wenzdi 14th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wenzdi 14th

hiya folks well here I am ..thought I had better put a date up too..cant just keep putting the thingyth etc...well did think of going detecting today ...but it was all dependant on my leg...seems ok..but thought I would give it an extra day ..if its ok will go tomorrow..if land hasnt been drilled n seeded ..if it has then cest la vie!finished the planter ..it is outside up on the wall ..all it needs is planting up...

ok then on we go ...brew time....

hiya Sam...hows you then ?all good ? nice pic my friend ..when you said your son was coming across to look at the rocks..is that his thing?geology?..will try arnica as well see what happens...

hey Lav...big extra brew for you then...did they give any reasons for you gd ..being dismissed?...or was it the fact that she demanded as bit more attention than they could be bothered/had the time to give?Im sure she is in the right place...before you know it she will be working embroidery machines and setting up contracts!!

hiya Det..how goes it with you my friend ..best of luck on your 400 mile drive...wouldnt be too happy with that one..obviously your bosses took heed to what you said re driving away!!...not..

hiya bear...another day less till you are off !hey just cos you disagree with folks,doesnt mean to say you dont love them..we all get into that scenario ...my way ...every other way is wrong and as we get older it becomes more apparent..but irt is all part of lifes rich tapestry!!

hiya Ns..hows you ..feeling like you should be in 3 places 1000 miles apart ..reckon youre a bit stretched!! where does the mileage come from?glad you dont need the pseudo support from Mr boozer loser...well done on that..

hiya pie...firstly best of luck sorting things out for your dad..Im sure things will be fine with you at the helm...glad the dogs got on well too...as for the weight thingy...ermm you aint on your own wirth that one either..,Ive got as few lbs to shift too..it will happen tho..its just a wee bit difficult with a dodgy knee at the mo....

hiya pauly...hows you doing ? did you get any sleep ?its defo seasonal stuff..I went to bed last night about 11,woke up at 4.20...decided I wasnt going detecting and read till about 6 ...on my kindle.. got my computer back from the shop ..its a crock of ..they aint fixed the problem..Im actually using a samsung notebook doing this and it works tons better ..no error messages ,no cant find the internet messages nowt...shop sent me a feedback report....they just won a first ...all zeros!!so I await their call...what are you up to today then?

hiya Mary jo...hows you today then?how was work?keep smiling !!!!!!!

right folks orf we go ...if alls well wont be here tomorrow ..early doors out..but be finking of yiz....

My wife asked me to pass her the lip balm but I gave her some superglue instead,

She's still not talking to me.

I was a Guinea pig in a new drug trial recently...

Then it wore off and I was a boring old human again.

The Germans are embroiled in another scandal as they plan to change the alphabet to be ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUXYZ

It's a VW omissions scandal.

It was Columbus Day yesterday in the US.

In his honour, I went shopping and got lost looking for spices.

Went into KFC today

"10 pieces of chicken please mate."

"Do you want a bucket?" Asked the assistant.

"No thanks." I replied. "It's never made me sick before."

I met my wife at our school jumble sale.

It was fete.

People say that I use the keyboard pretty well while I'm listening to music on two speakers.

However, I hate this stereo-typing.

The politically incorrect version:

Ho, ho, ho! Merry Christmas!

The politically correct version:

Lady of the night, lady of the night, lady of the night! Happy non-denominational holiday of the winter solstice!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    glad you put a date on there Mick, course there's always the 14th Wednesfingy. My son cancelled coming over at the last minute. We are resetting a rock steps that has been wasted by cows knocking it over. Beside the steps is a small rock landing. That's the part we are on right now. Hope your knee is getting the rest it kneeds!

Pauly, saw in another thread that you had a bit of a stumble. Don't know what happened but hope you keep checking in. You are going get through this wall yet, the chinks are there.

Lav, 4 years old is young going off to a strange place. Heck, I still don't like being out of my safety net!!

early meeting with my conservation boss so got to get paper work done.

be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Yep, I have a very happy & energetic 4 year old (with cold feet) sitting next to me. She's just fine so I don't know what the problem is with her preschool/daycare. This situation is a serious hassle for her parents but they will figure it out. Just glad I can help out
      Of course my routine is all shot to hell, but that's OK for a while, ha ha!!

Mick, glad you are giving your knee some rest today. Your knee is more important than some old coins, right?
      I don't know why my granddaughter was doing so much crying at her school, she's happy as a clam when she's here or at her home.

Hi there Sam, hope your day goes well. Get that paperwork done

Hello to everyone & I will stop by again tonight!
      Have a wonderful AF Wednesday everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning all

We have clouds in the sky here in Southern Cal and that's cause for rejoicing. I'd be happier with the rain forecast if the temp was going to go down but we will still have a small amount of rain and 87 degrees. Better than no rain and 100 degrees. Took my dog out for a pre-dawn walk this morning. She is a rescue and it was not a big success walking her in the dark. it is too hot for her to get proper exercise during the day so figured I'd be smart and get her out early. She got frightened hearing dogs and not being able to see them. I live in an area where there is a large Hispanic population and they love keeping outdoor dogs as cheap burglar alarms. So seems like every fence we passed she got spooked. Still enjoyed walking in the cool air.

Watched the Democratic debates last night. Not nearly as cringe-worthy as the Republican debate circus. I am renewing my passport just in case I need to flee the country next year. Been threatening to do that a couple of times in the last decade.

Mick, the issue with my work goes deeper than smiling will fix. But most of the time I have a detached attitude and just do what I do to the best of my ability and leave other people to thrash about.

Lav, when I was a kid I was inconsolable at school but fine at home or out in the streets playing. I know now that I had separation anxiety from being away from comfortable or secure environments. So maybe your gd is happy with you and happy at home but anxious away from familiar landmarks or people. I remember that I felt completely unmoored away from my family.

Great to start the day off with a joke. I am not good at remembering them but I think someone should give Mick a run for his money so here goes.

Guy goes into psychiatrists office completely naked and wrapped head to toe in Saran wrap (shrink wrap for those who have different brands in their country).

The doctor looks at him and says "I can clearly see your nuts".

'Nother guy goes into a doctor's office with a carrot sticking out of one ear and a piece of celery sticking out the other.

Doctors says "You're not eating right".

Off to work and hoping for some raindrops later today. (I know that may seem weird to some of you).

Comment

Wednesday Greetings, Abbers!

Thanks for the thread, Mick. Sam, I'll bet your conservation boss is one happy guy to have you on board. Hey Lav, did the cool down reach you? Hi Maryjo, hope you get some rain, and thanks for adding to our daily humor. Thinking of you, Pauly.

Off now, back later. Maybe.

Comment

I just dunno what I'm doing ATM,I wanna take a break from posting cuz I feel like an idiot,I can't be one way one day and another the next,this stupid addiction is controlling my life, grrr,I just don't know what to do I know drinking sucks but I keep going back,I truly love all of you people here,my biggest cheerleaders and help,I guess I just, I guess I just don't know what I'm doing,but I don't want to bring anybody down with my bullshit.Mick,rest that knee!
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly - you must know by now that I am too stubborn to be brought down by someone's mood. Don't worry about us, focus on yourself! You are the only one who truly knows what you want, what you need to do :hug:
              I read somewhere years ago that if we just shut up for a while, we will hear the answers that are already within us. I believe we all have spirit guides, we just need to listen
              I sure hope you stick around because sooner or later we will get you to believe in yourself!!

maryjo, you are probably right about the seperation anxiety thing with my grandaughter. Plus she has my ability to be very stubborn & her other grandmother's drama ability, ha ha. This is not her first time going to preschool or daycare but it is the worst experience so far, ugh.
              I've been thinking of fleeing the country too if a Republican is elected, ha ha!!

Hi there pie, hope your day was good!

PQ, how are you?
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
              X