Intense Light Pulse Therapy??? Anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, well I am on my 'campaign for health'!!! Sort of, now that booze is out of the way, time to get to the rest........very slowly but surely!!! I don't know if this is the right place to post,but here goes.

As drinkers, and some of us may be of Euro. decent, I am wondering if anyone has suffered Tetra??????, whatever, those little red veins on face (mine are on my cheeks). It may be rosacea, but it has definately worsened with alcohol, caffeine and tobacco. I have been doing research, and there are quite a number of skin clinics here that offer IPL therapy. Apparently this will reduce the appearance of the veins.

Has anyone ever tried this therapy? How did it work for you? Is it worth investing in? There is another one called Vbeam - but for quite a lot more $$$$.

Anything suggestions would be greatly appreciated....now that I'm beginning to eat right, no booze, wil start to exercise, etc....I want my old skin back!!!!!!! What are you all doin to help turn back that boozy skin clock?

Looking forward to hearing from you
    4ever

Sorry 4ever, I don't know anything about it, but thought this recent post from the medications forum might be of interest to you. (The topic was Antabuse, a medication rarely prescribed that if you take it, it makes you terribly sick to drink even a little alcohol).

Here's the post:

Hello!

I am on my 4th day AF. I recently went to my Dr. for my physical. I did not want to approach the drinking issue just yet, but I did bring up the fact that when I went for a facial recently, the person said that I was in the beginning stages of Roseaca. (probably do to drinking!)

My Dr. prescribed a topical called Metrogel. When I went to fill it at the pharmacy, I was informed that in no way shape or form was I to drink on this med as it was similar to Antabuse and would cause a violent reaction. Even though it is topical and a small amount, it still can be absorbed into the bloodstream like an oral med.

So... I feel this will help me, because I'm taking it for one reason, but getting the benefit of two.

Just thought I would share the info for those who are interested.

Azcrazy
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hey Beatle,

Thanks for the suggestion. And thanks for the name of the med. There is no way I would ever take Antabuse. Although I am doing well, 12AF days now woohoo!! I would never want to be on a drug that would cause violent reactions to alcohol, just in case. I learned about Antabuse years back, and maybe because it was part of my study program (Uni, psychology, specialized in addictions - go figure!! ) it just scared the heck out of me. I am glad you posted that because if ever prescribed the pharmacists here would never be able to relay that information. I don't know how you find it, but you are always packed so full of great info. Thanks again!!
      Hope all is well, take care,
      4ever

Comment

ok let us know if you get any more info.

re: Antabuse. I have been on other websites and the general impression I get is the people on Antabuse are very satisfied and have an extremely high rate of sticking to sobriety. Most people indicate the scare stories about reactions to alcohol are exaggerated or, in the case of many, they take a reduced dose so that any reaction would be moderate rather than severe. Some people even claim to "abuse" Antabuse by taking it in the week and then stopping for the weekend so they can drink. I didn't think that would work since it's supposed to build up in your system and take at least a week to wear off but everyone's body is a unique chemical reactor with different rates of metabolism.

Anyway, I feel like Antabuse would be good for me even though I'm now in week 4 (day 25) of total abs without medication (except ativan in first few days and sleeping pills during the first 2 weeks). Problem is, the summer is almost here and with that comes the high party season, at least where I live (in Northern Europe) and I'm not sure I can keep this up without medication help. I really want to stay AF (not moderate because I know from exeperience I can't do that, at least not now) and am worried that I won't be able to do that with sheer willpower or even with one of the other meds like topo or campral. I think it would be great to know that I just CAN'T drink. No if ands or buts about it. Then I wouldn't even have to think about it. I already avoid alcohol in cosmetics and in food, so I'm not worried about that. Well, that was way way TMI, I know.

hey, congrats on 12 days. Don't congrat me yet as this is about my 10th time at 3 weeks, but have always cracked around here. I'll be ready for a pat on the back if -- no WHEN --I've made it through the summer AF.
        Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
        X