Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would someone please pass the `VA-VA-VOOOOOOOM`!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

o

Star, You are probably experiencing some of the mild psychological symptoms which are listed on this site: Symptoms of Alcohol Withdrawal
    I think I experienced all of them and still am to some extent. I'm having a difficult time focusing on work.

Hope this helps

Melissa
    If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Maybe it's a good thing and you are allowing your body to rest and recover and you are taking care of yourself. Ripley had recommended Smart drugs / Nootropics from Nubrain.com and I ordered some stuff from there that really put a pep back in my step which was nice. The memory enhancer is great.

Congrats on day 4.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Sometime your body makes you do things like crave oranges because you are vitamin c deficient, so rest if your body tells you to.

If it gets so bad that you don't wanna go out after a couple of days then start worrying, or if your symptoms worsen try and see your doctor, but at the moment don't worry. Eat well, don't drink (or too much) just water, juice etc, keep up with any supps you are on.

Keep checking in with us for support.
        Love ya
        Diamond x
        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Alcohol withdrawl.. it's never fun. It sometimes take a bit for it to pass, you're body is being denied something it always had. Like everyone said, eat well, take your vitamins and such and may be treat youself to something nice as a treat for being so good to yourself.

Comment

Hi Starlight, well done on your AF days. Think you bod is just catching up with itself, that happens to me in the first few days too. Hang in there and keep posting your progress, looking forward to hearing how you are doing.

L
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Dear Starlight: When I'm drinking I get a lot done. I think I try to compensate. When I'm AF, I can let down my guard. I've also noticed that when I'm AF for a period of time, I get into a lot of snacking. I think things will level off for you. Mary
              Wisdom, Courage, Strength
              October 3, 2012

Comment

Hi Starlight,

Whenever I go AF, I am always very tired and unfocused the first week or so. It's not really conscious, but all my energy is really going into staying alcohol free, and my body is getting used to it too. I feel like I could sleep 12 hours a night, and it still wouldn't be quite enough. I just keep up with the stuff I MUST get done (work, bills, eating, etc.)

Things get better in Week 2, and I get bored and thus, become more productive again at about 1 1/2 weeks-2 weeks. Give it time!

Definitely keep up the supps and vitamins. My shrink even gave me an Rx for a good B complex. It's hard work at first to be Abs, so be kind to yourself!

Good luck!

Kathy
                AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Nothing to add really, just that I am REALLY proud of you and your AF days. You are doing great!!!! Keep it up and you will feel better soon.
                  Learning to live life on the outside of a bottle. :flower:

Comment

There you are, just posted I thought I'd lost you! I'm sooooo proud of you, I didn't make it AF with you, I kinda pooped out after the cancer thing passed, and felt like a dishrag, so I stayed on mods til energy came back, after Irish's post, thats probably just an excuse...lol...but, I'm rallying now, so I'm with ya starting today....going to Mormon DIL's anyway for the weekend, I'd be in big time trouble if I was caught in the wine....lol....maybe I should join up in the church huh....(naw, I think I'll just stay Baptist, we're supposed to be as opposed to drinking, but then again, we're not supposed to dance either...I think that's cuz someone would think we were having sex standing up tho!)...lol...Anyway, you are doing great, and yep, the week I was AF, I felt kinda pooped out, its just withdrawls, and your physical/mental/emotional self adjusting....Bear mentioned it too...are you on Topa?....It makes me kinda tired out too....Anyway, way to go, I'll join you now, promise!
                    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending"

Comment

Starlight, the vavoom thing is small potatoes compared to how much you've accomplished....you should be proud BIGTIME!! the vavoom part will fix itself soon enough.
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                      X