies but sometimes you have no choice. I've seen some horses get nervous & jumpy & nearly toss the occupants out of the buggies. I really wish they would stick to the back roads & stay off of the state highways. Summer goes on way too long around these parts so I am very jealous of your cooler weather

Bear, glad you are taking care of yourself. Stick to your self care plan, it's important. Great job on both of your quits!

Sam, I know you are feeling this heat too. Good idea to get the work done early
            I laughed at your mention of the chicks getting to the teenage stage. Big, dumb & non-productive at that point, ha ha!!

I have lots of stuff to get done today but most of it will be inside the AC house and/or car. I am such a weenie in this extreme heat, oh well.
            Have a great aF day everyone.

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning All,

Not to worry on the photo, Mick. I think you and Sam were inside cooking breakfast for everybody, leaving Det to take the pic. Better?

PQ, your 3 year milestone has me wondering if you noticed differences between years 1, 2, and 3. Any insight(s) you gained that keep you going? Question open to all of you long timers, so please chime in if it suits.

Comment

Mae everybody, didn't get a chance to post this morning, was fighting Mondayitis and time just slipped away,funny jokes Mick,Sam,I'm still smoking I'll work on it though, I just don't want to take on too many quits at once right now,diet,drinkin and cigs,its like a new years resolution doomed to fail,keeping my quit in tact takes priority over everything else, if I ever hafta come back and say I failed again, I'll die!strangest thing happened this morning, I was making out 2 bills,gathered them up and tossed them in my purse,when I got to the post office 1 was gone,still can't find it,weird,hope everyone has enjoyed this wonderful Monday,much love to all,SF check in
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pie, in answer to your question - I think the major difference between years 1, 2 & 3, at least for me was feeling my confidence grow stronger. I had disappointed myself for so long I wasn't 100% sure I could pull off a permanent quit. But your confidence definitely grows with time so that's a good peaceful feeling. Staying connected here surely has helped me maintain my status too.

Pauly, Did you look under the seat in your car? I swear I lose more stuff & it somehow ends up under the seats

This was my 3rd day in a row with no kids around - peaceful, ha ha!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X