Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frydai firteeoff (30th)

Morning all
    wow, fred not started!!! maybe everyone's carving their pumpkins or sumpkin. Off to work early. Lovely day here, colors are outrageous. I want to take a motorcycle ride but can't find the thyme. What's up that??!!

Glad you're getting some rain Det. good to see you check in.

be well good friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

hiya peeps ...at the mo quick break from the painting...going to go out for tea once this lot is done...hope everyone is well...

After my first five sessions of therapy, my shrink said he thinks I'll only need five more sessions and I'll be cured of my random impulses to shout out lyrics from Bon Jovi songs.

Woah! We're halfway there...

I've sacked my tennis doubles partner.

I told him his services were no longer required.

Women are looking for two things in a man; his own home and his own car.

And I tick both boxes, I live in my car.

There are fears of riots and violence over a smoking ban in prisons, with the Government saying the idea is to protect the health of inmates and staff.

The issue could be resolved easily by erecting designated smoking huts just outside the prison premises.

On a long, boring train journey from London to Edinburgh, I decided to crack open some beers and read my magazines.

To my surprise, the police boarded at the next stop and arrested me.

"I thought it was OK to have a drink on the train", I said to the cop.

He replied, "Yeah it is, just not when you're driving it."

Here are just a few of the amazing advantages from owning a company car:

- It accelerates at a phenomenal rate;
    - It has a much shorter braking distance than your private car;
    - It takes speed bumps at twice the speed of private cars;
    - The battery, radiator water, oil and tyres never have to be checked;
    - It can always be driven to your destination, even with the oil warning light flashing;
    - It doesn't need cleaning at all, unlike private cars;
    - The suspension is reinforced to allow for the weekend loads of bricks, concrete slabs and other building material including trips to the rubbish tip;
    - Unusual and alarming engine noises are easily eliminated by turning up the radio;
    - It needs no security system and may be left anywhere, unlocked and with the keys in the ignition; and
    - It has special food and drink resistant seat material unlike a private car.

I don't think Kim Jong-Un is the problem. I'm worried about his military advisors Kil Yan Kee, Noo Kem, Chu Tem and Wi Kan Win.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Morning All,

Hope you manage to fit in a motorcycle ride, Sam. Finished painting out at Dad's, so now just need to put the room back together. Maybe today or tomorrow. I used a very nice, but heavy 18" roller and extension stick. Speeds the work, but takes a toll on neck and shoulders. Ah, the joys of getting older. Pauly, FreedomPop is my internet provider, and yesterday they emailed that the replacement modem/router I need is on back-order. Pretty much anticipating internet outage here for awhile, so don't be surprised to see me checking in from my phone as Pie2.

Happy Halloween Eve!

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Friday too

Sam, the leaf colors are better than I expected. I hope you find thyme for a ride this weekend!!!

Mick & Pie, Insuddenly feel the need to paint something, ha ha!!
        Glad you are both busy &!staying out of trouble

Hi there Det, good to see you.

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a wonderful AF day!
        I'm off to Curves!!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam,you should take some pics of the fall colors for us Pie,we shall embrace Pie2 with open arms haha,Mick,I think I told yyou about my tomato plant?well its got cute little green tomatoes starting to grow!!!! I was out back smoking and looked close at it and there they were,I'm excited, it almost reminds me of my sobriety,sure there's some dead spots but there's also new life growing bougie is blooming too,my coworker wants us to dress up tomorrow for work,meh,I feel like if I do then I'll be the only one and feel stupid but I don't wanna be a party pooper either, we shall see,hello to Lav,Det,Bear,PQ,NS,SF and all the readers
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hello everyone, planning another day in house,put summer clothes away and got winter wollies out of the loft.I fancy a cosy evening in,just feel like staying in and reading a book,chilling with TV,maybe bubble hour.

I saw friends Monday and may see people at weekend so feeling like it's what I want to do,rather than me isolating myself and not acting in my own interests.
            Spoke to work counselling line and felt a little better about going back Monday,they felt that I need to look after myself and be gentle with myself and trust that I know what I need - and congratulate myself for what I have achieved. I do feel rested which is a relief and that i am learning to take care of myself - wobbly step by wobbly step.

I may do a yoga dvd later, or pop for a quick walk round the park - rather than focus on hitting gym.Feeling like have got bit of a temperature and a bit sweaty/clammy today.Feels weird to be thinking of walking as exercise,I know that a bit of fresh air and some greenery will be good for me.

I've planned to not be on internet today apart from posting here and other sobriety website.
            Taking a day off facebook.

Not much else to say really today.

Cooking more healthy food later and cleaning floors.
            one day at a time

Comment

Working...
            X