Sat 31st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sat 31st

mornin all ...and howare we doing today then? good ?so who is out trick or treating?:congratulatory:not a bad morning over here...the rabbits are out playing ..in fact zeuss has just been in the front room trying his level best to destroy a cushion..oops! out early doors tomorrow ...think its Leicestershire we are going to..its byrdies birfday today so Ive put a fred up if anyone wants to "sign it"

brew time..here we go .....

hiya bear...hows you today then?feeling good ?what did you do yesterday?..not wishing you wrong...but I hope putting the summer clothes away on your part was a big mistake...we want sunshine!!!

hey pauly..hows you then?are you dressed up for the day then?little tomatoes growing ...and the bougie ...?you need to let me see the bougie..mine is a stick at the mo..but it will come back...good analogy about the sobriety tho ..it would have been quite easy instead of looking after it to just go ah feck it ..and buy anothr plant..but instead by looking after it ,its beginning to flourish..

hiya Lav...hows you today then?all good ? quiet day yesterday?oh well heres a lazy day brew....

hiya pie ...and how are you today then?hows the aches and pains?painting done too?I had an idea yesterday too ...was going to get an old wooden crate ..like the old delivery crates and mess about with it and make a tile topped table ..cant find a suitable one and the ones I did see they were charging for them!!doesnt fit into my pattern!!so I will keep looking

hiya Sam...did you get out on the bike yesterday?as you say the autumn colours are luvverly ..you any plans for the weekend?

hiya ns ..hows you doing? likewise SF and Det...

hi ppqp...you doing ok too?

right folks have an ace trick or treat ...

In the recent news, 'Maths scores of American students drop for first time since 1990'.

Or as American students put it, "Since eight years ago."

I was telling my mate that I'd had fresh tuna steaks for my tea.
    He said "You should be careful eating that as it's full of mercury".
    "Funny you should say that" I said, "I thought my temperature had gone up"

A job interview is all about confidence.

So I swaggered in a day late.

I walked up to a guy at Halloween party last night and said, "You look fantastic, where did you get those teeth?"

"I was born with them." he replied.

I run a religious cliff diving company.

Prophets are plummeting.

I was coming out of Walmart earlier when a woman walked up to me and waved a charity box right in my face.

How rude!

I waved ten bux in her face and walked off.

I can't take Scientology seriously. It's the belief that humans were brought to earth by aliens on a spaceship carried by two massive lizards, which landed in a volcano and dispersed humans throughout the world. Then the aliens take off, and the lizards go and hide under the sea in massive caves.

Add two Italian plumbers to that and you've got the first five levels of Super Mario!

I was in the corner shop trying to buy some tea, but I could only find that instant crap
    I asked the shopkeeper, "Excuse me pal, do you have any proper tea?"
    He replied, "Yes, I have four houses and this shop why?"

When I was a toddler, my parents would always say, "Excuse my French" just after a swear word.

I'll never forget the first day at school when my teacher asked if any of us knew any French.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hey Mick good morning,good old pets trashing the place,my cat spent a good while pulling up the bedroom carpet last night!
    I've kept a few summer bits out so fingers crossed

I've been lazing,cooking, went for a slow walk in the park yesterday rather than gyming it(progress right??) ,spoke to work counselling line as was feeling all stressed about going back to work on Monday.

Really helpful - realised that I was trying to change others reactions, (my managers' and the gossips), and that I hadn't praised myself for a job well done,and was looking for others for permission too much - ' have i done a good job, am i good enough,' even ' should i stay in or go out tonight,is having a few days alone a sign of depression or of looking after me'

I realised how much of my thinking is all or nothing (if I stay in tonight I'm isolating myself like my mum and I'll get stuck like that forever),that I don't take care of me,comfort myself when things are bad - just push myself to keep going.I can see why booze was a temporary solution - to quote Homer Simspon!Felt like I've needed to spend this week,chilling,sorting house out,healthy routines out - and sorting my head out.

Today I'm hanging out with cat and OH,off to yoga then lunch then cinema,followed by chips and curry sauce then book and bubble bath/trash tv.
    Be well everyone - happy to be sober and working this stuff out.
    one day at a time

Comment

morning all
      a little cooler this AM, not bike ride yet but I'm scheming one in the near future. Planets and ll that stuff have to align jest right.
      Thanks for the brew, Mick. Couple of jollies got me chuckling, not a bad way to start a day.

morning Bear, trash TV, eh?? now they've got a new rating for some TV called XYZ, but it is only in 3D!!! :egad::egad:

the to do list grew once the wife woke up.... off to it
      have a good Saturday all. Pauly, I'll try to remember a photo of fall
      Sam
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Morning all,

Stormy night made for unsettled dogs and broken sleep for us all. Did I mention there's 6 of 'em here right now? They're all back sleeping now after breakfast, and that's looking like a great idea for me as well. Rain is supposed to clear off this afternoon.

Mick, I agree it's more fun to work with a salvaged piece, than a purchased one. Hope you find something interesting to transform.

Planning to visit Dad today. Will just have to see if it stops raining.

Comment

Good morning Abbers & Happy Halloween

Frosty but sunny here this morning. Should be a good evening for the trick-or-treaters.

I just dropped off some birdie cake pops for our friend Byrdie's birthday party thread. Thanks for starting it up.
          No lazy time for me this weekend. I have dog hair piling up around here & I need to do more craft work for next week's craft sale - busy, busy, ha ha!!

Hello to Sam, bear, Pie & everyone stopping by today.
          Have a fun but safe AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,I'll put pics of the tomatoes and bougie on Facebook later,I love the joke about the Halloween teeth ,I've seen some of those before haha,Bear,I swear we're so alike in a lot of ways,on my Fridays off,I always felt the need to go,go,go,and if I sat around I'd feel like a loser,now I've been trying to get my running around done in the morning and plant my ass on the couch for"sex and the city" reruns,it makes me happy and its something that I want to do,I used to get anxiety if I missed working out,now I'm trying to focus on how I feel instead of forcing myself to do it,not being a total sloth but also not pushing myself to the overwhelmed limit either, think that's been a downfall for me,decided not to dress up,texts those bitches last night and of course the group I work with today arent ,so I would have been the only one,there's 2 I work with today that I've told you guys I hate working with, such negative women!there's rumor of them switching shops,I wish they would, that would make me soooo happy but I doubt they'll leave,I miss PQ hello Sam,Lav,Pie,don't you hate how the dogs keep us up all night then doze all day? Brats! NS,Det,SF,Maryjo if you're still around,I have on my Happy Halloween T-shirt and a smile, much love to al
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Much love to ALL,NOT AL!!!!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Halloween, Abbers!

This has never been my favorite holiday, especially after kids grew up and there was no reason to make fun costumes. I did a simple but cute one for my grandson this year so some of the fun is back. He's too little to eat candy so we won't have to deal with sugar overdoses!

I love making something new out of discarded or out of fashion stuff. One time I reworked the old, out-of-date jewelry of a woman who had died into pieces her daughters and granddaughters would have as memories and that they would enjoy wearing. It was a really challenging and rewarding project.

Take good care of yourselves - we're all worth it! NS

Comment

What costume did you make NS? Louie picked out a dinosaur thingie

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                    Happy Halloween, Abbers!

This has never been my favorite holiday, especially after kids grew up and there was no reason to make fun costumes. I did a simple but cute one for my grandson this year so some of the fun is back. He's too little to eat candy so we won't have to deal with sugar overdoses!

I love making something new out of discarded or out of fashion stuff. One time I reworked the old, out-of-date jewelry of a woman who had died into pieces her daughters and granddaughters would have as memories and that they would enjoy wearing. It was a really challenging and rewarding project.

Take good care of yourselves - we're all worth it! NS
                    I love hearing how members end up doing such creative things with their time when AL is out the window.

Addy~
                    "Control your destiny or somebody else will" ~Jack Welsh~

God didn't give you the strength to get back on your feet, so that you can run back to the same thing that knocked you down.

But that was yesterday, and I was a different person then. ~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by paulywogg View Post
                      What costume did you make NS? Louie picked out a dinosaur thingie
                      He's quite the round-head naturally so we went with Charlie Brown :smile:. Just had to add that ziz-zag black stripe to a yellow shirt, add black sweatpants, and find a small stuffed Snoopy.

Did you make the dino costume or was that easy to find in the stores?

Comment

I love hearing how members end up doing such creative things with their time when AL is out the window.
                        It's funny, Addy, but I did a lot before but in sort of a desperate-to-prove-I-was-ok sort of way. Now (when I have time!) to be creative, it's much more fun. I do what I want to do at the time, am no longer selling my stuff very often, and am not trying to prove how talented or artistic or fine I am to anyone, including myself. Such a relief.

Comment

Working...
                        X