Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

its FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IDAY!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IDAY!!!!!

Mornin all poets day toda...ready to go into the weekend..a pretty wet one over here by the looks of it...not many folks on the fred yesterday so lets start wiv them.....

ppqp...hope your weekend is good and things are getting sorted

det you still out on your trip or are you home this weekend?

hiya NS.....hows you then?weekend coming up doing grandma things?

hey pauly how you doing?getting it togevva? youll be fine

not going to be too long...going to pick up my new glasses this morning ....binned the varifocals off..it was like Mr Magoo....knee not as painful....so marks out of 10 for health.....11!!
    right brew time ..

hiya bear..last day for you today isnt it?didnt really understand this para.. all this stress - anxiety and angst - ultimately for senior people's views of me and my team whose values and skills are not really anything to be admired. as long as you are happy that you have done a good job then thats all that matters!now go have that break and enjoy!

hey sam ..how did you get on yesterday ?fair list there my friend ...did you get it all done..frost scheduled for this weekend...so need to get what remaining plants Ive got covered and clean out the greenhouse......how are you faring in the garden?

hiya Lav...reckon you filled your day up ok yesterday!!so you have now got a 4 year old doing a degree in animal husbandry and gardening?good for you..heres a brew n a baby brew too!!was going to say bet youll be glad that you get the weekend to yourself but reckon thats a non starter too!!

hiya pie...hows you today then?all good in your place?as for the rabbits overwintering...you probably dont really have to do a lot tho I go overboard with them...nights and mornings drawing darker..get them unlocked and out in the garden in daylight as there are a lot of predators out in the fields at dawn and dusk so its a case of letting them out and watching them...got crows,merlins,kestrels,stoats foxes etc who would love the chance of a free meal...lots more hay and straw in their hutch ..they have also got hot water bottles!they also tend to come into the house a lot more in the winter and just lie in the conservatory behind the chair...oh and when Julie goes out..play in the front and dining rooms!!

hiya Mary jo...how are you then?did you go and see the photography or go to the Zen centre? interesting concept on feelings....my own spin on feelings are they are triggered by memories ..whether they are long past or very recent and all stops between those point..the recall you have on the incident /subject identifies certain triggers and feeds those emotions and feelings ...not necessarily anger hate and resentment.. could also be love sorrow joy etc etc..interesting tho is the fact on a single incident ,different people can set off different triggers within themselves..releasing different feelings....anyway ....enough from me ..have a great weekend.

right folks ..off to get me new windows!!!! took this pic this mornin ..Zeuss gettin a wash !!

20151016_080707.jpg

I think most of you probably already know about the first rule of Assumption Club.

Me and the wife have just been to the cinema to see that new film Suffragette.

Two hours of a woman's struggle... full of tears, aggression, sadness, anger and frustration.

Anyway, after she finally managed to park the car in the cinema car park, we rushed in and caught the credits.

"Oh, bless."

"What?"

"There's a gorilla pictured here and she's adopted two kittens because she can't have any of her own."

"Probably because she's a gorilla."

In a bid to stop rising ocean levels, the government has implemented a new rule.

Children are no longer allowed to throw stones into the sea.

Chinese scientist Tu Youyou, who has been given the Nobel prize for medicine, would like to thank her Chuckle Sister, Tu Me-me, for all her support.

A policeman knocked on my door today and said "Do you know where your neighbour Mr Jonesl is? We need to speak to him regarding a burglary."

"Is he not at home?" I asked.

"Not when we checked a few moments ago."

"Have you tried Mr. Grayson's house?" I suggested.

"Why would he be there?"

I said, "He's on holiday."

The first rule of the Flat Earth Society is :-

Never live life close to the edge.

I'm starting up a new business.

It's a supermarket for midgets.

It opens shortly.

My Grandad was a kleptomaniac with arthritis.

One day he just couldn't take it anymore.

After 30 years of driving a taxi, I have decided to give the game up.

"I just got fed up of people talking behind my back all day"

Thanks to political correctness, nothing is clear anymore:

We live in an age when transparent means someone who is both a mother and a father at the same time.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey Mick cross posted so bunging it over here
    one day at a time

Comment

Morning,messaging from sick sofa,ears and head all blocked and woozy and just SHATTERED.
      Feeling much happier today,think senior manager may have been trying to help in a ham fisted way - and is unrealistic in her expectations too - on calmer reflection Got good support from direct boss,colleagues in office and that helped a lot.

Switching off from it all - OH said ooh you can have a beer now - I said noooo I can't and it won't help,then I started craving a drink as an end of work 'treat'.So went out and luckily friends weren't drinking either just eating - phew! It's good I managed a drinking thought - think my mindfulness is helping with that - as well as just having decent amount of time off the booze.I can only imagine how awful this all would be with booze thrown into the mix.

I'm really tired,so today will be bad daytime tv,washing,cat,soup and a toastie - hot curry for dinner Lie in and gym tomorrow if I feel better.Hope you're all good,I'm learning to switch off from stress and not take things so personally - slowly.Staff member said some horrible things - haven't remotely sunk into me - that is HUGE progress.
      Happy Friday everyone.
      one day at a time

Comment

morning all
        Mick, thanks for the start of the day, the gorilla joke got me a first thing chuckle, always a good way to start the day. That's a great picture of the wabbits.

Bear, hope you feel better, taking 'er easy is the best medicine. You are so right about a little bit of time to put that drinking thought into perspective.
        Good on you!!

I ended up working yesterday and calling and writing farmers I can't seem to get in touch with, the result was someone home and signing up so off to their place. Got back and make some bee food for my struggling hives for the winter. They were doing so well before the dry spell. So I guess my list remains and grows, digging my sweet potatoes today! (I hope). Pie, what kind list you got? Today the outdoor furnace guy comes to show me how it all works, finally. Ready to be done with this project.

well, off to the mines. Be well good friends
        Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good morning Abbers & happy Friday to all

Sunny & coolish here, perfect!

Mick, I just showed the bunny picture to my granddaughter & she approves
          My daughter is coming for her later so I will have the weekend off, ha ha!! I hope they get a new school arranged soon just so things can get back to 'normal' for them.
          Keep taking care of that knee!

Bear, I hope you feel better soon, not fun being sick

Sam, speaking of bees - my left hand is swollen twice it's normal size. Two bees got mad at me last evening & got me good!!!! I really overreact to things like bee stings & poison ivy these days. Guess my immune system is in overdrive. Good luck with your bees today.

OK, off to feed animals & such.
          Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, a quick fly by to say hi and a thank you for everything, will post properly tomorrow, enjoy the day
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ha! Mick, your hot water bottles for the rabbits made me laugh out loud. Precious photo of the two together. Reminds me very much of my 9 lb boy who gets a grooming from his larger sister every morning.

Sam, I keep meaning to look up how that outdoor furnace works, intriguing. Not much of interest on my to do list right now.

How are your hands, Lav? Bee stings settled down?

Hi Pauly, will look forward to your proper post tomorrow. Though come to think of it, an improper post could be entertaining. :eek-new:

It seems the technology behind the internet service I use will be discontinued on Nov 6th, so have spent much time today exploring options. Confusing enough to induce a headache, so will take another look tomorrow.

Comment

Oops! Hi Bear, didn't mean to overlook you. Hope you're feeling better. What is a OH?

Comment

Hope you feel better soon, Bear. Other abbers sound good (other than bee stings and research-induced headaches!). I am deep in Grandma-activities, Mick, and loving it! Unfortunately work is really busy and b/c I work online, I have to do it even though I'm far from home. I'd rather baby-gaze all day

Comment

Working...
                  X