monday august 24 th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday august 24 th?

mornin all and how are we today then?didnt find the motherlode yesterday,maybe next time!!!finally sore throat is starting to ease off...just been really out of sorts recently health wise,but fingers crossed......

ok then brew time it is so here we go....

Well Det ..how are you doing today mate?mbh ...thought you had got it cracked this time....jeez that was a bit of a hammering you gave it wasnt it..the sad thing is you say there is no real good reason for it..might be wrong here ..but sounds like a sure fire case of fck it.com!! you can prove you can do it...so do it...cmon man ...back on the horse time!

to Det..from Mr booze......

I sneaked in quiet left no clues,
    Planted the seed that you needed my booze,
    You didnt resist and took me as a friend.
    So we supped all night ..up to the end

Youve got the tools but didnt use them well
    which meant I could take you down the road to hell,
    And now Im gone another victim as a hit,
    Leaving you thinking and feeling like shit.

hiya pie how are you? kinda difficult running about at daft o clock thinking that there are peeps going to bed!

hiya ns ..how are you ?hope all is well in your gang

hiya ppqp...glad you had a good visit with your dad..now then are you at work today or still on jolliday?

hey Sam ..wow you are one busy guy..well done mate...sounds good too..kinda busy too otherwise would give you a hand I have promised myself 10 days to get the herb garden cemented in and also make the garden bench and a few other jobs ...

hiya Pauly..how are you feeling today?any better ..hope so :hug:

good morning Lav...how are you then?did you get out into the garden at all yesterday?heres a brew Im on another now....

hiya bear good on you soundin positively ace..I was reading parts of a book that Lav liked on fb..its about Buddhism..one of the teachings is..."if you are in the shower,you should be thinking about being in the shower,not about driving to work or being in the office"..and how true is that?I certainly am one of those ..as I would suspect are you..theres nothing wrong with planning..provided its dedicated time that you have set aside for that ..and not thinking so much on the future that you cant enjoy the present..sage words..I am going to have a go at it..instead of the wee wheels whizzing round all the time!!

right folks ..big shout to those I have missed..have a good one....

heres a pic thats been released of the last dig I was on..now you can see the extent of the site dug ,and also where the skeletons are.

11017869_949504615106010_1108801214664739100_n.jpg

Headlice are now resistant to the usual medical treatments.

The problem has scientists scratching their heads.

An elderly British gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane.

At the French immigration desk, the man took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry-on bag.

"You have been to France before, Monsieur?" the Immigration officer asked, sarcastically.

The elderly gentleman admitted he had been to France previously.

"Then you should know well enough to have your passport ready."

The British gentleman says, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it."

"Impossible. The British always have to show their passports on arrival in France!"

The elderly gentleman gave the French Immigration Officer a long hard look.

Then he quietly explained:

"Well, the last time I was here, I came ashore on Juno Beach on D-Day in June 1944, and I couldn't find any fcking Frenchmen to show it to."

Chasing the American Dream does not count as exercise.

I left my car in a car park the other day, when I came back to it the bumper and rear lights were all smashed up. Then I found this note under the wiper. It said:

I just accidentally reversed into your car.
    Quite a few people saw me do it.
    They think I'm leaving my name and details.
    Well, I'm not.

Like most people my age,

I'm 59

I had amnesia once - or twice.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic.

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

If the world was a logical place, men would ride horses sidesaddle.

What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

They told me I was gullible .. and I believed them.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows
    up, he'll never be able to edge his car onto a freeway.

Two can live as cheaply as one, for half as long.

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

One nice thing about egotists: They don't talk about other people.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

A flashlight is a carrying case for dead batteries.

What was the greatest thing before sliced bread?

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.

How can there be self-help "groups"?

Is there another word for synonym?

Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"?

Is it possible to be totally partial?

Is Marx's tomb a communist plot?

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a
    man who can't get his pants off.

It's not an optical illusion. It just looks like one.

Is it my imagination, or do buffalo wings taste like chicken?
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and MAE to all to come.....

Thanks for kicking us off. Glad the sore throat is easing up a bit. Great pic...looks like you're just as busy on your jaunts as you are at home. Good luck with the herbal garden and bench. Don't take on too much. Yup another Jolliday for me. These 4 day weekends are addictive.

Det...sorry to hear you caved. Take it easy and take care of yourself, you're going to need some time to get over this last bout. I have a feeling Dx wasn't around? Don't beat yourself up and stay close so we know you're ok.

Not sure what today will bring, just being in the moment. Got a lot of chores done yesterday, feel like I really accomplished a lot. Have a Magical AF Monday all....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Impressive pic of the dig site, Mick. Thanks for posting, and glad you're feeling better.

I had to run out twice last night for unexpected puppy rescue. So grateful I could go, with no worries about driving.

Guessing you don't feel so hot this morning, Det. Saved your seat on the wagon, so jump right back in with us.

Heading out to Dad's in a bit, will check back later.

Hi Bear, Pauly, PQ, Lav, Sam, and the rest of the usual and unusual suspects.

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Monday too!

Mick, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I hate losing time being sick. I never was a good patient
        Sorry you came home empty handed yesterday. I guess it would be weird finding new treasure every single weekend, although it would be nice, ha ha.
        Yesterday ended up being cleaning day in the chicken house - OMG! The dust, cobwebs & poop were all out of control, ha ha! Everything is fresh & clean now, yay!!

Det, I am scared for you. You did more than just drink, you launched an absolute deadly assault on yourself. There has to be a reason for inflicting such self-harm. Please, please find someone to talk to & work thru your issues before it's too late. We all want to see you happy & healthy :hug:

Mick, the author you mentioned is Rick Hanson. I read his book 'Buddha's Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love and Wisdom' several years ago & return to it often. His latest book 'Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm and Confidence' is also a great read for anyone!

Hello to Sam, PQ, Pauly, NS, Pie, bear & everyone!
        Have a great AF day one & all. I am off to Curves shortly to get my day started right.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,that's a lot of digging!could use a bunny pic whenever you get a chance,I miss mine gonna start putting the Buddha thinking to use to,no reason to betthinking ahead ALL the time,Det,I'm with Lav,that was a lot of booze,it isn't just the drinking that makes me feel sad that you drank,its the amount, I don't want you hurting yourself I'm a little worried about me too,I haven't been craving but I keep wondering when its gonna go pear shaped(Mick's words) its just the cycle I've been on and I want it broken but I'm wondering if my mind is just used to it,plus I had a dream that I met one of the steppers in real life and we got drunk,eeks!! Stupid brain,alrighty enough of that bullshit! Hello Pie,PPQP,SF,NS,Bear,Sam,and Det, honey please get some rest today,much love to all,let's have at least a decent Monday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly.....wrong thinking!!!! it can only go pear shaped if you let it...you have the know how ,you have already shown us that you have got the balls to say no..so why should it go to rats?
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thought of you Mick.......

Comment

hiya - proper day of feeling miserable and beating myself up,for team not performing,finding it difficult to make decisions,having to constantly deep breathe.Just don't know what I am good at,what my skills are - what I even want to do for a job anymore.Feel stuck and miserable.
                Feel like hiding for a week or so,felt like I really relaxed at weekend and then I have ramped my stress straight back up again.I've also eaten way too much chocolate/crisps,meh - at least I'm sober.
                one day at a time

Comment

PPQ - I am actually excited about Christmas though - so thanks for that!!
                  one day at a time

Comment

Good one, PQ!

Comment

Bear...sorry you're struggling and feeling stuck and miserable today. I thought you had really relaxed over the weekend as well, which you did, but Monday brought all the stress back. "Just don't know what I am good at,what my skills are - what I even want to do for a job anymore."...boy I know that feeling! I had those same thoughts. Then I started thinking what is it I DON'T want to do....because I knew the answer to that question. While I was trying to figure out what I was going to do with my life I knew I had to do something in the interim so I called the local community centre to see if they could use a volunteer. I needed to get out of the house (and out of myself). That phone call changed my life. They offered me a job, part time program coordinator, which turned into full time office coordinator. I love getting up in the mornings now and going to work.

Maybe you could try doing some personality/career tests on the internet? I remember taking one through the government when I was looking at going back to work after my divorce. The results said I should do anything involved with the public. I thought that was crap. Up until then I had been an IT person. Spent all my time working on computers and problem solving issues. I knew I didn't want to go back to that. Too stressful and overwhelming keeping up with technology. Just my thoughts. Hope you can have a peaceful evening.....:hug:PPQP

Comment

I'm still alive. somehow. thank you all for the guidance. laying low today. have to fly to LAX tomorrow. dunno if I can make it.
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det - read what happened. Your body and mind cant keep taking this battering. Please get some help and treat booze as what it is for you (and many of us here) - poison. Wishing you strength and calm in the immediate recovery. Nuture yourself.

Comment

evening all
                            early out the door this morning and a scramble to put everything away because of storms which were intense but short lived downpours.

Det, I am sorry, but something happened, I mean that's a shit load of booze and I know you got to feel like hell.Write it down, the chain of events that led to letting the monster loose. I ditto what Lav said, we want to see you happy & healthy.

Off to do evening chores...

"a how do" to you Bear, hope you break out of that funk!,
                            Mick, that looks like a very precise hole that's being dug;
                            PQ, Santa Clause wears a red suit, must be a communist, long hair and a beard must be a pacifist!
                            Lav, I'll have to check out the books you mentioned
                            Pauly, get those thoughts onto a positive feed, you've been doing so well
                            Pie, you dog rescue? any particular ones? my brother and wife do the same, blind dog rescue.
                            TT, glad to see you!
                            NS, hope you doing are well
                            bye all
                            Sam
                            Last edited by Samstone; August 24, 2015, 05:27 PM.
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Aye Sam,positive pants are on its stupid to think that va relapse is inevitable,I refuse to sabotage myself with shit thinking,Det,hope you'll be OK, if you can't fly out tomorrow, don't,one thing that I'm amazed at is how different we are sober,just in posts,attitude, basically everything
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X