saturday the 21st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday the 21st

mornin all ....from a little corner of the North Pole....It tried its best to snow last night,and some of it lay,but then froze during the night..I actuall dont mind it like this at least its not raining..If its like this it will be an early doors start for me tomorrow..bit more to do in the rabbit hutch today,but going to give it a bit of a rest ..my hands are a wee bit sore..

right then brew time..

firstly....a big hiya to KY..brill to see you back again mate...youll need to keep us up to speed with all the scandal and goss...as for being antisocial....nah dont believe that ...would say you dont tolerate fools easily ..and there aint no fancy wrappers either!!well done on the nosmo king scenario...it is a lot harder than booze ..dont know why that is..perhapps it was because it was more socially accepted during the core working day..it was quite normal to have a quick smoke break,but cant recall too many booze breaks during the working day!!The only place I used to get the urge to smoke even years after I quit was going on holiday to Turkey..guess I wont be gettin them urges now!!anyways bottom line ..great to see ya!!

hey det hows you?whats the early start my man?do you have to travel to this trade fair on a daily basis?take it easy ..dont get sucked into the corporate happy slappy after events!

yo Mr G..hows things in the land down under?bet you aint too worried about whether your car is frozen up this mornin!!!!have a bonzer day bro..

Sam..glad youre better now mate ...."now that the "crud has moved down to my lungs..ace medico terms that !!you out giggin over the weekend?

hiya pie..hows you with your newly acquired tinternet skillls?.maybe I can learn from you!!we have got lovely crisp blue skies here today....

hiya pauly...hows you doing today then?whats the latest in Vegas?as for the table..nope didngt finish it yet..wasnt too happy with the stencilling ,so took it apart and redid it ..got to think of another way to stencil plus practice the burning before I do it proper..plus rabbit hutch on the go..

hey bear ..hows you then today?weekends here no work issues..I used to find going for a swim or doing some sort of exercise first got my head together pretty good..its mostly a case of you get to the stage .."havent got time"thars when the wheel sarts to come off,but if you make the time initially then youre quids in....

hey Lav ..hows you then?working in the shop ..have you got your apprentice in there yet?you are right about the sharp things ..my hands are quite sore this morning!!brew time...have you got guest this weekend?bet you do....have a good one..

hiya ns ..hows you then ?all good?

right folks for the offski ..have a good one...early start moi tomrrow!!

The Metropolitan Police have said that undercover officers are not allowed to have sexual relationships with people they are targeting.

I was beginning to think there was something wrong with me but now I realise that they must have had hundreds of undercover policewomen targeting me in nightclubs over the past twenty years.

What's the difference between listening to Barry White and classical music?

A lot when you're having a prostate exam.

New intelligence reports suggest that terrorists had planned to attack the Trafford Centre last weekend.

However after waiting in standing traffic on the M60 for three hours and four hours waiting to park they gave up and went home.

Some bloke's just rubbed me all over with espresso, mascarpone cheese, eggs, sugar, Marsala wine, rum and cocoa powder. Turns out he was a tiramassuese.

I pick up small insects and casually toss them away.

Some people call me flippant.

A man was fishing and he caught a crocodile. The crocodile told him, "Please let me go. I'll grant you any wish you desire."
    The man said, "Okay. I wish my d.ck could touch the ground."
    So the crocodile bit his legs off.

Q: What do you get when you mix holy water with castor oil?

A: A religious movement.

How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb?

Three. One to change the bulb, one to call the media and publicize it, and one to blame the electric bill on the Democrats.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hey everyone, started another thread but bunged it over her now so it's easier.
    I woke early just after 7,headache and sweaty, not sure if it's stress or I'm getting lurgy.
    I've had a cup of tea as I thought bit less caffeine may be just what I need,think I may need to switch back to half caff again.

I watched my thoughts and realised I was going to the worst outcome e.g. staff will think I'm flaky for going sick,I'm a bad manager for my team seeing some of my stress. I thought about driving to London today,what a huge hassle it would be and how I'll feel really isolated at the game I'm watching,I've arranged to see friends tomorrow and maybe just sofa would be best,how I've got so much to do at work and have done it badly - etc etc.
    Then I thought - lets flip these thoughts - I want to see my friends,I want to see the game,I like driving,I have some chill out time this morning booked,and tomorrow morning,I've done my best at work.
    I've got some croissants in the oven,cat on the sofa,washing in the machine and I'm about to start some meditation.
    Glad to be sober and really enjoying feeling all the feelings that I bottled up with booze and excess shopping and food

The only way out is through - bit of gentle exercise,deep breathing and meditation.
    Have a great day everyone.
    one day at a time

Comment

meant to put these up..

20151120_202937.jpg

20151121_080248.jpg
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Saturday morning Abbers!

Yikes, that sure looks like SN*W Mick, haha!!!
        None of that stuff here on the east coast yet but I hear the Midwest is getting it by the foot! It's too soon for that nonsense.
        I have odds & ends to keep me busy this morning, daughter & family coming over this afternoon. It will be a fun but tiring day I am sure.
        Glad you are giving your hands a break today, geez.

bear, use the weekend to take good care of yourself. Put the work worries away, OK?

Kuya, nice job on your smoke free 8 months! I agree that it was MUCH harder to quit smoking. I still think about the damn things after 6 1/2 years, geez. Glad to have you back in the fold!!

Sam, are you feeling better? I hope so!

Greetings to bear, Det, G, Pie & anyone else dropping in today!
        Make it a great AF Saturday everyone.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning Gang, I'm feeling good and happy to be here; hope y'all are too. Thanks for the view of winter, Mick. From here in south Texas, we pretty much only see it in pictures. Got so much accomplished yesterday, including a new 55" TV for Dad when he returns home on Monday. There's very little he enjoys anymore, so hoping he gets a big kick out of the monster television.

Picking up the first of my canine guests in a couple of hours. She's just a year old, so much younger than my three which are 12, 9, and 8. Either she will terrorize them, or the oldies will teach her some manners. We'll see.

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick I wonder what it is about Turkey that makes people want to smoke?one customer had been quit for 20 years,went to Turkey and smoked the whole trip,then came home and resumed non smoking status, so weird,Bear,I think you might be coming down with something, 'tis the season I didn't do shit yesterday!went and bought a turkey and taco bell, came home laid on the couch watching "House" reruns and finished my book I was reading, although I did do the dishes and mopped,I was a sloth so I squoze in a walk this morning, Kuya,great job on the no smoking, I don't know what I'm doing in that area yet,hello to all,let's have a splendid Saturday
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

inch by inch, getting better, tired feeling grouchy so I'll do a hello and look forward to better day and wish everyone pleasant eve
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
              X