wed 21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wed 21

morn folks ..bit of a mad day today...my car is due its mot (ministry of transport test)tomorrow...I thought it was in a weeks time! dont know if you have the same over there ..but basically the car is checked and certified as roadworthy ..without it ..it is a criminal offence to drive...finally found a garage to do it at short notice...lotsa dosh time!my knee is playing up again ..no surprise there then!!its weird ..when I rest it or lying in bed its sore ..when I walk it aches??oh well time will tell ..its annoying tho because I cant really do any exercise....
    pouring with rain over here wabbits are all tucked up nice n cosy...so lets have a brew then

mornin Sam ..how are you today then mate?did you mange to get the plastic on our shelter?I love turnips...mashed with black pepper .......be well have a good one..

hiya Lav...brew time ..hows you today then?and the apprentice ?hows she doing?get her into gardening!!!trying not to do a lot today.cars in the garage .,so hopefully rest leg.you have a great day..

hiya pauly ...how are you today then?hopefully better...as you say ..working pays the bills,its a must,but honestly ,find a hobby an interest,something to focus on...you know how you felt yesterday when the drunk came in for a haircut?what did you think?..now how do you think that guy would behave if he wasnt hammered?bevvy has got the power to turn nice folks into assholes!!You will succeed !!

hi pie aka pie 2 how are you today then?all good ..?yep Sandy and Zeuss get on well...no one thought we could do it ..because of his type and nature..but they have turned really close ..kinda mum and son relationship!!how your dogs doing?

hiya bear....hope you are enjoying Prague.....

hiya NS,Mary jo,Det,ppqp,SF and all our merrie little gang and lurkers hope you are well..

right folks time to go so have a good one.....

"Knock knock"

"Who's there?"

"It's the undertaker sir... Good job I checked."

As it was my 86th birthday today, I decided to wash my hair.

I'll wash the other one tomorrow.

My mate dug a hole in the garden and filled it with water....I think he meant well.

I've just packed my job in at the shoe recycling factory

I found it sole destroying

My ugly neighbour just walked past as I was trying to put out the fire I'd accidentally started in my wheelie bin...

"Bonfire night isn't for another two weeks." she said sarcastically

"Neither is Halloween," I replied.

That shut the fecker up.

Lif is too short.

I was lying in bed and I thought, "I've gotta start telling the truth."

BBC News: Chinese Air Force used footage from 'Top Gun' in promotional film.

They were rumbled when someone noticed Tom Cruise looked a bit short for a Chinaman.

How to rescue the economy:

Dear President Obama,

Patriotic retirement:

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force;

pay them $1 million a piece severance with stipulations:

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed.

3) They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage- Housing Crisis fixed.

4) go out for a celebratory meal-food industry,catering industries fixed

job done...
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Good morning Abbers, happy Hump day too

Cool & pleasant ~ perfect!
    Yes Mick, we have to have our cars inspected yearly & a new sticker put on the windshield. It's a good thing I think, safety wise. Sorry your knee is still hurting, these things do take time to heal. Take it easy today, OK?

My apprentice is sleeping in this morning. I took her to Longwood Gardens yesterday & walked her around for miles, wore her out, ha ha!

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Day for all!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning, Abbers!

Pie, thanks for the good wishes - and thanks for straightening out that YOU are Pie2!! I was confused over on the GLoamers thread and wrote that it was nice to meet you!!

This is my last day visiting New Grandson then I have to head home (where different good things await so I'm trying to have a good attitude). The internet shrinks the world but not small enough when a baby is involved!! Lav, you're so fortunate to live near yours and be able to hire them for the shop :wink:.

Thanks for the jokes each morning, Mick. Your posts each morning help ground the site.

Today is Back to the Future day --- I'm so thrilled to be looking Forward to the Future again instead of dreading what I know is to come over and over and over again (my life was more like a really awful Groundhog's Day!!).

Have a good one, NS

Comment

Morning All,

Mick, I'm sending your economic suggestions directly to our President Obama. With luck, he will implement before leaving office next year.

Big dog doings planned for this weekend, but rainy forecast may squelch them. Lav, enjoy your weather as we usually send ours your way, and it's looking very soggy.

Hey NS, 1,000 AF days combined with countless, uniquely helpful posts to me and many others give many reasons to salute you! I thought you were joking with me on the LOAMers thread, then realized introducing Pie2 would be a good idea.

Surprise phone call from my dad last night, and he was in his right mind. Hope it lasts for awhile.

Comment

morning all
          gonna attempt rock work again today. Nice day for it, I hope we get most of it done. Mick, thanks for the brew. Have NOT gotten plastic on yet, all the cold days had winds so it was impossible, all the warm days, everyone is gone that could help. Thanks for the updates on PQ. Sending her the best .

Lav, how are you? There is some serious molting going on in our chicken world, feathers everywhere and naked birds, woo woo.
          Eggs have drop to nil, occasional here and there with a smattering of new hen's little eggs. We got a rooster in the last batch that was not suppose to be in there so maybe a little chicken stew heading our way..

NS, must have been nice visiting your new grandson! Gives you more reasons to go visiting. Interesting comment re internet, I still enjoy getting a letter in the mail, even though it is almost passé. Again, well done on turning 1000! (days, that is)

Pie, sounds like you've got dog days ahead of you. I'm sure you enjoy those precious moments of normalcy when they do occur.

off to do the do
          be well all good friends.
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

NS, I am one grateful granny, honestly!
            Of course they work my butt off but it's all fun. I know all the tricks of the trade so they don't get much past me. Glad you had a chance to get to know your new little guy this past week

Pie, it's been really nice here weather-wise this week & I know it can't last forever. Guess I'll have to take your rain when it arrives! Nice that your Dad was having a good day

Sam, my granddaughter has been running around collecting chicken feathers all week. She wants to take them home with her tomorrow. I'm sure her parents will be appreciative, ha ha! Egg production is slowly improving but after they molt they just never get back into full production. That's just the way it is. I guess they'll be looking at retirement next spring, ha ha.
            I have taken all of my 'accidental' roosters to the Amish guy down the road. He just smiles & says 'thank you'. He knows what to do with them - I can't handle that, ugh. I hope our mild weather continues for a good long while so we can get things done outside, right???!!!

Hello to bear who is on vacation.
            Pauly, where are you today?
            Det, everything OK with you?
            Hi there PQ!
            Anyone else??

Peace to all!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
            X