My Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Journey

My journey to being alcohol free started today. I feel so blessed to have found this board this morning. I like the idea of tracking progress.

I currently weigh 193 pounds. I know that I can lose weight simply by not drinking. My blood pressure will drop and I will no longer wake up sick and depressed.

I also plan to attend AA meetings as much as possible, most importantly when I travel. I am grateful to everyone who shares on this board and I one day hope to be an inspiration to others.

Originally posted by Renorach View Post

I currently weigh 193 pounds. I know that I can lose weight simply by not drinking. My blood pressure will drop and I will no longer wake up sick and depressed.
    Correct to a large degree friend. Giving up booze and living sober is a massive win/win any way we look at it.

Good to know you Renorach. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi Reno and welcome. You will achieve so much in your daily life simply by not drinking. It has been the hardest journey i have been on but it has also been the best.

Stay close and accountable. head to the Newbies Nest, always someone there to help you in the good and bad times.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Welcome aboard!! 2 great links in my signature line...the Newbie's Nest is a wonderdul place to get started and the Tool Box is a collection of tips and information to help you take the easiest path from A to B! We are so glad you found us! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Reno, How are you? I was determined to quit drinking every time I tried. But it wasn't until this last time, with a workable plan in place, that I was able to make it happen. Have you had a chance to look through the Toolbox thread? Lots of useful info in there about plans and various tools folks use to gain freedom from alcohol.

Best,
          Pie

Comment

Working...
          X