monday 5th oct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 5th oct

mornin alll...and how are we today then?all good I hope..well computer is in the shop..if this doesnt work then its time to get another ..its only 6 yrs old ..and is a tiop of the range Dell...wont pick up tinternet unless its sittin on top of it even with boosters..so at present using the old steam driven one...consumes about a bag of coal per hour!!as far as the knee goes ..its pretty sore and swollen but hey ho..was going to go out this week sometime if it wass better..but we have got the a.se end of that hurricane here ...its windy n wet this morning..right thasts enough about me...on we go:congratulatory:

brew time....all in?

hiya SF ....hows you today then......and hey you are part of this community ...smiley faces n all....so have you any thoughts about work?Im sure youll find something you dont kinda seem the sit on your ass and watch Judge Judy all day type!!best o lluck

hiya kherriot ...wow such a lot going on in a such a short post....your opening lines say it all...as as a sober person yes I can help and offer advice to my friends and family ..instead of a half jaked blurb!dont know why ..but reading your post...despite the downside things in it seemed so upbeat and positive ...kinda hard to explain but for me it did

hiya pie....glad your dad is ok...as for the pea soup...yum ...chuck some lentils in it too makes it a nice thick wintry warmer soup...hope your dog assignment goes well tomorrow.yep its quite hard at times with the phone ...long tapering fingers I aint got!!!

hey bear ..nothing will push you too far ...except you!!!whatever your anxieties are;.....they need to be faced..they aint gonna hurt you ..they aint gonna kill you and they aint gonna make you pregnant!!!so front them up...once youve done that itll be a case of what was that all about?trust me...

hiya NS...so you had a girly weekend.....look at you!!glad you enjoyed your self ...and yep ..did you need booze ? nope ..so there you go..

hiya ppqp..hows you then?all ok I hope....

hiya pauly....least your boogie has got leaves ....mines a stick!!it'll come back..yes Im resting my leg as much as I can..but I get bored pretty easily doin zilch..how are you anyway?

hiya Lav...glad the party went well any leftovers?doggy bags welcome...just lookin thru seed catalogues on what veggies to grow this year coming...definitely growing Ildi tomatoes ..they are like minature yellow pears ...really nice and spring cabbage ..Bedfordshire champion onions but the jury is out on the rest...heres your recovery brew party princess!!

hey Sam hows you thius fine ..ha day hopefully good ....

right peeps goodly by.. I kneed to shake a leg...ok I thought it was hilarious!!

I couldn't believe what I saw when I took a tour of Bob Marley's house in Jamaica.

His entire bedroom wall was covered with posters of students.

When asked about the reasons why he resigned, Sunderland manager Dick Advocaat said, "Someone poured lemonade over me and it just snowballed from there"

Roger Daltrey from the Who has installed wind turbines at home.

Now he just keeps talkin' bout his generation

I rushed into a Tesco's once about 10 mins before it closed and a cleaner was mopping the floor . She snorted at me and shouted " We close in 10 mins can't you read ?" So I replied " Yes I can that's why I'm not mopping floors in shop supermarkets."

"Mr Spock, would you like some tips on how to look like a regular person?"

"Yeah, I'm all ears, mate."

I can't think of any good bank jokes ATM

Fed up with people criticising me for my lack of direction.

I've had it up to here. Well more like here. Actually probably like over there

I was in the pub playing snooker when some bloke asked, "What's the hardest thing about playing snooker?"

I replied, "Trying to convince the wife that the dog wants to take a cue with him on his walk."

I entered my dog in the redneck version of Crufts last week.

She won "Best Inbreed."

Paddy & Mick go down to the local job centre, but theres a big sign on the door saying 'Interviews for deaf people only'. Never the less they decide to put on an act. Paddy walks into the office, and the interviewer says "shut the door". He does, and the man says to Paddy.."you're not deaf at all. get out". Anyway, Paddy comes out and tells Mick whatever you do don't shut the door. Mick goes into the office, and the interviewer says the same. "shut the door". Mick replies "No, shut it yourself"

Paddy and Mick are sat in a cafe.

A waitress came over and said "You can't eat your own sandwiches in here!"

So they swapped.

Two redneck hunters got a pilot to fly them to Canada to hunt moose, they managed to bag 6. As they were loading the plane to return, the pilot said the plane could take only 4 moose.

The two lads objected strongly, "Last year we shot six. The pilot let us take them all and he had the same plane as yours."

Reluctantly, the pilot gave in and all six were loaded. However, even on full power, the little plane couldn't handle the load and went down. Somehow, surrounded by the moose bodies, Clem and Jeb survived the crash.

After climbing out of the wreckage, Clem asked Jeb, "Any idea where we are?"

Jeb replied, "I think we're pretty close to where we crashed last year."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    thanks brew and humor this morning Mick. Hope your knee is better. Looks like you it might new compuker time, eh? I'm still working with this one but since I got it back, the "office" programs are gone, had the disk to reload but can't find the key. Now it is all done on line, one is a lease program and the other is a one time shot for more $$.

Well, off to work today. Rains have stopped. I hope our friends here from South Carolina are faring well. Looks pretty bad in areas.

off to it. Be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Sunny & getting a bit milder here today, nice!
      The floods down in North & South Carolina look really bad, what a mess! We really dodged that bullet up in this area, thank goodness.

Mick, old computers are a pain & I have to deal with 3 of them every day. I am at the point of using my iPad more & more & appreciating it more & more!
      Rest up that sore knee now - we can't do anything with bad knees!

Sam, glad you escaped the flooding last week.
      Sometimes it easier & cheaper to dump the old computers & go with a newer model. I have to keep one of my old Windows XP running because it's the only thing my embroidery machines will work with, bummer.

Wishing everyone a great AF day. Enjoy the sun if you have it today.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Lav,I think Mick abuses his computers somehow, they'reaalways breaking down! We still use an old second hand windows xp and its been fine for years, supposed to rain here today,we'll see,Sam,how big are the pigs now? Have Mondayitis big time, hope it effs off soon,much love to all,let's have a great day
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

and for all you disbelievers.........

386997_10151399809074443_1898616384_n.jpg

AND ITS WRITTEN BY A WOMAN !!!!!!!!!!!

osteroops::woohoo2::harhar::hahaha:
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I knew it was real Mick!!! It is indeed raining, grrr,hate driving in it
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sounds like the rainy weather is a good opportunity to rest up your knee, Mick. Knock on wood, I've had good luck keeping computers for years. Frustrating when they don't cooperate, though. Have you ever used your treasure findings in a project? Recently I saw pretty glass pieces embedded into a tiling application. Made me wonder about using found coins in a backsplash or something.

SF, at this stage of the game, there's no way I'd commit to a job with the number of hours you're describing. Completely understand why you walked away from it.

Hello to Sam, Lav, Pauly, and other friends yet to pop in.

Comment

Hey there,back from work,shattered,had 40 min snooze and baked potato for tea,feel bit better.
                The big meeting went well.

The thing about my anxieties Mick is that I'm not dodging anything,I'm dealing with a lot,turning up to work, doing it and still feeling anxious about it.I just seem to get myself into a state,but the reality very rarely goes badly. Just keeping on!I've got 2 more days in the office this week and three next week (2 days in other offices).Meditation is helping,I just need to get out of the ' I'm helpless,dependent on others approval' mode.
                one day at a time

Comment

MAE ALL....

I am finding my life has become very busy. All day workshop today and a meeting tonight so a quick bite to eat and heading out.
                  One of my current stresses is trying to keep up with the thread and post everyday. Or feeling guilty when I don't check in.
                  So for the next little while please don't worry if I'm not posting. I will let you know if I get to an "Oh F*k It" state and promise to post before doing anything I'll regret. Hope you all understand.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hey PPQ,look after yourself and no guilt allowed ok? Sometimes you've got to put you first and we'll still be here xx
                    one day at a time

Comment

ahoy hoy ABsters! wow, I hiked both Sat and Sunday and really feeling it, but the feeling is grand indeed. now to stay on top of exercising and get back into shape after a couple months of hell.

Bear, good thoughts... i concur and relate.

i haven't heard back from bosses on my ultimatum to return me to our agreed amount of travel time and it's been stressing me out until this morning. for some reason it's just not stressing me anymore. Whatever they decide it's incumbent upon me to be the best 'me' i can be. I'd rather be healthy and living in a tent than miserable, stressed-out and relapsing to chase the almighty dollar. I think it was Rob Roy that quoted 'honor is a gift you give yourself every day'.

anyone here experiment with L Tyrosine?

PPQ, just shoot up a flare and we'll find you!

well time to wrap it down and get sleepy.

be well peeps!
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X