firsdi 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firsdi 20

mornin all how are we this morning?all good ?my car is going into the garage today so I guess that will be a few spondoolix ..needs new front discs and a service..so in order to have wheels Ive got to take Julie to work ..and use her car today then pick her up later..so best push on..brews all round

hiya ppqp ...sent you a pm...but basically look after yourself...a sentiment that I reckon we all agree on ..youve put a lotta work into this,to enhance your life,so think of yourself first.....

hiya Sam....hows you then matey all good?yes found quite a few? coins over the years of various ages and metals ......nothing like the colour yellow as it comes outta the ground!!the oldest coin I have found is about 2050 years old..the oldest article is about 9000 years old (an axe head)..i actually prefer finding artefacts....seems more personalised tho I do like coins too..what are you up to today then ?as for the bathroom project...mines on hold at the moment too..gotta take tiles off the wall and replaster etc

hiya pie.....hows you ?all good ...in a wee bit of a rush this morning but yep no probs with passing on a few tales of finds..as for the hole one...was detecting in a field adjacent to a Roman road..just so happened that I thought i would detect right up to the hedge and along it..just so happened ..went for a pee first in the far corner out of site..certainly was.......it was a massive drainage ditch with sloped sides and the wind had blown the grass over to look like ground..it was winter if you recall..and bang in I went ..the more I struggled the more I went in ..couldn't get out cos of the angled sides...action?calm down a bit..found a couple of quite sturdy sticks and dug them into the bank and climbed out useing them kinda like ice axes!!

hiya pauly ..apple cider vinegar yeuch..Julie bought some for me it was horrible.. cough drops at the gas station?do you go to the pharmacy for fuel?:welldone:hope you are feelin better today......

hey bear hope all is well with you too.bit of under pressure is ok...but not when it jumps over that line into stress..

hiya NS...Hows you then?and your clueless colleague?hopoe you are well...

all go now...just dropped Julie off..my mate has turned up for my car soits a bit manic out there!

hiya Lav hows you doing today then?hope you are good ...have you the kids today ?brew time

right folks gotta dash ...but lets get some jokes on quick!!

Oscar Pistorius's early release has been blocked by a judge.

So it looks as though he won't be shooting through the door as quickly as he thought.

News: Man sets world record by kicking himself in the head 134 times in one minute.

The previous record was zero.

At a family dinner party last night, my dotty old grandad came in from the shed, carrying his toolbox.

"Watch this trick, son," he said, taking out a saw and hacking away through his trousers at his wooden leg. "Bet you've never seen anyone do this before, have you!?"

"Of course I have, grandad," I told him. "That's how you've GOT the fcking thing."

Winery (noun):

A group of women who have run out of chocolate.

I stayed in all last weekend trying to work out if 52 playing cards represent the 52 weeks of the year. If the four suits represent the four seasons. And finally, if the two jokers in the pack hold any significance to time at all.

fter a lot of deliberation and thinking I came to the conclusion that......

. I am a proper saddo.

I saw Simon Cowell in his giant Landrover the other day.

"Stop polluting the planet, you rich git!" I shouted.

"Oh leave off," he yelled back. "Just because you can't afford a car like mine."

"Car?" I said. "I'm on about the state of our music industry."

I came home last night and there was a big spider in the bath.

I wouldn't have minded but it'd used all the fcking hot water.

A bloke goes into the chemist's and says 'I'd like a chamberpot please'. The assistant says 'Sorry, we don't sell them. Have you tried Boots?'. The bloke says 'I have but the pee runs out of the laceholes'.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all,
    quick run by, got to meet someone this morning. thanks for the brew Mick. Saw this on FB. Got a chuckle:

A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas, and talked with an old rancher. He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs." The rancher said, "Okay , but don't go in that field over there.....", as he pointed out the location.
    The DEA officer verbally exploded saying, " Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me!" Reaching into his rear pants pocket, the arrogant officer removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher. "See this f..cking badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... On any land !! No questions asked or answers given!! Have I made myself clear?.... do you understand?!!"
    The rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores. A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams, looked up, and saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by the rancher's big Santa Gertrudis bull...... With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs.....
    "Your badge, show him your fu..king BADGE!!"

be well good friends.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

just got a calol from my friend who is doing the car...brakes need doing all round shoes n pads!!!a mere £380..and thats mates rates!!
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,that's a lot of cash!but at least it'll be done and you will be safely on the road,was thinking about the treasure hunting and my dad does something similar, he travels to old mining ghost towns and digs up old bottles, signs,all kinds of things and sells them on eBay to collectors, amazing what these people pay! Sam,that was a cute joke PPQP,hope you feel better today,hello Lav,Bear,Pie,SF,NS,Det let's all have a great Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good Thursday morning friends!

Hot, humid with more pop up showers here - swell.

Mick, I hate spending money on cars & stuff like that BUT at least we know you'll be safe in your travels

Sam, I saw that bit on FB too, ha ha!!!
          I swear they do a lot of helicopter searches around here - kinda creepy! Have a safe day on the roads. It's damp here already.

Pauly, how are you doing today? Feeling any better?

PQ, I sure hope you have a majorly improved day today :hug:
          I have a recording running quietly in the back of my head - I can't control what other people do, I can only control myself & my reactions. I honestly believe this mantra has kept me outta trouble & from reaching for a baseball bat even when someone deserves a major smackdown.

Hello to Pie, NS, Det & anyone checking in today.
          I'll stop back later.
          Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

MAE ALL....

There is definitely a change in my attitude today. Actually managed to get a good nights sleep. Woke up feeling empowered today, probably because of the night out with friends and venting/handing everything over to them. Priority is back on me first. Going to make a Dr's appointment and get back on the right track...looking after me. Thanks for all your messages of support it really does help. Will check in later...have to get ready for work........:smile:PPQP

Comment

Great news on the empowered front, PQ! One of my favorite feelings.

Thanks for the story, Mick. It didn't occur to me that there might be an element of danger in your treasure hunting.

Hi Lav, Pauly, Sam. Listening to rain on the roof, and the trees sighing in relief. Think I'll just go finish up my project, then come back to report it's DONE!

Comment

Well I definitely had a great day. It's amazing how much your attitude effects your life. Nothing was solved over dinner last night but venting it out sure changed things. I think that's why MWO works. You get to hand things over to group. I also think that's the reasoning behind a "higher power" in AA.

Pi...you haven't com back. You didn't get stuck in there did you?

Lav...I agree about only being able to control your own reactions but sometimes I say F'it I'm just going to be pissed off. LOL

Pauly...yup am feeling much better.

Sam...I also shared that one on FB. I just thought "How appropriate!"

Mick...sorry about the car troubles, you can vent all you want hear. LOL What a story...we are all grateful you made it out.

Four day weekend, feeling energetic. Want to get a lot of chores accomplished but will be taking time for me as well.
                Have a peaceful evening all......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Glad you feel better today PPQP,watching the news and they're talking about Jimmy Carter and his cancer,I think he's 90 years old,has had a full life,maybe if I were him I'd forgo treatment and donate the treatment to a kid with cancer or someone else with no insurance or something, just thinking aloud,went to Cold Stone and got the most amazing chocolate cake covered with chocolate ice cream and more chocolate sauce,twas good Sam,watched the horse video on Facebook, pretty cool,hope everyone has a good night

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

:welldone: PQ. glad you had a better day today!
                    I love getting out for lunch with friends & handing them a load of BS - they're always ready to take it off my hands, ha ha!
                    We do have a pretty understanding group here too.

Pie, hope you didn't kick over the paint bucket or anything, LOL
                    Are we going to see the final result?

Pauly, it sounds like you may have gone overboard on the chocolate today. Don't make a habit of that, you could hurt yourself, ha ha.

Lots of rain & thunder storms today but it's still muggy as hell out there - yuck.

Peace to all tonight!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

In my defense I gave part to Brady,Lav haha have a peaceful night

Comment

Working...
                      X