wensdi the 4th............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wensdi the 4th............

hiya folks.......hows we all today then?good I hope..I didnt feel too clever yesterday bad stomach etc and went to bad at 830 last night...feel ok today tho..got a message from ppqp...there is a lot going on in her life at the mo both domestic and work....but she says a big hi to everybody and will be back real soon....also...definitely not drinking ,despite all the issues.....so thats good news....

right brew time it is....

hiya SF.......long time no see...glad things are doing ok for you...yes face to face is good ..Ive never had a problem with that, wherever possible, but sometimes tinternet is the only way to keep in touch and keep things going...wish you well..pop in when you can...

hey Sam...nowt wrong with a walk down memory lane!!its strange though how quick things change...for me the past is probably the 60s early 70s...the 80s and 90s dont seem that far back, and yet you look at some writings and programmes etc.."back in the 80s when we used to do this"it doesnt really compute in my head ....does that make sense or am I woffling??

pauly....tell you what...I certainly dont think the wicked witches contribute in any way shape or form to your well being..think if that was me ..I would be taking a scoping assessment of my employment in the current and foreseeable future within the parameters of my present surroundings and take into account the risk of injury to either or both parties........
    Sounds good eh?..in a nutshell it means get to feck out of it before I batter one of them!! :congratulatory: you talked previously about going/doing something else...mebbe the time has come???

pie ..thank goodness ..mamaged to get hold of you!dont know why I did it but coupla weeks ago I put some money into your bank account ...silly mistake ..meant to put it in mine..could you send it back please so thta i can rectify the error????did the puppies go back?my friends little terrier has just had pups..they are really cute and full of energy...as for the isolation..I thikn we all go through that at times...but it has its good points...doesnt cost much to go for a meal you can win or lose arguments ..(you choose) .if you want to eat your tea standing in a bath then you can,see all good points:thumbsup:

hi bear hows you today then?all ok where you are?think there is a fine line where adrenaline turns into stress....it always helps if you enjoy what you are doing too tho....

hey Lav ...hows you then today?all doing well?so your apprentice is big tomorrow?heres a brew to get you on the way...how did the craft sale go?was it just sort of baking sewing etc or other things too?

hiya Ns ..Det etc hope you are ok.....

right folks goodly bye

My wife phoned me, panting and breathless.

"Where are you?" she moaned.

"I'm at the pub." I replied.

She said, "I think the baby's coming!"

I said, "She won't get in, she's under-age."

Had a boiled egg and soldiers for breakfast this morning.

All was going well until the French one surrendered.

After losing one hand in an accident, I thought I'd never work again.

Then I saw a job advertised, Wanted, one handyman.

I walked into a pub in Glasgow. It was rough as fck.

Even the arms on the chairs had tattoos on them.

I'm a member of Paranoids Anonymous.

We never meet in case anybody finds out.

I was reading this guy's paper on the bus today, he kept turning the page and I couldn't keep up.

Almost sprained my ankle running alongside it too.

As I squeezed tomato ketchup and brown sauce all over my breakfast, my wife looked at me and said, "That's disgusting."

"It adds more flavour," I replied, "Everybody does it."

"Not on cornflakes they don't."

I looked after my gran's place while she was away.

She came back today and rang me up: "Why is the cat in the birdcage and where is the budgie?"

I said, "Technically speaking gran, the budgie's still in the cage."

here you go....

Last edited by Mick; November 4, 2015, 03:48 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all
    Mick hope the willies have left the stomach. Something you ate?? Yep, I tend wander down memory lane in the fall. 70's more my era. My grandpa died in 64 so I was 9 years old at the time, but I remember the visits to his farm like yesterday for some reason. Clothing and cars really date programs or movies. Just watched the second Pink Panther movie the other night, that's what came to mind.

Nice cool morning here. got a fiddle lesson this afternoon, looking forward to it. off to enjoy the day, hope everyone is doing the same.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Good Wednesday morning Abbers!

Thanks for the coffee Mick, much needed.
      I think I was awake more than I actually slept last night for no real reason, oh well.
      The craft sale is a week long thing which gives everyone a chance to pop in when they can. At the end of the week we pack up the leftovers & count the $$

Sam, like most of us aging folks, I have an excellent long term memory. It's the short term memory that seriously sucks, ha ha!!
      I'm aware of it & do everything I can to avoid disasters. When I light a candle or put something on the stove to cook I set timers. My iPhone helps remind me of potential dangers!!!
      Hope you have a great day!

Good to see you SF & glad to hear you have found a good source of support

Hi there PQ!

Hello to Pie, bear, Pauly, NS, Det & anyone dropping by today!
      Have a wonderful AF day everyone!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,the video was hilarious haha!! I'm glad to hear PQ is ok,I knew she wouldn't be drinking,never crossed my mind I know I need to look into school or something, sheesh I've been saying that for how long? Just getting off my lazy arse and doing it is a whole other story,then the money,time,what do I want to do,etc,my tummy was wonky a bit yesterday too,but it was my fault cuz I was nibbling on some leftover chicken wings and then realized they were 4 days old!duh,Sam,I was a 70's baby so most of my memories are from the 80's and a lot of those clothes made a comeback so I don't feel too old haha,it is weird when you watch an old movie/show and the people are smoking wherever though,looks odd in this day and age,SF,glad you checked in sounds like you really enjoy your group,I say whatever it takes to enrich ourselves is a plus,I need to do that too,I've thought of AA,the counselor again,church but I dunno,take care Det,check in! Hello Lav,Pie,NS,Bear hope we all have a nice Wednesday, P.S Mick,will you be adopting a terrier? You seem like a total dog person to me
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE All, Happy to say that the missing deposit was posted to my account yesterday. No phone call from the bank, so I don't know what happened, but glad to see the funds in place.

Now Mick, about that money you put in my account, I bought a plane ticket with it so you could fly to Vegas and take care of those mean girls that Pauly works with.

Hi Sam, Lav, Bear, SF, Det, and others stopping by.

Comment

heya just popping in,long stressy day at work,with some supportive conversations with colleagues and topped off with a really enjoyable yoga class,dhal and some chocolate.

I like my job,what it is meant to do,just need to find a better way of working with ambiguous line managers. I could leave what is essentially a nice company, to go to a bad one - there are arseholes in every line of work. These aren't arseholes either,nice people who are just being very frustrating and we are in a tricky financial situation/under pressure. This will get better.

I'm feeling like things are on the way up,yoga and mindfulness helping me order thoughts,be gentler to myself and others.I'm still getting really angry,anxious - I'm bouncing back quicker though rather than staying in that state.This is small progress.
            Tomorrow is massage after work and chilling out.Have a lovely evening everyone.
            one day at a time

Comment

Hi all, this is the first time I've logged in for awhile.
              Lots going on, as Mick said.
              Just wanted to let you know my Dad passed away early Tuesday morning.
              Been a bit of a whirl wind around here and hoping everything is back to normal next week.
              Been thinking of you all and looking forward to catching up soon.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Sorry about your dad passing PPQP my thoughts are with you
                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I'm sorry your dad passed away, PPQP, and hope you have some good memories to comfort you. You've been missed around here :hug:.

Comment

Hey PQ, so sorry to hear this sad news of your dad. :hug:

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Dad PQ :hug:
                      We have all been thinking about you with much love & concern.
                      Take care of yourself.
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

lots of love PQ - sending you love xx
                        one day at a time

Comment

Sorry to hear this sad news PPQ.

Take care of yourself. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                          X