the tuesday thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the tuesday thread...

mornin peeps...how are we today then?it is 5.30 am....body clock is shot to .....with changing the clocks back at the weekend ,so thought I would do something..once I am awake thats it ..need to get up!Can hear the rabbits thumping in their hutch,so they are awake too...off to physio for the knee today,,it really is getting better ..just need to take it easy for a while,and yet I want /need to start getting some exercise done.Still having problems with my computers..on both of them the signal strength comes in brilliantly,but then slows down as it gets to either of the machines and times out...I think its the provider service Virgin media as opposed to the puters but my knowledge of this could be written on a stamp!!also thinking of buying a new printer,a wireless one..the other one is getting pretty much past its sell by!
    ok brew time ..and on we go then.....

hiya Pauly ...how was your Monday then?all good?anything happen at work today?or was all good in the land of haircutting..hope you have a good toosdi

hiya Pie ..how are you today then?a sliver threepenny was a coin of currency we used to have.....as it says it was worth three pennies..back in the days when our currency was pounds shillings and pence as opposed to decimal that we have now ....at school I got taught in "old money"...and for people my age and older, we even now revert back converting it in our minds!enough blurb ..what have you been up to ?

hiya Lav .extra brew time...that mustve been some day for you...no kids???you will be lost!!any plans for today?

hey Sam ...hows you mate?all good hopefully...I agree with the you about the surgery..I was going to get mine freed off..up to thee point where I asked the surgeon what the chances of success were ..95% wasthe answer....and the other 5%....you could be paralysed on your left arm....ermmmmmm no ta we will give it a miss!!anything doing today mate?

big shout to all the others,bear,SF det,NS,ppqp,mary jo....

just treid to put some jokes up ..but the machine wont let me in!!!hopefully this posts ..if it does will put some up later
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

success ..managed to get on ..so here we go..

So Smoking will kill you....
    Bacon will kill you...
    but smoking bacon will cure it....

David Cameron has agreed a trade deal with China's Xi Jinping.

Unfortunately, he will have to pay for delivery as he does not live within a three mile radius.

In the light of recent evidence, which states bacon and sausages cause cancer.

I have decided to cut down on reading newspapers.

A Spillers Bakers dog biscuit that was found aboard a life boat from the stricken Titanic has been unveiled in a museum today!!!

What next? Captain Smiths fckin mobile phone?

That's the last time I am going sky diving without my backpack!

I wanted to become a racing driver so I took a crash course.
    It was a normal length course I just wasn't very good at it.

A tourist was admiring the necklace worn by a local Indian.
    "What is it made of?" she asked.
    "Alligator teeth," replied the Indian.
    "I suppose they are as valuable to you as pearls are to us," said the woman.
    "Oh no," said the Indian. "Anyone can open an oyster."
    I phoned the psychic hotline by mistake tonight.

A woman answered and said, "Don't worry, your pizza is on its way."

What do you call an Arab with his hand up a camel's bum?

A mechanic.

think about it!!

An Englishman, a Frenchman, a Spaniard and a German are all standing watching a street performer do some excellent juggling. The juggler notices that the four gentlemen have a very poor view, so he stands up on a large wooden box and calls out, "Can you all see me now?"
    "Yes."
    "Oui."
    "Sí."
    "Ja."

"Don't fecking move!" I shouted at the woman, who was looking in the estate agents window.

I'll leave you with a word of warning. Beware.

Know what I find odd?

About every other number
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

hey Mick good luck with physio,I've always had really good experiences with physio.
      Had a lush spa day yesterday with old girl friends,very relaxing and had reflexology for first time in ages which was lovely.

Today OH is back at work,so just me and cat plan to pop to supermarket to get a few basics I couldn't get at ALDI (only downside is they sell out) they have AF san miguel and bavaria wit beer which I am looking forward to trying.Then cooking dinner and off to the gym,house needs cleaning,decluttering but that is Thursday's job.
      Since starting the meditation I notice how much I have a nagging voice about all of the things I should do,rather than an encouraging one.Then I feel drained and put down so don't want to do any of it so then beat myself up,down to small stuff,flossing,taking make up off at night, cleaning routines,money and direction of my life,how I am as a colleague,partner,friend etc and then I feel totally beat up and like I can't/won't achieve anything.

Anyone else identify with this?I think that's why exercise and meditation is so good for me,it gets me out of my head - like the booze used to,only no down side with exercise and meditation.I've been reading a lot about self compassion,Brene Brown, Kirstin Neff which seems to help too.
      Work keeps floating into my head,dreams so I may call the work counselling line for a chat too.

Off to do meditation,make a green smoothie and to watch some bad daytime TV

Happy Tuesday everyone.
      one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Just lost my post - bummer
        I need to get going so I will check in later.
        Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
          thanks for the brews and the laughs, Mick. Like the juggling one! Glad your knee is getting better, just kneeds time.

Morning Bear. Funny you should mention all the chatter. I think mine is due to the amount of coffee I drink. Ran out on Sunday so was a couple days without and noticed the worries of money, work, time management seem to be not as strong. I do enjoy my morning cup but I should probably have a change to tea in the afternoon/evening. Tea caffeine doesn't seem as strong in the caffeine department, or maybe it is more subtle. I do find when I do a meditation in the AM, I feel calmer.

Lav, hate it when I lose a post, I'm strictly a 2 finger typist. Rain coming your way? We need it so I hope it comes on in.

Be well good friends
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,the jokes were funny haha,Sam,I'm a one thumb typist if that makes you feel better I think Bear that you've hit it on the head as far as the looping thoughts,sheesh sometimes I dream I already went to work and then get irritated when I wake up and realize that I actually have to go,its like pulling 2 shifts in one day haha,hmm,keep ruminating over this series of relapses,very disappointed but I honestly do not think a freight train could've kept me sober during my moms visit, maybe I relapsed in advance to prepare,maybe I didn'twant to blow a long quit so iI drank beforehand,who knows,I really don't know what the key to my sobriety is Pie,where's that life raft picture? I need it,actually I need you guys to strap me to it haha,day 4 sux! Hope everyone has a beautiful Tuesday cuz you all deserve it
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

owie. still alive but didn't do good this weekend. met up with an old party friend from Hawaii which was terribly unwise. still just an excuse.
              back to the drawing board. Pauly I feel that frustration. well, it's day 2 again for moi.
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

We can do this once and for all Det,I'msick if mmaking myself sick unfortunately at the time I drink,I feel great,grrr
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Long busy day here - I am done!!!
                  I picked up the grandsons after school, brought then here for dinner & they didn't leave until 9:15.

Pauly & Det, I really, really want both of you to succeed!
                  You both have to know that nothing changes if nothing changes. AL is never going to be our friend, only the enemy & who needs that soul sucking assh*le in our lives?
                  The next time you get the thought that it would be OK to drink - don't!!! Repeat that over & over until you finally believe & accept that you are non-drinkers.

Rain & wind predicted here Sam - I know Byrdie has had it all day!

Pie - where are you?

Peace to all tonight!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                  X