Sattiday the October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sattiday the October

morn folks ...how are we today then?got one pair of me new glasses yesterday so I can see you all better today...ordered 2 at the same time ..and yet only one ready?mehinks they forgot the second pair...sooooo whats everyone up to today then?anything spesh?

but firstly brew time...so here we go ...

hiya bear ...hope you are feeling better today...try not to let work get you down..yep I appreciate that we are all different and look at things differently, but personally I wouldnt give a monkeys cuss what the staff member thought ..mebbe its an age thing I dont know..dont let it ruin your well being or your fun in life!!have a great time off

hiya ppqp...you still there ?hope all is going your way ...

hi pie..as opposed to lo pie how are you today?have you found any options for tinternet?hope so we need you here!just let the rabbits out and I can hear them causing havoc thru there!!yep you are right ..they are very precious to me..

hiya pauly ..nice to see you back...what have you been up to ?

hiya ns..didnt realise that you worked away from home.. bit fick me! hope all is well.....

hiya Lav..and how you bee today? buzzin?...no I didnt think it was funny either! so hows the chestnut butter making going then?a nd hows your little apprentice doing?I taped a telly programme the other night..someone looking at the Amish way of life...far removed from the tv series ,and its so simple and down to earth..I often look at the places and roads and wonder if you have travelled down them or is it just another stage set..anyway brew for you..are you family free this weekend?

hiya Sam the man and hows you today ?youre feeding bees and Lavs letting them sting her ..what you feeding them? did yoou get the sweet potatoes dug over?do you grow much veg?Im sure that furnace could heat water to pipe round your polytunnels..Ive come to the last of my toms...they are yellow and some green ther is not enough heat in the sun to ripen them

hiya Mary Jo..how are you today?any plans for the weekend?

hi Det you home buddy?

right peeps be well ...have a good one...

12066051_874279189351378_8999921888436288490_n.jpg

I've created a website selling and delivering sausages over the Internet

I'll send you the link

Did you know that if every British citizen all lay side by side across the English Channel-
    they would all drown?

A woman was in the bath when the doorbell rang, so she got out, put on a bathrobe and went to answer the door.
    At the door was her husband's golf partner, Jim.
    "I'm afraid my husband's not in" she said.
    "Oh well!", said Jim, "Say, you look very nice in that robe. How about giving me a quick flash?"
    "No!", cried the woman, "What would my husband say?"
    "Oh go on!", pleaded Jim, "Just a quick flash and I'll give you 50, no, 100 quid"
    The woman is tempted, but still refuses.
    "Ok, Ok, my final offer. Flash me for 10 seconds and I'll give you 200 quid"
    The woman thinks about it, nods, opens her robe for 10 seconds and closes it quickly.
    Jim smiles and hands over £200 in cash, before walking off whistling.

Later that evening, the husband asks "Did Jim call round for me earlier?"
    "Erm, yes.", replied the wife nervously.

"Oh good - did he give you that £200 he owes me?"

I think the dipstick in my car is wearing out.

It doesn't reach the oil anymore.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey Mick, wise words thank you, I slept loads yesterday,and am up at 8 due to cat shouting at me
    I'm feeling better,I've had some lovely supportive messages from colleagues and it's done,all gone and over with.
    I've learnt a LOT - about how I internalise and I have actually not let a lot of this shit sink in this time,and I genuinely feel more detached from what others think of me - think it's the mindfulness,sober time.

I've also learnt that I do have real inner strength and tenacity,I have remained professional,calm (outwardly) and dealt with a lot of unreasonable behaviour and not wavered even when it's been really hard.Progress!

Man flu wages on,mostly in my head, still feeling shattered,I'm off to get parcels and pay a cheque in,was planning gym visit but am taking pressure off myself and can start all that again from Monday.Off to see big bonfire tonight and stay with friends.

How's the knee,hope on the mend - and fried green tomatoes - yummmy!

Happy Saturday everyone
    one day at a time

Comment

Hey Mick popping in here as the Army are lazy feckers - and won't post !
      Whole of Ireland getting ready here for the Rugby tomorrow.
      I just love the buzz - but MrS & DD take it all VERY seriously and wouldn't be surprised if they lose sleep tonight - especially as Ze FRENCH took our our 2 top players out last week - but we still beat them :yay:
      Aren't they LOVELY

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers,

Overnight temps dipped to 39 degrees, not freezing but getting close.
        I slept like a dead person after my busy week so I won't complain

Mick, I have to do a lot of running around today & restock the pantry too. I travel those country roads you see on your TV shows always keeping an eye out for wandering goats & cows, ha ha!! The Amish we know around here are very hard workers & I do not envy their 'simplicity'. They work until they drop, have no down time, no vacations & never smile (especially the women). I'm happy to support their businesses though. We are signed up for another winter farm share & will be picking up the first veggie box Nov 7.
        Glad you got your glasses, you need to see where you're going so you don't hurt your knee!!

Bear, detachment from the BS is the best way to go. It really gives us the opportunity to see the juvenile behavior of others & just walk away from it without taking it in. I hope you feel better & enjoy the weekend.

Hi there satz!
        I think your team is just lovely, haha!!!

Hello to everyone & wishing a great AF Saturday for all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, raining here right now,made for a good sleep in at least,sounds like everyone is doing good,I'm doing ok considering that I drank for 4 days straight, that's the most days I'vedrank since May just ccouldn't stop once I started,wish I wouldn't have started in the first place I guess I just let myself get overwhelmed and don't know how to deal with things,this visit coming up with my mom is really stressful and I was so scared idsuccumb to drinking when she came I drank anyways,so stupid really, just panicked I guess,hope everyone has a great Saturday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

evening all
            just got in trying to cover stuff up for the BIG CHILL. Got sweet taters dug. For once a pretty haul on those considering we didn't plant too many. Usually the mice eat them. We planted stuff in the greenhouse but haven't been able to get the plastic up because of wind so we covered what we could with row covers. Hopefully tomorrow will be calmer. I like this time of year when the final harvest is on.... We had a pretty good year for maters, popcorn did ok, beans and as they say round chere, sallit; lots of greens. These darn pigs are getting ready to "harvest" as well, they're eating ALL THE TIME, they're making pigs of themselves you might say.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday.
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Sam, you should get the farmer of the year award

Pauly, I really wish you strength!
              Please don't let your mother drive you up the wall, off the rails or anything else. You still have time to develop some Lavan-ittude - don't forget that!!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Wicked cravings tonight. My demented father has once again phoned 911 to take him to the hospital. This is a semi-regular occurrence, and results in a least a 6 hour odyssey in the emergency room. The man's only been back home for 4 days since the last time. This has been going on for over a decade. He has home health care, meaning nurses who visit. He has a caretaker who comes 3 days a week. He complains about all of them and ultimately pulls the 911 stunt. When he's in a hospital or rehab, he complains nonstop about them, and wants to come home. The situation is impossible!

I really want the numbness of several drinks right now. Nothing fancy, shots will do. And there's no liquor in the house. And here's a funny part. I'm taking care of a lovely little dog who barks when I walk out the front door. So other than a quick sprint to the mailbox, I've been a hostage all day because I cant risk condo neighbors complaining about non-stop barking. The only way I could drive to a store right now would be if I took her with me. But the store is in a crap neighborhood, where I would risk coming out to find both my car and the dog stolen.

So unless there's cooking sherry in my pantry, looks like another sober day for me.

Deflated Pie

Comment

I'm sorry things are so tough right now, Pie :hug:. That pup might be your guardian angel.

Comment

I'm so glad there is no alcohol in your house. You've set things up to help yourself make it through a night like this.
                    Can you take a hot bath or maybe just sit and breathe slowly and deeply?
                    I've had a small glimpse of what you're dealing with and know that it must be so sad and hard.
                    xx, NS

Comment

Thanks, NS. :hug: It's almost too ironic to believe that my library book at the moment is The Dog Who Saved Me. Cue the Twilight Zone music, eh?

Comment

It's funny how the world works sometimes, isn't it? Maybe give that nervous, barky pup an extra treat tonight :smile:.

Comment

Good idea. Gonna head over to the toolbox for some reading.

Comment

There's some good stuff there but you've already done a couple things just as you needed to:
                            -No alcohol in the house
                            -Posted before instead of after drinking.

You should ADD to the toolbox while you're over there - you've got proof these tools can work! And it really was you, not the pup - if you had been determined to drink, you wouldn't have cared about annoyed neighbors or thieves. You don't want to drink, you just want to escape, and that is completely understandable. But you didn't take the easy way out and I hope that you're as proud of you as I am.
                            :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                            X