X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday September 11

Remembering all the souls lost 14 years ago today, RIP

Good morning Abbers!

Looks like yesterday's big rain broke the heat wave, thank goodness. We're looking at a high of just 79 degrees today, yay.
    I'm off to Curves now, will check in later. Have a great AF Friday everyone!

Lav
    Last edited by Lavande; September 11, 2015, 08:11 PM.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Thanks for starting the thread, Lav. I thought I had somehow missed it. Bear and Mick must be busy or sleeping in really late!

It is hard to even say or type today's date, isn't it? But it's good that it is impossible to forget what happened.

It is almost chilly here now so I bet cool weather is headed your way.

How are you doing, Pie? I've been thinking of you. xx, NS

Comment

Thanks for kicking us off, Lav.

I appreciate the acknowledgment and feedback on the struggles I posted about yesterday. Evening unease is something I frequently experienced long before alcohol came into the picture. At least now I have a shot at dealing with it in a way that isn't destructive. I gave serious consideration to drinking to escape, but the cost is just too high. I choose not to go back down that hole again. My gratitude for every post here at MWO that has helped me smarten up about alcohol, runs deep. Thank you. :hug:

Comment

Mae everybody, going to the doctor at 11 this morning have her take a peek at my ears,it'll just be the same old script for flonase,claritin and afrin anyways but whatevs, very nice bike Sam!hubs wants another bike,someday,its not to safe to ride in Vegas,too many blind crazies on the road,anybody got any jokes? Mine are all inappropriate haha,hello to all,I hope we all have a nice Friday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

X-post Pie,please don't even let your thoughts go there,you've come waaay too far to go back to the hellhole,glad you sorted it out!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey Pie, keep on keeping on,not sure I have any words of wisdom for you,but bit by bit life seems to bounce back from shitty times quicker without booze in my life.

Worked at home today and did gym class in my lunch break,really helped with my mood.Few moments of being shaky,chest pain in response to team member hassles BUT I've handled them for now and they can wait until next week.

Off for a bath in a bit,then to buy cigs(temporary shit solution but for now is fine) then curry and chilled out evening.Having drinking thoughts, but won't help, everything that is good that I have achieved would be threatened.My snippets of peace,becoming more mindful, weight loss,regular exercise,cleaner tidier house etc etc.

Have a great Friday everyone.
            one day at a time

Comment

quick check in
              I've not been able to get on for sometime. I enjoyed reading all the post but don't have time to respond. I think of you all and how everyone is doing throughout the day and it is always good to read positive things. Off to a fiddle fest so I'll be out the weekend. Hope the internet sees fit in the future to let me on.
              be well everyone
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                X-post Pie,please don't even let your thoughts go there,you've come waaay too far to go back to the hellhole,glad you sorted it out!
                You've come too far, too, Pauly. Please dump out what you bought. Don't let a stupid chemical bring you down and control your life any more.

Comment

Hiya folks finally got in. This Internet is a crock .went to Loro Parque today..It's fantastic. .very similar if not as good as florida ..This thread is here because of you people helping others as well as yourselves. .remember that when you want the urge to drink big hug to you all
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

MAE ALL....

Lav....thanks for starting us off this morning. I was way too rushed to do it. Good to hear about the break in the heatwave, maybe you can enjoy your weekend better. Boss shut the office down at 1pm so early start to the weekend. :yay:

NS...good to see you. Yes, I don't think I'll ever forget 9/11.

Pi...you are most welcome and it works both ways. I am always glad when someone posts about drinking before doing anything about it. Puts a smile on my face to see they can actually choose to control how to react. Did you get any job opportunities this week?

Pauly...how'd it go at the Doc's? Same old? I'm a little confused with NS's comment to you. Did you buy booze or is she talking about the sinus meds?

Bear...I found the bounce back was quicker as well. Good job on handling the response and staying in the now. Strange I haven't got to the cleaner tidier house stage yet. LOL

Sam...enjoy fiddle fest, hope you don't get rained on.

Mick...sounds like you're enjoying yourself. All we want to know is did you remember your hat? Here's a much overdue pic of the garden....

Not a great angle but at least you can see the new Coolaroo Seating Area.

Det...thinking of you. You must almost be heading back by now.

Decided to treat myself so off to attempt to make escargot stuffed mushroom caps. The only non meat & potato dish I like. Will check back later.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Sounds like an ambitious and wonderful dish, PQ! Community garden looks bountiful. Does the Coolaroo fabric stay up during the winter? And yes, I had a potpourri work assignment today: Junior ROTC, English, then Algebra.

Comment

Ambitious and wonderful dish was excellent! And your multitude of abilities continue to astound me Pi....No the Coolaroo will have to come down over the winter, we get way too much snow here. Enjoy your evening.

Comment

I'm just f-ed!! I'm out,over and done,can't fix someone who won't fix themselves, tired situation

Comment

Aw Pauly :hug: take a deep breath. You are not f-ed, just going through some shit right now and not dealing with it well. I'm not sure what happened but it sounds like the voice got to you. Don't give up on yourself because we are NOT giving up on you. Want to talk about it. Post here or PM me if you want. Hang in there...PPQP

Comment

Oh no - not escargot PQ!!!!!
                              I have never had the desire or the nerve to try it myself. You are a brave one
                              Thanks for the pic - garden kooks great! So what do those folks do in the seating area? Gamble, play cards? Hanky panky or what??

Pie, so glad you are feeling better today.
                              Those low times come & they go. As long as we recognize them & don't act on them in destructive, self-harming ways we will be OK :hug:

bear, I hope your weekend is relaxing - forget the work crap, OK?

Pauly, how did the doc visit go?

Hi there NS, Sam the fiddler & the guy in the blonde wig (Mick)

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                              X