sattiday the 2th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sattiday the 2th

mornin all..and hows things today then ?all good?yep Lav got it bang on ...was out detecting yesterday...the grand total wasnt so bad tho..I was expecting more from the site I went to...found 9 Roman bronze coins,all pretty wasted ,but one which is in really good nick,a silver ferrule off a walking stick ..hallmarked Birmingham1902 and an Edward the 2nd penny London mint.. probably 1346/47...the ground was pretty hard going tho..

supposed to be out tomorrow ....we shall see ..my knee is giving me a bit of gyp..twisted it the other day..at present got a bag of frozen peas on it to take the swelling down..anyways on we go........

brew no 1 on the go......

hiya ppqp ...hows you today then?all good hopefully....quick something to eat then off to bed..hope you got a decent kip........

hi Sam the man..hows you today then?all good..whats you up to ?are you into collecting coins or just the history ?

hi Pie how are you then?all good I hope....

NS..hows things with you?all settling down??

Det every time you do the mia stunt we are all like uh huh whasapnin..like that word ? you ok?.

hey bear read your post the other day ..3nhalf -4 months af?dont take this the wrong way but you seem to have" grown up" big time in that time period...good on you

Pauly Pauly....yes it might not be today or even tomorrow but things will get better!!..you want the troof now girl?you are a big part ov this show...thats why its so frustrating when you say you are anxious etc...cos most ov the time you dont give a rats about the booze when when you go into one of those moods ...we all now it aint going to be a handsome prince and princess ending..and yet we are powerless to help..next time follow it thru with some sort of alternative strategy or plan...get a pillow beat the crap out of it..see how long it takes you to do 10000 steps ..give yourself a challenge..wouldnt that be good..hey guys ..felt like gettin hammered ..but instead did 10000 steps in a n hour etc..as for supporting you...Lav said it all

hiya Lav..hows you today then ?all good?I saw that thing on your post about depression...now bearing in mind I aint the worlds most technical person..I am on the laptop with no mouse..can just about press the keys ..far less copy and paste....what I will say is Im sure I put that on my timeline in the past...anyways I do support it 100%...one of the things I did as a prison governor was a university course on understanding mental health and mental health awareness...it was probably the most interesting and enlightening course I have ever done..I think I still have a copy of the DSM 5 somewhere....its quite strange how attitudes have changed ovrr the years....not too many years ago someone with depression would have been looked on as moody spoilt unsociable attention seeking and a thousand other not so nice labels!
    ok brew for you ...still doing house work?still raining?

right folks time to go..........

have a great day........

Warning do not view this pic if eating!!!!!!!!

20151003_080629.jpg

My girlfriend said, "You act like a detective too much. I want to split up."

"Good idea," I replied. "We can cover more ground that way."

What do you get if you cross a duck and flatulence?

Donald Trump

"There appears to be a fly in my soup, Nan!" I said as we all sat down to a family cooked meal.

"Shhhh! or everyone will want one." She winked.

"Why didn't you say? I'm not greedy." I said as I cut it into four pieces and threw a bit in everybody's dish.

So 15 British WW2 veterans are to be awarded Legion D'Honneur, France's highest award for bravery.

Why, did they have a load left over or something?

I was in Chinatown the other day just getting a bite to eat when I thought to myself that all Chinese people look dead similar.

Instead of thinking to put that quite racist judgement to one side and not think anything of it, I decided to ask one of my old Chinese neighbour if he finds it offensive.

I've known this Chinese guy a long time so I knew he wouldn't take it personally.

"if I said that all Chinese people look alike would you take offense or would you take it with ease and say that all Europeans look the same?"

What he said back to me has changed my attitude towards racism for the rest of my life.

He looked me in the eye and said "how would I know... I'm Japanese."

A policeman knocked on my door this morning.

He said, "I'm looking for Malcolm Trevor."

I said, "I'm the one. Any problem?"

He said, "I'm afraid I've come to take you in."

"Don't bother," I said. "I'm happy living on my own."

Cameron has today defended plans to have trainee nurses start off as health care assistants before they start nursing.

That's fine. As long as trainee politicians start off as sewer workers before they start talking shit.

I met Barrack Obama and said, "My dad says you're spying on us all."

He said, "He's not your dad."

I went into a hardware shop yesterday. I went up to the counter and asked the bloke for some nails.
    He said, "How long do you want them?"
    I said, "I want to fcking keep 'em."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey Mick,thanks I do feel like something is finally shifting,I think I'm realising that if I sit with shitty feelings they pass,like good ones do.I've always been tryng to escape,whether through food,new surfing,booze,etc.

I've also realised that I'm bloody shattered,physically and mentally and it would be nice to do swimming,walk/jog and yoga rather than full on spinning/body pump that I then cancel.
    Lazy day today, had long hot shower that I really enjoyed,rather than blasting through it quickly.
    I started thinking that I need to see hypno again,book more relaxation treatments - then realised, you know what - I don't.

I need to stop looking for answers,solutions,diversions outside of myself - mindfulness has been the biggest thing to help me,simplify my life, just feel happier and more content.That and Banksy's Dismaland really got me thinking about austerity/consumerism and does all this buying make me happy or keep me stuck?Trapped into 'needing' a certain level of job.

I've finally realised that if I don't drink,don't smoke,stop over shopping go back to ALDI for most of my shopping, buy work clothes second hand off e-bay(when I NEED them) I'll be happier and more content. I've realised that I love being in the fresh air walking/running,that I need different forms of exercise depending on my mood, that I like reading books and this is more engrossing than TV,surfing facebook.

Feeling like I'm actually chilling and letting myself ' be' a bit more than usual after a long week at work when I allowed stress to get on top of me again(but am shaking it off quicker)
    Happy Saturday everyone.
    one day at a time

Comment

morning all, a cold wet rain here, looks like the hurricane is projected to go out to the east. The way it looks now, perhaps heading your way Mick and Bear?? Course it is all long term forecasting. Four days ago it was predicted as a direct hit here in Virginia.

Went into the survey office yesterday, cleaning up and organizing to get things out of there. The biggest dilemma will be the files, of which we have a ton, since 1991. Mick, I'm not a collector of coins, just like history. One of the most enjoyable things of surveying was research. Our work used to get quite involved with research on properties not surveyed in a long time. It was always kind of fun to go into old lawsuit papers and sometimes find old plats.

Bear, Mick is right, there is a big change in your approach, good on you!!

Pauly, you know we all here for you any time. You'll get it worked out because you want to.

Det, Det calling all Dets!!!!! where you be???

check in later, hope everyone is movin' and grovin'
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Yep, it's dark, damp & chilly here. Still had the AC on until a few days ago, ha ha!
        Grateful the hurricane is moving away from the east coast because this current rain system has brought enough rain, for sure.

Mick, we talk about depression quite a bit here on these threads, not so much on places like Facebook. When I saw that piece yesterday I thought it was worth sharing. My own struggles with depression in the past, YB's chronic (diagnosed) depression & of course his brother's suicide 11 months ago make it a very important topic around here. Hiding it under the rug is not treating it in any positive way.
        Congrats on your metal finds yesterday - good job! Are you going to make pea soup with those defrosted peas? Sorry you hurt your knee, try to give it some rest.

bear, I totally agree, mindfulness is a wonderful tool & it's free

Sam, have you thought about scanning those files & making digital copies to save? Just a thought!

PQ, I hope you got some much needed rest.

Will check in later - have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,that pic is small on my phone before I clicked it I thought it was the top of a guys head wearing a hat Hahahaha!Bear,I concur with the others, Isee a very big cchange in you Lav,I seen your post too but like Mick I can only like,comment,share on Facebook, I'm so technically challenged haha,Sam,hope you have a good one off to get ready,hope we allhhave a nice Saturday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Lav, thanks for the suggestion, pea soup is simmering away in my crock pot!
            pea soup.jpg

Sam, I saw that bit about Joaquin heading for our friends in the UK. Hard to imagine one storm impacting both sides of the Atlantic.

PQ, Have you recovered from work emergency?

Hi Bear. Hi Pauly. Mick, I like the Obama joke.

Comment

Checking in with apologies but too exhausted to respond to all the posts.
              Was having a good sleep till the ex phoned at 3:30am, forgot to hit the "moron" switch and turn the phones off.
              He's starting to threaten to come here and to my work place as I won't talk to him.
              Didn't make it to my Dad's as I felt sleep was what I needed. Woke again to find the furnace has packed it in.
              Repair man here 4hrs to the tune of $488 to tell me it was shot. Looking at 6,000 to replace. Hopefully next week as forecast is for above temps.
              Ordered Pizza for dinner, hitting the moron switch and hopefully a restful sleep. Will check in with you all in the morning....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Now I'm wanting pea soup too Pie, ha ha!!!! Hope it was good

Pauly, I'll have to give you a computer skills class!

PQ, sorry you are being hassled by your ex. Is he on/off medication??
                I certainly hope he doesn't follow thru with his threats
                Bummer about the heater - geez. I just had mine replaced too along with the AC unit $$$$.
                Hope you get a good rest tonight.

Peace all around!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Heya ABerooos!
                  yes I'm alive and mostly well. I sent an ultimatum email to my big boss to return me to our original contract that has me one road
                  one week per month (vs the constant hell I've endured). and I haven't heard back yet so I'm really on the edge of my seat here.
                  either I'm going to get some good news, or be out of a job so we'll see how this plays out.

Bear, books are amazing and it's sad that youngsters these days don't enjoy them as much as in days of yore.

off for a hike tomorrow. yay!

be well friends
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X