Wednesday 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday 28th

mornin all ..and how are we today then?all good? is it this weekend the clocks change over there?was awake again this morning at 3.30..got up at 5 ..read my kindle for a wee while..just cant get used to these dark mornings!!
    was at physio yesterday...seems to be making good progress...but guess what ...got a bollocking for doing too much!!penny might drop one day...ok on we go then....

brews all round then?

hiya Lav ..hows you today then?all good ...hey liked the pic of the trainers!!..its pouring down with rain here...just started and both the rabbits are in the conservatory here!!whats on your list for today then ?anything exciting ...apart from halloween goodie bags!!:thumbsup:heres a brew to start the day...

hiya bear ...ows you today then?all good ?..sometimes its better if we dont disect and analyse every single iota that isnt right...we all subscribe to cant be arsed .com at some stage but it doesnt necessarily mean there are fundamental issues..all sorts of things affect us weather climate other peoples moods tasks to do feeling overwhelmed etc. even this lunatic at times gets a dose of cba!!nothing wrong with that ..sometimes you just have to kick yourself out of it... now as for aldi not having all your shopping ...try lidl and home bargains too...

hey Sam ...and hows you today then?all good I hope ....I dont need coffee to make me natter ....pretty good at it anyways!!..are you out on the farms today?have a good one...

hiya pauly and det.....how are you both today then?Ive got to echo Lavs sentiments here ...yep we all think a lot of you ..and def want you both to succeed ..I have just written a long piece on this post 3 times now ...and deleted it ..as it sounded not right and a bit harsh!!all I can say is ..its down to you ...we can help but only you can make the choices..and you can irrespective of how tough it gets or whatever reason you drink for..I aint no preacher...

hiya pie hows you today?all good I hope...

likewise ..hope everyone else is doing good

have a great day

The Daily Mail continued it's tirade against benefits claimants this morning by accusing one Mr Bob Squarepants of sponging.

I was at an important job interview today, and was asked..

"Are you on Facebook?"

"No, I'm not." I replied.

"Are you on Twitter?"

"No."

"Instagram?"

"Nope."

"Look, just put your fcking phone away, will you?!"

When I walked in the house last night my wife went mental, shouting and screaming, "Where the hell have you been?"

I said, "I took the dog for a walk."

"And where is the dog?" She replied.

I said, "He died four years ago."

I know how these modern day football managers feel. It's tough trying to juggle a family and be a successful football manager in this day and age...

You've got the board on your back to get results, your best a player is not happy and wants to leave...

You look to your wife for some support and guidance and she's all like, "Do this, do that... Turn the bloody PlayStation off!"

Riveting - What the Jamaican guy at rowing club calls his canoe.

Police have warned the public not to approach Glenn Picot, a dangerous man who went missing from a hospital late last week.

Shouldn't be too hard, seeing as though he's missing.

"999 emergency services police department, how can I help?"

"A man has broken into my house, he has a gun and has my wife hostage."

"Sorry, sir, but we do not have any units available right now."

"Okay, but someone has just called me a nasty word on Twitter."

"Why didn't you say? We'll have an officer around within five minutes."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick,glad knee is getting better - maybe listen to your physio?

I'm up early after another work anxiety dream,sat with it for a bit and then did a few minor household chores.Today I'm choosing new bathroom from catalogue and cooking something with mushrooms and spinach for dinner,not sure yet but may involve stilton - yum.
    Made some raw choc brownies yesterday from dates,nuts and cacao powder as a healthier choc alternative for when the munchies strike.

I'm feeling pretty good tbh,not sure if yesterday read as though I was on a huge downer,I was trying to say that I was getting more aware of my harsh inner voice so I can change it.
    It feels like emotions I've kept bottled up are starting to come out and I'm getting used to feeling them,realising we all have times like this, then moving on.

I feel like I'm making some kind of progress in seeing exactly where I'm all or nothing,and trying to be kinder to myself. I can get used to feeling my feelings,and that sometimes it's ok to do very little if that feels like the right thing to do - for a bit.

I feel like I need to take things slowly (rather than everything or stop) at the moment so having a pottering day,looking at bathroom,booking GP and optician appointments plus I need to wait in for a parcel then I'm off to the gym later tonight.
    one day at a time

Comment

morning all
      thanks for the brew Mick, yep I like my coffee too, just got to watch my overindulgence, believe when I stopped drinking I substituted the caffeine, went from one direction to another. This direction is a lot more tolerable!! Glad your knee is getting better.

Bear, daily assessment is a good thing, keep it going in a positive direction. I'll be over for dinner, sounds good!

Det and Pauly, up to you, we're here for you but... you know the rest, nuff said

raining here right along so no farm visitation today. FINALLY got plastic on the greenhouse yesterday before it really began to rain. It's all the wife's fault it took so long, couldn't be me. Got another 'veying job lined up, now I got to get someone to help! My old survey partner called the other day, we STILL have a few odds and ends to finish. Now we're both busy with other stuff, it is hard to coordinate a day or two to complete. That's my wife's fault too, what the hell.... she's not awake yet, I can blame her for the dinosaurs dying off.

have a good one everyone.

Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning All,
        Was up before the chickens today for no particular reason. Yes Mick, our clocks fall back first Sunday in November, so this weekend is it. Staying busy with canine care here, and likely off to Dad's today to work on the painting.

No resolution yet in place for internet service after Nov 6, but working on it. Never occurred to me this might be Sam's wife's fault.

Comment

Sam...yep..on top of that its your wife's fault that it :
          is raining here
          Ive got a sore knee
          Garden needs some work
          grass needs cut
          hoovering up needs doing
          polishing as above
          its nearly Christmas
          Ive gotta wait 7 weeks till my holiday
          there is a y in every day of the week

and the list is endless!!
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Hump day morning Abbers!

Dark & damp here too. All the pretty colored leaves are falling off the the trees, oh well.

Mick, today is going to be an exercise & work day for me. No kids today!!! Tomorrow I will be out before 7 am to go hang out with my granddaughter for the day.
            Yesterday was crazy with the boys, especially with the one who passed out standing up, ha ha!!!! OMG, he is too much!!
            Glad to hear your knee is improving, behave yourself!

Bear, there's really no need to pressure ourselves. The rest of the world is ready & anxious to do that for us! Be nice to yourself, always

Sam, your wife seems to have a lot of power, good for her, ha ha!!!!
            I hope you have a great day!

Pie, I've been awake extra eatly the past few mornings too. I guess we are all affected one way or the other by the time changes.
            I sure hope you get your internet service straightened out in time.

Hello to everyone, I will try to check in later.
            Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Pie I think we had the same internet provider cuz ours said they were going out of business Nov6 too,so now I have faster service but hate the company cuz dealing with them in the past our bill for cable,internet,phone( back when we had a landline) was always fluctuating, I hated that cuz I like to budget out what I need to pay,Mick,you shoulda just posted the harsh post,maybe its time but its ok,you guys aren't babysitters,its up to us,hello to all hope everyone has a nice day
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Pauly and Det - I listened to this today and thought of you both

Do we keep the same playmates in sobriety? In this episode, Holly and Laura break down their experience with friendships, and how they changed (or didn't) once the booze was gone. Music by Radiation

if the link doesn't work it's home podcast on soundcloud Holly Whittaker and Laura Mcleod.

just posting this in case it helps anyone,I find their approach really helpful - Holly's sobriety blog is Hip Sobriety and Laura's is 'I fly at night'

Episode 8 is about relapse and I found it very helpful - sending you both positive thoughts.
                one day at a time

Comment

Hey Pauly, I do enough babysitting around home, as you well know, ha ha!
                  I have never thought of encouraging folks here as babysitting in any way, shape or form.
                  Every single person here needs to find the best way for them. I figure if we keep throwing ideas out there sooner or later something will work, right?

Hi there Bear!

I am up & out before 7 am to go spend the day with my granddaughter. I will check in when I can. Have a super nice AF Thursday everyone.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

hey ABsters, much better day happy to say. home, eating healthy things, deep conversations with Dx and doing a lot of soul searching.

Pauly, yes indeed we can will and ARE doing this if we want it bad enough.

Bear thanks for the link, will check it out.

I found some youtube vid's by a really inspirational fellow named Vishen Lakhiani

thanks one and all for the support....off to be healthy and get some good sleep.

be well
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Det!!! Hello, cannot believe you are back too! This is a tough one isn't it? BTW I was startingover

Hi everyone, sorry to barge in on your thread, just so happy to see an old face around. Hope you are all doing great today xx

Comment

hey there,welcome back - and everyone is welcome.
                        one day at a time

Comment

Thanks Bear73 I remember you too. Hope all is good?

Comment

Starty! wowsers, always good when old friends come back
                            nosce te ipsum
                            (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                            X