thursday 19th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thursday 19th

mae all ...and how are we today then?all well?we are now in the middle of Barney I think its called,hope we dont have to go thru the alphabet until this crap weather is finished!!...onwards with the wabbit hutch ..got to go and get some more wood today..Im about 75%finished..woke up this morning with the mad idea that this was wednesday,got that one wrong .....ok folks brew time it is....

and Lav ..hiya,here take this brew with you seeing your on an early start!!whats the plan for today then?has your apprentice got your schedule worked out?

hey bear hows you?all good ?apart from the work stress thingy .....believe you me ..it aint worth it...live a little dont let work bring you down..it was there before ou were and willl be there when you are gone..theres nothing wrong with a little bit of stress,it feeds adrenalin,but otherwise it affects our focus,breathing ,thinking, actions,moods,..it is the biggest killer nowadays they reckon..there is nothing wrong with giving your level best at a task/job, but to let it screw you ? uh uh..how do I know??Ive worn that hat, they reckon stress was one of the major contributors to my head exploding..so unless you want a head like mine..and lets be honest..who wants that???sts (sack the stress)that said tho...even thru all of this you have done brill on the no booze cruise..so good for you..

hiya pie ..hows you then?complete with la famille du chiens??wow thats a fair few to be looking after....gladf youre diad is doing good...I suppose if you are looking at this then you must be on tinternet"!!oh yes ,beilieve me Ive already thought about the rescues ..the only thing against it is Sandys age and well being..oh and maybe Julie too..dont think it will happen whilst Sandy is with us ..this is her home first and foremost...but one never knows...

hiya Sam...hope you are feeling better today,of course its not your fault ..shame on you for even considering that!!!:happy2://ps dont show your wife this fred!!that sounds like a really interesting job...would be great for me.."hi Im here to check on ....oh and btw can I go detectin on your land?get better quick mate..

hiya pauly and hows you then?do you make a habit of collecting mad animals?pizza poppin pussies and toilet territory tortoises?whats next on the list?so hows you today then?hows the witches of Eastwick being with you?

hiya det ..hows you then?all good I hope..bunny condoms???which reminds me..did you hear about the duck in the swanky hotel with his girl friend?jst about to get down to it ..and thinks sheeit aint got nuffing for protection..so he phones reception and asks for a condom "certainly was the reply ..do you want it your bill?"the answer is yours!!!

hiya ns hows you then today?what part of the wureld are you in today then?

right folks thats it ..up and at emm ..here we go ..have a great day.........

What did the one shepherd say to the other shepherd?
    Let's get the flock out of here!

Did you hear about the Indian who drank 5 gallons of tea?
    He drowned in his teepee!

A lawyer was just waking up from anesthesia after surgery, and his wife was sitting by his side. His eyes fluttered open and he said, "You're beautiful!" and then he fell asleep again. His wife had never heard him say that so she stayed by his side.
    A couple of minutes later, his eyes fluttered open and he said, "You're cute!" Well, the wife was dissapointed because instead of "beautiful," it was "cute." She asked, "What happened to 'beautiful'?" His reply was "The drugs are wearing off!"

An army major visits the sick soldiers, goes up to one private and asks:
    "What's your problem, Soldier?"
    "Chronic syphilis, Sir"
    "What treatment are you getting?"
    "Five minutes with the wire brush each day."
    "What's your ambition?"
    "To get back to the front, Sir."
    "Good man." says the Major.
    He goes to the next bed. "What's your problem, Soldier?"
    "Chronic piles, Sir"
    "What's your ambition?"
    "To get back to the front, Sir."
    "Good man." says the Major.
    He goes to the next bed. "What's your problem, Soldier?"
    "Chronic gum disease, Sir"
    "What's your ambition?"
    "To get the wire brush before the other two, Sir"

Talking about family, my girlfriend said, "I love my dad, but once he gets onto the sauce, he can be a mean bastard."

"A big drinker then?" I asked.

"No, he's just crazy about which is better - brown or red," she replied.

How many builders does it take to change a light bulb?

I would estimate one, but that could finish up at fifteen.

Storm Barney knocked the chimney off my house yesterday, so I wasn't lying when I told my soon to be disappointed kids that Barney Rubble was outside the front door.

I went for a job interview as a blacksmith yesterday. He said, "Have you ever shoed a horse?"

I said, "No, but I've told a donkey to feck off."

"I'm going to start going to karate classes," said my wife.

"No, no," I laughed. "It's called 'sumo'".
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

hey thanks Mick stress is a slipper bugger to deal with because you have to question your own thinking/ignore it which can be exhausting in itself - but it's setting down new neural pathways(apparently)

I'd started a thread too but deleted now so it's easy,here's my ramble for today.

Morning,quick post pre work - feeling more relaxed today,crazy dreams involving talking pans with EddieIzzard's voice,people drinking wine and giant pictures of kittens at an official work meeting!!

I'm doing my best to get a handle on the stress,I think I'm almost stressing about being stressed - thinking perhaps that I need to do more deep breathing through the day and just 'watching' thoughts not engaging with them,they're not facts.
    Starting each day fresh rather than with the ' I'm stressed out' thought.
    Colleague has had breast cancer scare that puts this shite into perspective.

Have a good day everyone,day of catching up on stuff and no meetings and then yoga.Still not managed a bubble bath which is the most relaxing thing in the world for me - what's that about?
    Think it's almost turned into a 'should'.
    Have a happy Thursday - love to you all.
    one day at a time

Comment

Thanks for sharing too,I didn't realise that you were ill through stress, though I wondered from some of your comments about work. Just done a meditation and feel like a different person,this stuff is almost magical!
      one day at a time

Comment

Mae everybody, yes Mick all of my animals are nuts,even Winslow I told you guys the story of how the shelter said he had"personality disorder" haha,he's a freakin dog,raised by me since he was a pup,of course he ain't gonna like all the strangers in doggy jail,duh,feeling kinda glum today,I hate worrying about grown up kids,this was so much easier when they were kids...well kinda,its always hard,I'm always gonna care about them more than anyone else just how it is,orf ta get ready,much love to all,Det,safe travels,let's all have a nice Thursday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good morning Abbers,

Dark & damp on my commute this morning. But my grandaughter is spewing happiness & sunshine so it's all good

Mick, I had to smile at the mention of Barney Rubble! He was an important childhood character for all of us, ha ha!
          I hope your weather gives you a break, geez!

Det, rabbit condoms - you may be on to something there, LOL
          I hope the rest of your trip is easy.

Pauly, I was always told that our children's problems are small when they are young. All that changes when they grow up. We need to step back sometimes & let them figure stuff out on their own. It's not always easy, I know.

Bear, stress has been implicated in the development of all sorts of diseases, namely cancer & heart disease. No of us deserve that!! We all deserve health & happiness! Do whatever it takes to eliminate excessive stress

Hi to Pie the keeper of the doggies!!

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

big smile pauly ......cmon..could be worse .here you go ..big ug
            af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning... still feel like hell, ready for this jazz to be over. just checkin in, later
              Sam
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Lav...Barney who???? dont remember him!!!!I must be too young...cant remember his wife betty or the neighbours Fred n Wilma,or pebbles and BamBam from Bedrock!!!

Comment

Working...
                X