sunday fred 5am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday fred 5am

mornin all....on the way out in a minute ..tho not convinced its such a great move...we shall see..if it gets soreatr all then Ive promised myself I will quit and sit in the car while my 2 friends find all the goodies!!!:eek-new:booked holiday yesterday ..a place called Los Gigantes..right on the sea front...started ?emm bit further on than that on the newdrain hopper I got yesterday..1847 it was made..right gotta shoot....nice to see you Sam...

I think I should make more effort to keep my kitchen tidy.

By the time I found the salt, the slug had fcked off.

What do you call an Eskimo's home without a toilet?

An Ig

A gypsy walks into a library and says to the librarian, "Excuse me mate,I'm looking for a place to sleep tonight."

The librarian says, "Sorry,as you can see,we're fully booked."

My new girlfriend asked me what my hobbies are. I told her I play a little guitar.

"Ooh," she swooned, "I love a musician."

One minute later, she seemed less impressed when I serenaded her with my ukulele.

I remember my first day at school the teacher looked at me during register and asked, "Are you chewing?"

I said, "No, Chewing is probably one of these foreign kids, my name's David."

When the wife dragged me round her mother's for dinner, I had to be on my best behaviour.

"Wow!" I said, "You and your daughter could be sisters."

Her mum's eyes lit up. "Oh you're so charming! She's nearly thirty years younger than me!"

"I know," I said, "She's aged terribly."

I was initially annoyed when the mother in law asked me to go round and check her smoke alarms, but it wasn't a completely wasted trip.

At least I've now got some spare batteries for the TV remote.

Just seen an advert that said "Text 8468 with your registration plate for £3.50 to check that your car hasn't been lost, scrapped or stolen."

Or, alternatively, look outside your window for free.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    on the run myself Mick, hope you are being kind to that knee of yours!! Furnace man cometh todiddy so I gots to open my gate so he can get on in here. Hope everyone has a most enjoyable day. Fall temps and some colors coming on here. Very pretty out there. Lav, you have the same?

off to it, be well friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

Yep, definitely have that Fall feeling here too Sam ~ nice
      This has always been my favorite season, I cannot tell a lie!! Good luck with the heater guy today.

Mick, I'm sending nurse Stella over to tie you to a chair, I swear!!! I hope you don't reinjure that knee today fella

I spent some time cleaning out flower beds yesterday, have a lot more of that stuff to do. Daughter & family are coming later today so it will be busy!
      Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,you're a brat! If it was any of us you'd be saying to stay home,I hope you take it easy and don't cause anymore damage took me a sec to figure out the Eskimo joke haha,Lav,what is a jujube tree? I just imagine little candies growing everywhere haha Sam,so glad to have you back,my gramma had Alzheimer's and I don't know why,she always took great care of herself, never smoked,drank,stayed active, did her Indian beadwork and crafts,I just don't understand, I joke and say its from raising 11 kids,she was ready to check out of life after that haha,but who knows with that disease Pie,what's planned for today? I'm just doing groceries, not much else planned,Michelle wants me to stop by,probably wants money,grrr,hello to all and I hope this is a nice Sunday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning All,

Trusting you not to mess up your knee, Mick. Maybe just serve in an advisory capacity for your mates? My doggie guest is being a very good sport. She's much younger and more active than mine, so it's a challenge to keep her entertained while not annoying the others.

Sam, who's that lovely in your new avatar?

Hi Lav, I used to enjoy yard work, cleaning out flower beds, etc. Now I'm content to live in a condo with very limited outdoor responsibilities. My one small bed is incredibly lush though; the dragon-wing begonias look spectacular.

Hey Pauly, Not much in the plans department. I've been in a very low energy mode, like treading water. I'm not unhappy, but do feel a little guilty/embarrassed that I'm not doing much of anything. Hope your visit with Michelle is a pleasant one.

Greetings to all yet to stop by. Thinking of you, PQ.

Comment

hey everyone - back from weekend,stayed sober,much to mother's dismay.
            Bought lots of lovely vintage stuff for really cheap - got 5 coats - instead of cleaner,hypno and massages

Hey Mick - i was in Whitby and went to the same place,love it been going for years,look after your knee, mine been playing up since i thought about going back to rollerderby.

det glad you're with us

Pauly good luck with family - mine are a piece of work too,lots of insults,crying and sulking from mine this weekend amongst the good times.

sam - good to see you - sorry to hear about your brother,such a cruel disease,hope he has as a good quality of life as possible.

Hey Lav,I think Amish are fascinating,and the whole freedom they have to choose when they're teenagers(can't think of proper name)I think because there just isn't a community here it's so different.

Hey Pie - you ok?Maybe you just need to chill for a bit?Sending you positive thoughts.
            Anyway,shattered,glad to be sober and not smoked for a week,determined to get back to gym and proper food - seeing mum and what lethargy,booze and being sedentary can do is a big wake up call.Last week before 2 weeks off

TT - 3 years - amazing!!
            one day at a time

Comment

Talk about a boring Sunday,none of us had motivation to do much of anything, except Louie of course haha,went and stopped by Michelle's luckily she just wanted cigs so I bought her the cheapest pack I could find,Bear,its really hard when our moms are drinkers,so easy to walk away from other toxic drinkin buddies but moms no way!our relationship has reverted to the days before I drank,I used to visit then leave but she had a hubby to distract her so it didn't matter,then I started drinking and we became two peas in a pod and enjoyed each others drunken company, I figure that I'm just gonna be funny and talk a lot to her,let her know that just because I ain't drinkin doesn't mean that I judge her for doing so,or think I'm holier than thou either,when you said"sober,much to my mother's dismay" it really relates to my bizarre family life haha
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly, the jujube was first cultivated in China 4,000 years ago. It was used to make medicine in the beginning. Now, it basically looks like an elongated apple, very sweet & it left longer on the tree it becomes very sweet like a date. It's interesting to have a chance to grow some of these old time fruits (figs & jujubes). We're also considering a pawpaw tree next, ha ha!!!

Pie, we have a 2 1/2 acre property - large enough to keep us busy & gives us a chance & space to grow some unusual stuff
                Nothing wrong with condo gardening - I can see that happening someday too!

bear, glad you had a good weekend away!
                My Mom was never much of a drinker. I was never much of a drinker until long after she passed away. I imagine it would be difficult for her now that you no longer join in. I'll bet she becomes accustomed to the new & improved you in good time.

Pauly, the same goes to you & your Mom. Just be firm about your intentions, you may be her daughter but you are an adult now

I ended up with a house full of kids today - see what happens when I don't make specific plans? LOL
                It went well but now I'm beat.
                Wishing everyone a peaceful night!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

happy Sunday night ABerooooos!

Mick, holiday on the ocean sounds grand.

Pauly, keep strong, you're doing great.

had a fabulous hike/shoot on Sat, and spent Sat afternoon and all day today with Dx. We finally did some spring cleaning (a tad late) and throwing away tons of things
                  trying to continue to downsize and fit our new smaller abode. it feels good and cleansing to downsize and organize.

well, getting ready for a wacky Monday.

be well loves
                  nosce te ipsum
                  (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                  X