Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people have lost weight on Topa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wondering if this has helped anyone with losing weight and if so at what point did you notice the change. I am only up to 50 mg now and I still have an appetite. :rolleyes Thanks

If I never ate again I wouldn't care
    I'm at 125

Comment

125 mg not lbs! I've lost quite a bit of weight but not in a good way. It's actually quite depressing frankly.

Comment

I have lost nine pounds so far... the Topa started taking my appetite away at 50 mg. But I think it was a combination of cutting out wine calories too, eating better, drinking more water, FEELING like exercising more days than I had been b/c I didnt have a headache, etc., and the whole combination. I even went off Topa for a month b/c the side effects were interfering too much with my work and I was starting to feel bad during the day, and I still continued to lose weight just doing all the other stuff.

Allie

Comment

Well, this is good news for me as I have packed on about 25 lbs over the past year or so. The last 10 lbs came on fast since getting off the "sauce" and eating again.
          Sorry to hear this is not an added benefit to some....you'll have to make sure you take good care and get some nutrition.
          Thanks for your comments and support. I really feel so much better on this program and its only been about 10 days. I am also going to an acupuncturist which seems to be helping. Best to all of you.

Comment

Allie...did you start taking Topa again or are you still off? I stopped Topa this week because of side effects too but have been drinking more wine. So today I took 50 of Topa again. I am thinking even if I have to stick to 50 it will be better than no Topa because I drink my wine much slower at 50 and don't have any side effects.

Comment

I'm up to 150mg and havn't really lost any weight. I did lose about 5 pounds from being sick and have kept it off but that is it.|I I was hoping to lose more....could stand to lose 30 or 40....

kat

Comment

I lost about 25 pounds -- started losing weight within the first few weeks. It just started melting off without me even noticing. I've been on the program for almost a year and the weight has stayed off. (Very nice benefit!). I went from a size 8 US to a size 2 (and less). I actually had to consciously MAKE myself eat. But then, before I started drinking so much, I was always fairly thin so that might have something to do with it.

Comment

Well, I dont know exactly what this is from. I can NOT say that I dont have an appetite. I really dont think much could damper that. However, my appetite has changed. I definatally dont crave nearly as much junk food. Proteins, fruits and vegtables have never tasted better. But then again since I'm not drinkin beer that could explain it. Not to mention the absence of those calories. So anyway, Day 10, no beer, 50 mg topa, 6lbs loss. We'll see. gabby

Comment

Maggie,
                    I started back on the Topa last week... and now I have lost another two pounds. Like you, I was drinking more off the Topa than I was aiming for at moderation, and too many "slips" where I way overdid it under stress. So I am back on at 50 mg and agree that staying at 50 or 75 mg is better than none at all...

I may never be able to go any higher than that due to side effects, so I will try it again! The weight thing was nice at first, have been trying to get five or six pounds off, but now my husband and daughter are saying I'm "too thin".... is there such a thing?:b

But seriously, I dont want to lose anymore. I tend to not fight off colds, sickness as well if I get underweight. So I will be eating out every night all next week being out of town on business, so maybe I can just enjoy and gain a few?

Allie

Comment

I've lost about 10 lbs ... But I've been on topa since Jan. ... and maybe lost 5 lbs in 4 mo. I think the other 5 lbs is from working in a busy cafe with a lot of milleage on my feet & no time to eat! So the the second 5 lbs(in the past month, i'm pretty sure is from bustin my butt!... & "starvin waitress syndrom"... when ya don't have time to "P", you're definately not taking a "snack" break!:lol :b

Comment

Working...
                      X