Saturday 7th November..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday 7th November..

morning people..and how are we today then?pouring down with rain at the moment here,plus we had bonfires last night for Guy Fawkes,and the same again tonight ,so there is quite a smog around...
    was looking at this thread ,the people that use it ,and the number of posts........pretty low at the moment in comparison to most of the other threads...so what are we doing that isnt in with keeping?its quite a long time since we had a new member on here ..and then they tend to do one elsewhere..any ideas folks? how or what can ws do to make it more interesting...

brew time then....

hiya pie ....so has the coin been flipped as to whether the noodie professor is arriving or not ...(need to be reeely careful with innuendo and some words!!)

hiya Sam...reposted the pic ..looks ok now ...do you want some rain ..we have got plenty going spare here!!

hiya Lav...hows you then?here you go ..brew time......yep the plans in my head change daily about this table...also into the wood burning idea ...fancy a dabble at that

hey pauly hows you today then?feeling less tired?hope so

big hi to those not here ...NS Det ppqp etc ..have a good one...

I stumbled up to the bar.

"I'm not serving you," said the barman.

"Why not?!" I asked.

"Too drunk." he replied.

I said, "Sober up then

A middle-aged frumpy couple return to a Mercedes dealership where the salesman has just sold the car they were interested in to a beautiful, leggy, busty blonde.
    "I thought you said you would hold that car till we raised the £75,000 asking price," said the man. "Yet I just heard you close the deal for £65, 000 to the lovely young lady there. You insisted there could be no discount on this model."
    "Well, what can I tell you? She had the ready cash and, just look at her, how could I resist?" replied the grinning salesman.
    Just then the young woman approached the middle-aged couple and gave them the keys.
    "There you go," she said. "I told you I would get the clown to reduce it. See you later, dad."

It is hard to understand how a cemetery raised its burial cost and blamed it on the cost of living!

Holidaymakers are returning from Sharm El Sheik, they've only got hand luggage with them, they'll get the rest of the luggage in about 10 days.

So it's business as usual for Easyjet then......

I phoned the ladder company five times without anyone answering.

It just rung and rung.

I was just setting up my new DJ decks when my wife walked in, "What do you think you're doing?" she asked.

"Setting up my new decks," I replied.

"Not in fucking here you're not," She said kicking off, "this is the kids bedroom."

"Can I put them in the shed then?" I asked.

"Of course you can, you daft sod." She replied. "You don't have to ask."

"Great!" I replied shouting down the stairs, "kids you're sleeping in the shed from now on."

"So Paddy, where do you see yourself in 5 years time?" asked the interviewer.

"I can't answer that," replied Paddy.

"Why not?"

"I forgot my glasses."

Sepp Blatter has suffered a medical emergency. He's contracted blood poisoning from the dirty money in his wallet.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hi, Mick

There must be a reason for it, but the daily format makes it tough for me to keep up (and sometimes hard to find). I don't make it to this thread everyday and even when I'm on a roll, I don't see the posts after mine from the day before unless I take the time to find the previous day's thread and I'm often too lazy to do that. So... I'm sure I miss a lot and don't respond to things I would have if I'd read them. If it were a weekly or monthly thread, I'd read everything that had been written since the last time I'd posted - even if a couple days had elapsed. The Army thread adopted a weekly format which makes participating there now and then easier than when it was a daily thread in spite of my time difference from most people who post there.

I just just reread that and it comes down to my being lazy and not really participating in the conversations that keep a thread thriving.

Have a great weekend, Abbers! NS

Comment

hi there - tbh I'm mad busy atm,maybe it's just that going on for people,people finding their group elsewhere.
      Off out in a bit to see friends in a bit for afternoon tea and then back to watch amy winehouse film, good deterrent if ever there was one ,leftover curry yum.
      happy saturday.
      one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

It's Saturday, cloudy but mild outside so no complaints!
        Today is the start of my winter CSA farm share & the weekly pick up of a big box of Amish grown veggies. It's the small things that make me happy

Mick, all I can say is that checking in here daily has become habit to me, not a chore. I am truly interested in hearing what everyone is doing, how they are doing & all that. Maybe we just need to step out & do some recruiting??
        Good luck with your wood burning practice - BE CAREFUL!!

Hello NS!
        I doubt that you are lazy - busy is more like it I think
        I hope you have a great weekend!

bear, sounds like you have a good, laid back day planned, nice!

I've just been asked to watch my grandsons this evening so I will postpone any house cleaning activities that I was considering, ha ha!!
        Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all
          another beautiful fall day, won't be long till the leaves will be gone. The maples are really outstanding. Yesterday got interrupted
          having to pull another calf, methinks I'm getting rid of this bull. It was a pretty good size calf. It lived (so far). Thank goodness my son was around to help and the weather was warm.

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1544.jpg

Mick, enjoyed the cost of living joke. Reminds me of the "drive on the parkway, park in the driveway". I peeked in last night before shutting down, saw the picture of the piggies... they're like puppies almost. They look very snug in that clean straw.

Hey NS, how's Charlie Brown doing?? See him often? hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

Bear, sounds like a good day ahead for you. Curry is delicious!

Lav, grandkid duties... no sense in cleaning!! enjoy!!

playing music at an art tour today, going to check on the animules.
          enjoy the day!!
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Mick,when you look at the other threads there's about the same amount of posters steppers has about 8,army has about the same,gloamers a few less than that,some post regularly and some just check in here and there,also everyone here usually only check in once a day, the other threads post throughout the day,maybe we could do a weekly thread? Sometimes I miss Det,SF or PQ's posts cuz they tend to post later,if we were weekly we could keep up better maybe,Sam,love the sideways cows I tried to change my avatar and it pulled that sideways business,Kellie got fired yesterday: ( she's been dealing with anxiety really bad lately and I guess customers were noticing, IMO I think the pain killers and muscle relaxers prescribed for her disc disease in her back are the culprit,I can't take meds,maybe she's the same,so she quite the meds 2 weeks ago,now I think she's having a bit of withdrawal maybe,jeez,she's ok though she'll find something, much love to all and I hope we all have a great Saturday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi all, looks like internet service has been discontinued. I read there was to be a 90 day extension, but perhaps not in this market? I too would prefer a weekly or monthly format, but will continue to post here whatever you decide. At least as best as I can from phone for now.
              Mick, no noodies arriving or coming here! You sure made me laugh!

Comment

Working...
              X