mon 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mon 28th

mornin folks ..well did we all sdee the eclipse and the orange moon?yep we did..well at least I saw the orange moon..never saw the eclipse..Julie was looking and her marks out of 10 were about 3..so I didnt exactly jump out to see it...first frost this morning...supposed to be a nice week tho fingers crossed ..tried to save some of my cabbages that hd been chewed up by butterflies..made an extra high cloche..(joined 2 sheets of plastic together)going to plant spring cabbage today too..rabbits are running about like loonies,but apart from that alls well in my world..seems to be all good in here too....glad to see you again Det ..you know its so easy to tell when you are off on one ..you just go missing!!at the end of the day buddy ..its down to you what you do with your life n health..all we can do is support you..big brews all round folks..the fields we were supposed to be on yesterday had been deep ploughed so got to phone the farmer this week ...they will be rolled and seeded..and then no chance once the crops arre in tho there is a days window between rolling and seeding so might be there tomorrow...big shout to you all..and now the jokes..

Every now and then I like to learn a new swear word.

So I park in front of my neighbour's driveway.

There is a 60% chance of you not seeing the upcoming lunar eclipse, due to poor weather conditions.

Or if you're me, there's a 100% chance, due to you not giving a flying fck.

I went to bed last night thinking I was Peter Noone from Herman's Hermits.

Woke up this morning feeling fine.

Jeremy Kyle's wife has been having an affair.

It must have been so easy for her, knowing where her husband was at 9:30 am every morning.

I'm going on a blind date tonight and I've got those nagging questions going round my head.

Is she going to find me attractive?
    Will we hit it off?
    And if all else fails, would she recognise me in a police lineup?

"Dear, I think Junior needs an encyclopedia."

"No. Let him walk to school like I used to!"

Disaster today at the Los Angeles Zoo when the snake pit was accidentally filled in.

Said the Zoo Director, "It's terrible, terrible news, now the snakes don't have a pit to hiss in."

A man with only one finger has nearly reached the top of Everest.

I offered him my help, but ... well, you can imagine his response.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    Mick, thanks for the brew, like the zoo joke! First frost, eh? Time to get the sleigh bells polished.

rainy morning here, furnace guy got most of the inside stuff done. The old oil furnace will act as a back up. We have a hot water system with radiators. The big trick will be getting all the wood here soon. Got plenty around, just need to "harvest".

Det, keep checking in.

off to make the daily rounds and check on the animals. Pigs are getting some size to them. off to it. be well
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Good coffee this morning Mick, thanks
      OK, so I saw the huge, extremely bright moon last night but it wasn't red. I saw the eclipse before the clouds moved in but it just wasn't as spectacular as we were led to believe.

Frost already Mick? Geez, we're not even close! I hope the cabbage is OK.

Sam, rain will be here at some point today or tomorrow. We sure do need it too!
      Good luck with the firewood collection, ugh.

No kid watching on my plan today, so far anyway. So I'll get myself to Curves then see what happens.
      Greetings to everyone, have a great AF Monday one & all!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning All, Rainy and a touch of coolness in the air. Will be off to Dad's soon as I left my phone there yesterday. Might as well get a haircut while I'm out that way. Saw an ad for a new TV series called, Booze Traveler, or something like that. Imagine if we put our heads together we could write a few episodes, eh?

Comment

MAE ALL....

Mick....thanks for starting us off this morning. Didn't bother to check out the moon last night as I knew I'd be inundated with pic's on the news this morning. Hope you get your chance in the field between rolling and seeding. You are so organized, getting your spring crop in already.

Sam...looks like you have a busy time ahead with harvesting that wood. A lot of the farms around here also use the hot water radiator system.

Lav...frost here too and rumor has it snow for Saturday. Sure have noticed a change in the weather patterns here.

Managed to pull off an 8 hour restful sleep last night. What a difference to the day. Wishing everyone a positive and productive day.....:smile:PPQP

XPost...morning Pi. I'm also working on a movie "My life living with a Manic Depressive". Think we have a couple of hits on our hands.

Comment

Ha! You go, PQ!

Comment

Mae everybody, I didn't see the moon,in fact I didn't see ANY moon,too much cloud cover or dirty Vegas air I've been having anxiety lately and its freaking me out! I don't know what is causing it,there's nothing stressing me out,I dunno what to do about it, I swear I feel like there's always some shit going on with me,allergies get better,have headaches,headaches go away,have anxiety, give me a break,I'm too young to feel this damn old!grrrr,maybe I just have Mondayitis, hope everyone has a nice day
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone, back from work early as had enough shit tbh, just build up of frustration over last couple of years,feels like now 'she' has handed notice in I ran out of patience to deal with BS.
                I'm on countdown to my 2 weeks off now - 3 weeks at work, 9 physical days in the office with' she who shall not be named'.

Spoke to work counselling line and plan is I am taking it one day,one step at a time.
                I cancelled spin tonight as I'm just not up for something that full on. Plan to do walk run in park for 30 mins instead,need to do something,but a lot less intense than a spin class.

Other than that grateful to be sober.

Det - sorry you're feeling shit,what do you think you could do differently next time to avoid the trigger?Don't give up giving up,you sound a bit despondant and I know when I felt that way it
                made it a lot harder,don't buy into the ' I've failed so I'll keep on failing' BS like I did.
                Each day is a new start,and each quit we can learn from what happened and what we can do differently.You can do this - you have had major sober time before.

Lazy evening,friend in decorating bedroom again,should be done by end next weekend,can't wait to move in,bit of paint,move round and new curtains will make all the difference. Bedroom furniture is over 10 years old and all about £45 per item from IKEA - still going strong!!
                Have a happy monday evening everyone.
                one day at a time

Comment

Greetings ABsters! despite being in yet another hotel room tonight I'm having a much better time. Worked at the hospitality suite for 6 hours straight and nary a craving which is a huge and welcome change.

Pauly, hows your diet lately? you're right, no reason to be feeling yuck so much.

thanks so much for the support everyone and be well.
                  zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X