Friday 4thofseptember

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday 4thofseptember

mornin all ...and how are we today as the days come crashing past towards Chrimbo ?see ....cheered you up already!!!ho fkn ho!well here it is da weekend again ..and so what plans have we got then?lets seee shall we?

but firstly ...a cuppa java all round.....

mornin ppqp...and your weekend..you will be???so your ex bought a house and a church? and the church is for playing poker?that wont increase his chances of gettin a seat with the big fella up the stairs!!so you had a good day yesterday? great......take it easy ...

mornin Lav how are you ?little monster free today?mornin brew here for you....its 6.30 am and watching the calves prancing about like idiots in the back field...3 days the off to Tenerife..for a rest!!bought 2 new pair of training shoes yesterday.....shoulda been £134...got them for 61.....and no I didnt nick a pair!!!the garden has definitely got autumn written all over it now...get my overwintering done when I get back

hiya Sam hows you today my friend?all good ?hows the bike going ?havent heard bout that for a while

hiya NS...how are you ?any plans for the weekend?as long as you are ok thatss the main thing

hiya pauly..the chicken on the pizza was supposed to be chargrilled ...not charcoaled!!how are you feeling today...?have a great hair day

hiya pie...and what are you up to?anyfing exciting?hope you are well.....

hey Det ...glad you are on the mend friend .......look at that ...sheer poetry!! now see what Ive started in my tiny little brain

Glad you are on the mend,
    Nice to see you my friend
    what happened.no it wasnt the end
    just the af road had a bit of a bend

ok add your own lines now folks....

hiya bear...hows you today then ?poets day?I know you say you aint counting ...but subconsciously you will be ...and rightly so ..you should be proud of your achievement..over quarter of a year without booze ...well done you....

righty ho folks time to go so a big seeyawl to yizall..and a big hi to all our backroom readers......Mr G et al....have a bonzer buddy!!

I phoned my boss this morning and told him I've been having violent bowel movements.

It's my day off, but I still like to keep him informed.

A sheep in Australia has broken the world record with 40kg's of wool being shorn off in one go.

It's the biggest fleece since banks introduced the $2 ATM withdrawal fee.

My mate was telling me he had found his 'Forever woman'.

"I found mine years ago, " I said, "forever moaning, forever eating, forever nagging.......

My girlfriend and I visited Madame Tussauds the other day.

"Wow, this one looks so realistic," she said, grabbing at his crotch.

"Can you take your hands off me and move away please," said the security guard.

My son came home today with a note off his teacher.

They don't teach that in schools... pickpocketing.

Don't steal hearing aids.

You'll get the deaf penalty.

Ten boxers were standing in a row.

Is that a punchline. ?

I was at my bank today; there was a short line.
    There was just one lady in front of me, an Asian lady who was trying to exchange yen for pounds.
    It was obvious she was very irritated ...
    She asked the teller, "Why it change? Yesterday, I get two hunat poun fo yen.
    Today I only get hunat eighty? Why it change?"
    The teller shrugged his shoulders and said,
    "Fluctuations."
    The Asian lady says, "Fluc you white people to.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Thanks Mick,yeah I'm doing a rough count,have put 3 month landmarks as reminders in phone.

Woke at 3 with snoring then panic panic panic about work - no call today so she is either in(so i need to have difficult chat and have tonnes of other stuff to do)or awol again.
    Need to do meditation in a bit and either skate or swim tonight with my friend to chill out.

Thank feck for no booze is all I keep thinking, trying to focus on the moment and just breathe.
    It's just today and I don't have to do it all today - repeat to fade.
    one day at a time

Comment

morning all!!
      The Labor day weekend is upon us. Time for lots of traffic on the road. Hope to go by a few farms today. Went by a dairy farm the other day that had a robotic milker. I watched it work. The cows go in at their leisure, stand there while being fed, the machine washes them and then attaches to them and milks them. My grandpop and great grandpop would be amazed. (they both had dairy farms)

Mick, amazing to find coins that old and in such good shape. You asked about the bikes, sold one and maybe going to sell the other. I been looking at some newer bikes, 1985-1990's. Feels almost like I'm cheating on my wife; I've had my R100 since 1986 and it is getting to the point that it needing some major work.

Bear, well done on 3 months!!! The moment is all we have. Enjoy each one to its fullest!!

Lav, the chickens are definitely on strike, yesterday's egg gathering was pitiful. And we've had no rain, I see it all around us but never hits here. Gardens are wilting. Hopefully the pattern will break.

a how do to you Pauly (hope the allergies are better), PQ (anchovies on that pizza???) NS, Pie, Det,

off to it friends
      Sam
      Last edited by Samstone; September 4, 2015, 04:04 PM.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning All,

Hair and makeup done, lunch packed, searching for assignment. Will check back later.

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the kickstart. I just want you to take notice that every time you mention Chrimbo we get snow in the weather forecast so knock it off. LOL We're only at 38F...looks like we'll be putting the garden to bed early this year. Long weekend here too. No plans except doing what I feel like doing and definitely no work related tasks.

Bear...congrats as well on 3 months. That was a biggie for me! Had to do it twice to get it right though. Sending Positive P's :wings: PPP :wings: for your day. Keep up that great attitude.

Sam....:shakingno: anchovies. I'm a basic meat & potatoes gal. My niece and her husband have an automated milker on their dairy farm. It's pretty slick. Enjoy your day whatever you get up to.

Had a last minute booking for a wedding tomorrow. Their venue cancelled on them (double booking). That's got to be so stressful. May not get the afternoon off depending on how organized they can get but after that the "boss" can deal with anything that comes up....I'm not answering my phone this weekend. Have a Fab Friday all and all to come.....:smile:PPQP

Xpost Pi...good luck with the search.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick the wax museum joke was great haha,there's one here but I've never gone,probably costs a fortune like everything else on the strip,Bear,congrats on 3 months seems like quitting roller derby helped a bit,do you think? Or maybe the other changes you've made are key,PPQP,that's COLD!! Its supposed to be 97 here today,when we get into the 80's I'll need a sweater haha,I hate anchovies too Sam,I'm like PQ,just the basics hi Lav,Det,Pie,let's all have a great Friday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Greetings Abbers,

Just poking my head in to say HELLO!
              The boys are here & the girls are on the way - dear God, help me

bear, CONGRATS on your blessed 3 months AF!
              Just wash & repeat!!!

Mick, do you have room in your suitcase for me? I'm fairly flexible, LOL
              I hope you have a great time & get a lot of use out of your new shoes

Sam, pitiful is the word for eggs these past few weeks. I really wish some cooler weather would get here & soe rain too!!!!

Pie, did you get an assignment?
              I would hate to waste the hair & makeup time.

PQ, a last minute wedding location change? That's got to be upsetting, for sure. Hope it all works out for the best!

Pauly, it hit 96 here yesterday & I thought of you!!

OK, back to the minions!
              Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

thanks everyone - I think quitting derby helped freeing up time - decluttering,meditation,aromatherapy and chilling!
                off to swim with friend now xx
                one day at a time

Comment

Great day at work with journalism students, so Lav, happy to report my mascara did not go to waste.

Mick, have you been to Tenerife before? Seems a very interesting island from what I read on Wikipedia.

No kidding, Sam, robotic milkers? Hard to picture, though apparently PQ's seen them.

Pauly, we'll have plenty of high temps for awhile yet here too. Enjoy your swim, Bear.

I'm picking up a rescue dog in the morning to keep here for about 10 days while his regular foster family goes on vacation. There's also an adoption event tomorrow that I may be able to bring him to, to get him a little exposure.

Det, what are you up to this labor day? Any interesting menu items?

Comment

Working...
                  X