thurs 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thurs 24

mornin folks how r we all today then?just got back from the airport after takig the outlaws...so thought I would crack on with the fred...pouring with rain today so far...mind you it is only 5.45 and pitch black..so time for an early brew...anyone else up for one?

as I said out detecting yesterday..no pot of gold ..but couple of decent coins..here is one of them ..its a groat of Henry 8th minted in London between 1509-26..

20150923_191341.jpg

Hiya pie...well done on the assignment..especially them not crying..have you got any more lined up or is it just as they come along?

hiya pauly hows you today then did you sleep any better i'm yawnin like a good un here!more coffeee!

hiya bear ..your fred ..."sitting with cat and coffee..."is that cat or khat? you certainly seem to be getting it together now...good for you?anything planned for weekend?

hiya ppqp...glad you are feeling better today.best of luck for the 30th too..well did the mis per turn up today to assume command?

hiya Lav hows you today?kidwatching on the cards for today?heres a brew Im on 2nd now...think today might be a bit of a doss day for moi..we shall see

not many on here...sneerly the weekend folks .....let's see who is doing the maddest things......any starters?

bye bye

12039331_10153250562323823_7403663988572912840_n.jpg

Thanks to Volkswagen, I'm now even starting to doubt if Herbie was a true story.

The Scots have 421 words for snow.

But none for "qualifying rounds of football" OR "it's my turn to pay"

BBC News: Baseball legend Yogi Berra dies at 90

He is to be buried in a pic-a-nic basket in Jellystone

I think my wife may be bipolar.

She said, "I love my new vacuum cleaner, it sucks."

What's the difference between a dung beetle and a Volkswagen Beetle?

The dung beetle has less harmful emissions.

I showed my wife tonight that I'm not the boring guy she says I've become.

I insisted we watch the live Coronation Street episode on ITV+1.

I decided to go for a swim at my local pool the other day. while i was there i despratley needed a pee, so i thought sod it i will just have one in the pool like everyone else does.so i took my willy out my shorts and began to relive myself the bloody pool attendant blew his whistle so hard i nearly fcking fell in

Here are some maintenance complaints submitted by pilots and the replies from the maintenance crews. They are problem listings that pilots generally leave for maintenance crews to fix before the next flight.

(P)=Problem, (S)=Solution

(P) Left inside main tyre almost needs replacement
    (S) Almost replaced left inside main tyre

(P) Test flight OK, except autoland very rough
    (S) Autoland not installed on this aircraft

(P) (S) (P) Something loose in cockpit
    (S) Something tightened in cockpit

(P) Evidence of leak on right main landing gear
    (S) Evidence removed

(P) DME volume unbelievably loud
    (S) Volume set to more believable level

(P) Dead bugs on windshield
    (S) Live bugs on order.

(P) Autopilot in altitude hold mode produces a 200 fpm descent
    (S) Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

(P) IFF inoperative
    (S) IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

(P) Friction lock cause throttle levers to stick
    (S) That's what they're there for.

(P) Number three engine missing
    (S) Engine found on right wing after brief search.

(P) Aircraft handles funny
    (S) Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

(P) Weather Radar hums
    (S) Reprogramed Weather Radar with the lyrics.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

haha,yep the furry variety.

I'm not sure if it's the meditation,breathing,soberness or all of it,whatever it is long may it continue.
    I think I'm starting to understand that feelings pass,and I can just watch my thoughts (not all the time).

Off to London for a course today,working at home tomorrow,feeling bit jittery today - just breathing I know it will pass.There's a phrase in one of CDs ' breath is always available to you as place of inner peace' it also talks about being calm in inner world, not being dependent on outside events and things (substances?) to change how you feel.Well that's my previous 42 years on the planet summed up right there then !!
    Have a good day everyone.
    one day at a time

Comment

Morning all
      Off to a turkey farm this morning, yesterday was alpacas. Strange looking animals, looks like aliens that had invaded!

Thanks for the brew, Mick. Your coin is really a piece history. You must really have quite the collection.

Morning Bear, you are sounding so much more at ease, have a good trip to the city

Off to it. Still using the ipad to log on, seems to be a large version of an iphone

Be well all
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick...thanks for the startup. Nice find. I know you display your treasures but do you know if they're worth anything? As I recall I saw the boss for about an hour yesterday. Just long enough for him to tell me he couldn't take his 1pm meeting and could I cover for him. Geeze! So treated myself to playing bridge with the girls afterwards. LOL

Bear...totally agree with Mick, you've come a long way.

Lav...don't believe there's a history of RA in the families. Of course those that would know have passed away. Other than feeling like I was born with a stiff neck and pain in my right hand from endless hours of mouse clicking, I'm not sure what the symptoms are. When I google RA there's a lot that doesn't apply to me. We shall see.

Expecting a quiet day at work, may even tackle some filing. Have a great day all.....:smile:PPQP

Xpost...morning Sam, enjoy the farm.

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Mick, if I needed a ride to the airport at 4 am would you take me? Ha ha!! You are way too nice to your in-laws!
          No kid watching scheduled today but that doesn't mean much. Things have a way of changing where they are concerned. Now that they are back in school I have a lot more time to myself

bear, turning your attention to your breathing is a great way to get your anxiety under control. Three long, slow deep breaths is all it takes to center yourself. You can do it anytime, anywhere & no one has to know Hope you enjoy your day!

Sam, quite a few people around here have alpacas & they are goofy looking, ha ha! I guess the turkeys are getting pretty nervous this time of year. Hope your day goes well!

PQ, one of the common symptoms is of RA is bilateral joint inflammation & swelling. It's a very painful & eventually disfiguring condition if not controlled. Bloodwork shows a positive Rheumatoid Factor. I really hope you do not have RA but there are much better medicines around now that my Mom did not have back in the early 80's. A close friend of mine has RA, she is still working & doing OK. Hope you have an easy day!

Greetings to Pie, Pauly, NS, Det, SF & everyone!
          Have a wonderful AF day one & all.

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav,I'm sure Mick would give any of us a ride at 4 a.m,he's just a giving,kind person nice finds Mick had a ton of coffee,still groggy as hell!! Sam,I think Alpacas are cute,my daughters boyfriend had an alpaca burger up in Oregon and I was sad cuz they're too cute to eat,but there fur does make some soft blankets,PPQP,hope you're feeling ok,dunno if its RA or not but pain blows! Kellie has degenerative disc disease and arthritis in her back and she's 23, I think I've mentioned it before,now she's going to physical therapy and on some muscle relaxer, shes scared of how bad it will get,doctors say she'sso young to have it and needs to take better care of hherself, Pie, 9 year olds are fun at least,Bear,sounding good there's been talk about the the site being un-manned and hard to find in a search,what do you guys think is up? Hello to all,let's have a great Thursday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone - my member of staff has handed notice in today,I'm shocked but happy for her - and me!Tho in spirit of clouds and silver linings - it's made me look at managing my stress levels more effectively!
              Tired and getting headache but will sleep well,had massive celebratory sushi takeaway to celebrate - followed by chocolate.
              Have a great evening all.
              one day at a time

Comment

Lav...I actually did have a quiet day and got a lot accomplished. I'm not going to stress over RA, no family history, and we'll just see what happens. Did you remain kid watch free today?

Pauly...yes I remember Kellie's struggles. It's funny but I don't search for MWO so have no idea if it's hard to find or not. LOL

Bear...wow, who would have guessed! Good job on the celebrating.

Wishing all a peaceful, restful evening....:smile:PPQP

Comment

PPQP,I think they said there hasn't been new members in awhile, I don'tkknow how to keep track of that stuff anyways, I can barely keep track of me Hahahaha!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

And that's the reason I stick to this thread. LOL
                    You know if you scroll to the bottom of the HOME page you can see the member count.
                    It is definitely less than before the software change. I think they lost a lot of people.
                    I know the active members was 3 x's what it is now.
                    Have a good night.

Comment

Working...
                    X