Amazed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazed

I am an absolute Newbie (found site and signed on yesterday) and have spent most of the last two days just reading and reading. This is soooo different from other sites, nobody judges, everybody seems good-humoured and compassionate and there is such a wealth of experience and intelligence.

I checked out some other 'alcoholism/problem drinking/whatever your definition is' sites before. Some of those approaches might work for some people but there's no way they would work for me. 'God, guilt, no control' - the sheer brutality of it was quite staggering. Add to that artificial 'hugs' - not from anybody who knows you or knows anything about you (I hadn't said anything about myself, just signed on!) and it becomes positively creepy. I think it's perfectly ok to be hugged when you express feeling shitty in a post, I even appreciate and like it. But to be hugged for joining a site? To have a competition going about who gives the most hugs?

Sorry just had to get that off my chest - it really shocked me. By the way I have no problem with people being religious, just as long as they don't have a problem with me not being religious. Loved the Buddhism thread - it's everything to all people - it can be a religion, a philosophy, psychology....

I try to meditate and to go with mindfulness but it goes so very much against everything I've been brought up with - it's hard.

So, I'm really, really glad I found you.

Take care
    uda

Amazed

Hi Uda! Welcome, this site is great. No judgement just good people!

Comment

Amazed

Welcome Uda,

this is a great place. Glad you found us.

Keep reading and posting and look forward to getting to know you.

Comment

Amazed

Its a good place I agree!! Thats why most of us are still here
        It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.
        James Gordon, M.D.

Comment

Amazed

Uda, that's why I am still here. Glad you found us. No one judges or imposes their own beliefs, they all just accept and support. Stick around.
          "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Amazed

Uda,

Like you, I was looking for people who didn't judge our push "relgiion."

None of these people do. Please join all of us, we care!! All any of us care about is you!!.

A "newbie" like you.

Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Amazed

Hello Uda

So glad you found this site. This is the most interesting mixture of people you will ever meet in your life. It's like being at a world wide cocktail party (without the cocktails) with people of all backgrounds, beliefs and whatever else you can think of. That's why we all have so much fun together. Stopping drinking is very serious business here - but we laugh (and cry) together while we do it.

:welcome:
              Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Amazed

Yeah, i like it too. I was getting ready to go to AA and i decided to do a quick check of the net, just about at my whits end.

I've got to say though, i found this one straight away, no creepy hug sites... Sometimes i am so lucky
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Amazed

Welcome Uda, glad you decided to join us.

Comment

Amazed

UdA, i am knew also! I have been lurking around since March. I read the book first and found it on Amazon and read it, then found out about this wonderful site. We can all support each other and there's no judgement here. It's a great site to read and post. Welcome!

Comment

Amazed

Uda, ditto on everything you said and ditto on everything the others said. Welcome and please stick around. We pull each other through the tough times, cheer each other up, give support, get support, and have a lot of fun. We discuss all kinds of topics (not always alcohol related) and learn from each other. For many of us this site has become our new addiction-- a great replacement for alcohol! Hope it works for you too.
                      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Amazed

Hi Uda,
                        welcome to the site

I am religious but don't push it at people, and I understand how it feels when people do it to me when they don't know my own beliefs already.
                        I don't mind telling people I love(luv) them but mainly if theres a need.
                        I only give hugs if they are down hearted.
                        This is all weird because in my 'real' 'physical' life I don't hug people or tell them I love them cos I was brought up that that is cissy all that lovey dovey stuff, so what I'm trying to say is I do understand.

Big hugs and lots of kisses and love xxxxx to YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
                        I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
                        I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Amazed

Thank you all of you and Diamond, you cracked me up! Had to go for a wee before being able to reply.

Really looking forward to getting to know all of you better.

uda

Comment

Amazed

Hi Uda, welcome, you hit the nail on the head with your initial thoughts, looking forward to getting to 'know' you on the site.

L
                            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Amazed

Glad to see you on board Uba... but no hugs from me!

Ohhh... c'mon... just one incy wincy - *hug*

Scoobs
                              :heart: Sobriety - Keep it simple :heart:

Comment

Working...
                              X