FRYDAY August 28ff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRYDAY August 28ff

Wow, this month has flown!! Hopefully I'm not starting duplicated fred. Didn't see one started yet but I seem to easily overlook these things....
    Anyway, how is everyone this AM. Out the door pretty soon. The day I was suppose to get my windshield fixed, I left my truck there in the morning was told it would be done in a couple hours, yep, never got done, so there are coming here in about 10 minutes to do the do; bets anyone??

No word from Det on yesterday's fred, hope you doing ok Det.

well out the to deal with animules before anyone arrives
    be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Marnin all..was just about to start the fred Sam!!!how are you all?well you may think ive been dossing but.....had to go and get some more stone this mornin..then clean all the cement off them....make up a mix then lay course 5 on the herb wall...job done and then the rains came!!..then just tidied up my tomato plants..hands are bright yellow off the flowers...looks like Ive been on the cigs for about a month ....yesterday was a non starter for me didnt find too much...so brew time it is Julie off work today off up to see Amy..was asked if I wanted to og...errmmm yes I want to look at curtains and things

Hiya Sam..n hows you today then?all good ..so what are you up to today then?

Hey Lav so a good day was had by all yesterday ? no kids so you got lotsa work done did you ? ..nearly time to get your Christmas orders on the go..but have a brew first....

hey bear ..hows you then 3 day weekend ...I want them too....doing good with the drink and e cigs ..good for you ...you any plans for the weekend?

hiya pie how are you doing today then?hows doggyland doing?

hiya pauly ...and how are you today then?whatcha been up to ?well more to the point whats everyone around you up to?still doing good with the no booze cruise ...so well done you...you doing anything this weekend ..?

ppqp hows you then hopefully you will get that eye sorted Monday....hows the boss doing ..did he show today then?

Hiya NS ..hope all is well with you today...

right peeps short and sweet ...and so is this post ..have a great weekend

As I staggered in from the pub last night, I was faced with the usual "you're drunk again, have you no shame?"

'Feck you' I thought, 'I don't have to take this sh.t from a table lamp'.

One day, a farmer was out mending fences and at some point along the way he lost his Bible.

A month later, one of his sheep walks up to him clutching the Bible between its teeth.

"Oh, Lord," exclaims the farmer as he drops to his knees, "Thank you Lord, it's a miracle!"

"Not really," says the sheep, "Your name's inside the cover, you daft bugger."

A man in India has managed to pick up a log weighing 251 kilos with his beard.

Beating the previous world record by a whisker.

For the last few years I've been in treatment for my lack of directional sense.

But I think I've just turned the corner.

I recently auditioned for the main part in a new musical about Cuba. I got a call back saying they want me to be the understudy. I had to turn it down. I refuse to play second Fidel.

Looks like my neighbours have just brought themselves another new motor, second one in about six months, I think? The paintwork they've chosen's a bit odd though, not sure I'd have put the word "Police" down the side of it, but each to their own I guess....

I was mortified when my dog bit a traffic warden for no reason.

He was only supposed to do that if I was being given a ticket,

David Cameron promised to get immigration down to tens of thousands.

Figures show 330,000 entered the UK this year, 30,000 up on last year.

This proves that a politician can be shit at maths as well as being shit at running the country.

My friend Max hates going up steep hills.
    He's always been a bit of an anti-climb Max.

Classes for Women
    at THE ADULT LEARNING CENTRE

REGISTRATION MUST BE COMPLETED
    By Friday October 15th 2015.

NOTE: DUE TO THE COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY LEVEL OF THEIR CONTENTS,
    CLASS SIZES WILL BE LIMITED TO 8 PARTICIPANTS MAXIMUM .

Class 1
    Up in Winter, Down in Summer - How to Adjust a Thermostat
    Step by Step, with Slide Presentation.
    Meets 4 wks, Monday and Wednesday for 2 hrs beginning at 7:00 PM..

Class 2
    Which Takes More Energy - Putting the Toilet Seat Down, or Bitching About It for 3 Hours?
    Round Table Discussion.
    Meets 2 weeks, Saturday 12:00 for 2 hours.

Class 3
    Is It Possible To Drive Past Next Without Stopping?--Group Debate.
    Meets 4 weeks, Saturday 10:00 PM for 2 hours.

Class 4
    Fundamental Differences Between a Handbag and a Suitcase--Pictures and Explanatory Graphics.
    Meets Saturdays at 2:00 PM for 3 weeks.

Class 5
    How to Ask Questions During Commercials and Be Quiet During theFootball
    Help Line Support and Support Groups.
    Meets 4 Weeks, Friday and Sunday 7:00 PM

Class 6
    Can a Bath Be Taken Without 14 Different Kinds of Soaps and Shampoos?
    Open Forum .
    Monday at 8:00 PM, 2 hours.

Class 7
    I Was Wrong and He Was Right!--Real Life Testimonials.
    Tuesdays at 6:00 PM Location to be determined.

Class 8
    How to Parallel Park In Less Than 20 Minutes Without an Insurance Claim.
    Driving Simulations.
    4 weeks, Saturday's noon, 2 hours.

Class 9
    Learning to Live--How to Apply Brakes Without Throwing Passengers Through the Windscreen .
    Tuesdays at 7:00 PM, location to be determined

Class 10
    How to Shop by Yourself.
    Meets 4 wks, Tuesday and Thursday for 2 hours beginning at 7:00 PM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Thanks for the start up, Sam. Sounds convenient to have your windshield repaired at your place. Well, except for the part about having to leave your truck with them for hours yesterday.

Yo, Mick. Could it be your tin foil hat is doing its job? Haven't heard you report computer problems lately. I wonder what the Adult Learning Center's classes for men look like? Hmm...

Easy day for me. Just one dog commitment planned. AV has been quiet lately which I greatly appreciate.

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday

Sunny & cool here ~ nice!

Hey there Sam & Mick.
        I hope the windshield replacement goes OK Sam!
        We have had to get at least 3 windshields replaced since moving down this way. The county does this weird thing of oiling the roads then laying gravel on top & the traffic is supposed to pack it down. Problem is the pickup trucks kick up all the loose gravel & send it flying right into your face/windshield. It's also rough on your car's paint job
        Why don't they just spend the money to pave the roads properly??

Mick, you still have flowers on your tomato plants? Our tomatoes looks like hell at this point & will probably be tilled in this weekend, ha ha. Sounds like you are making progress on your herb garden.

Hi there Pie! Glad you are enjoying happy thoughts

I just agreed to keep my oldest grandson this weekend. This is his last weekend before he starts 1st grade & he is absolutely no problem to have around. His troublesome younger brother is going away somewhere with the other grandparents, LOL

Greetings to all. Have a great AF day everyone. I'll check in later to see what everyone's up to!!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Pie, I think they combine the Adult Men's Classes with the Dog Training 101:
          Class 1: Sit and Stay
          Class 2: Goooood Boy!
          Takes about 10 minutes.
          :haha:
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,think I need class 8 still can't parallel park,never could,usually just drive around the block,or park far away I feel like people think I'm negative, I'm not really, usually just commenting on what's going on, I've always just said whatevs is on my mind,I think its gotten worse with sobriety cuz when I drank,I'd be careful about what I said cuz I didn't want to seem drunk,now I just tell it like it is but I'm not sure that I want to seem like a bitch,for instance my coworker is from Honduras and she recently dyed her hair a very light color that doesn't go with her skin tone,looks dry,etc,everyone at work is telling her it looks good,they're lying,its ugly and i told her I like it better dark,besides I know these girls,they say you look cute to your face then go out back to smoke and talk about how ridiculous they think you really look,at least I'm honest,oh well I guess I gotta filter my big mouth,no rain as they predicted lying weathermen!think me and Louie will BBQ some hot dogs later,I'll defo buy the instant light charcoal cuz its so much easier, have fun with your grandson over the weekend Lav,it will be fun when Louie's out of his crazy years to have him stay the weekend, right now he is just too active for that,however I do take the time to be present for his constant running around and furniture jumping cuz looking back on his baby pics,I realized I wasn't drinking it all in,enjoying that time,so now I try to,glad the window is getting fixed Sam,Pie,enjoy your easy day,good to see Byrdie fly in as always hello to all,let's have a nice Fryday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
              Pie, I think they combine the Adult Men's Classes with the Dog Training 101:
              Class 1: Sit and Stay
              Class 2: Goooood Boy!
              Takes about 10 minutes.
              :haha:
              ha...you missed out fetch and carry!!!! and also how to answer tactically and injury free "which one looks better on me?" and does my bum look big in this?
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

pauly ...you stay as you are!!! as far as the hair style goes you shulda said that her hair was lovely..but wot had she done to her body????:yay:

Comment

Mick - you have a death wish!!
                  Worked at home today,caught up on some stuff - ridiculous behaviour of employee continues,will deal with that next week.
                  Got some work done - planned induction for new person,finished a report and drafted a HR letter. I am feeling good without the booze,craving cigs and nearly bought some but hung onto e cig and realised I don't want to stay hooked,longer I smoke,worse it gets,been 4 days now so is physically out of my system in theory.

Tonight off with friends i used to booze with to pub - -for yummy food though not booze - foody pub.not a boozy one so more like a restaurant I have been sober with them before,have early night as got to be at hairdressers early,that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.Car at garage and think am being fleeced with warranty,ffs.
                  anyway don't want to drink,had great massage last night -said ihave shoulders of a very very stressed person tho i seem calm on surface - said i am a very very stressed person who is good actress!!Tlalked about mediitation and how i had started it,and she talked about ' letting life live through you but not letting bad feelings,emotions stay,but feeling them i nthe present moment.she also recommended a different type of aromatherapy treatment next time.we shall see,trying to not hold onto bad stuff right now - realise i panic when i feel bad,and try and avoid,which increases intensity - trying to let myself feel it and not panic,that way hopefully it will pass through quicker.Not sure HOW I do this - but lets see - resonated with some stuff SF and Lav were saying.
                  love to everyone - Det hope you're hanging on in there.
                  one day at a time

Comment

Just got hit with a sad/anxious brain foggy feeling after my exercise, shoulda ate first,this creepy mood has been a downfall before, grrrrrrr,always think I'd rather drink than feel like that,wtf would drinking help? Nothing!!!!sickness is all it would bring,sadness, brokeness,stupidness,I'm fine,just annoyed by this and wish I had never drank,wish I had a screwed on straight head,bloody hell,sometimes this is hard,most of the time its easy

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

*wish I had never drank ever,I haven't drank now,I won't,I might go buy something to make me happy though Det,please at least drop in

Comment

Pauly...you can do it..you went thru a weekend with your famly on the booze and you never gave in...you have felt crap before and not touched the hooch...and molls is right...it does get easier...and the thoughts are less often..drinking is no solution..you can do it..big hugs and support...from your friends here on mwo :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Comment

Thank you Molly and Mick,I think its just been a long week, Molly,that's what I was thinking while I was walking through the store"Jesus,I'm never gonna fucking feel better,its always something" but that's not true cuz there are WONDERFUL days,its just hard to remember that in the middle of the shit mood,I'm just irritated cuz I'm practicing self care, I'm exercising more than before,taking supps,self hypnosis, this just took me off guard for a sec,but I'm glad I posted what I was feeling instead of going off the rails on a crazy train(thanks Ozzy) and thank you guys again

Comment

Hey Pauly - keeping your thoughts positive goes a long way!
                            Everytime you find yourself going negative just stop what you're doing & do something else. The art of distraction is a wonderful tool. Remember that we DO NOT have to believe every stupid thought that enters our heads. You take charge of what comes & goes in your head!!! This worked for me & for so many others here at MWO
                            Believe in yourself & keep your goals forefront in your thoughts. We believe in you!

Peace to all tonight!
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                            X