sat 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sat 28th

guten morgen mes dames et messieurs....com es da? there you go ..see I can talk crap in many languages!!any way ..did we all survive black Friday?...I did ...spent nowt!!so hows the happy band today then?all good....that is apart from the clown that needsto get a life and stop trying to jump on the back of everybody elses ..its freezin over here..oh and windy and rainy ..no sun or fog tho...out early doors tomorrow..back down Lincoln ..different area tho....

right ..brew time ..

hiya Det.....glad you are enjoying yourself without the booze monster ...enjoy the circus!!

hia pie...firstly well done on the non attendance at the cocktail party!!you didnt miss much..well apart from a sore head people trying to outdo each other at loud talking,and lets see who can make the maddest drink .comIve nearly finished in the garage..its almost rabbit proofed Iveput hinged lids gates and doors on so that they cant get into anything...hutch needs catches put on and thats it..and yesterday I made a veg rack.its not finished yet ..needs tidied up ..all it is ..2 plastic bread trays cut in half to make shelves.screwed into 4 uprights and then just put facing wood on to cover all the rubbish wood etc...to do that ,the hutch and the rabbit proofing all in ..has cost me about £3.50!!just stuff Ive found ,re-used etc..

hiya pauly ...hows you today then?feelin ok?get some depresso cawfee....!!you are right ..its kind of hard to keep within limits with jokes..especially on current affairs..good news isnt eggzackly jumpin out of the telly at us..so youre puttin the tree up today are you..think we might put a baby chrimbo tree up ....a pine cone!fly out on 16th Dec ...come back on 23rd..oh dear..anyways you have a great day....

hiya blinky boo...hows you today then?whats you up to?owt or nowt?yep I here what ewe say about things having different meanings and spelling...I no it must be difficult two practice for English students practicing there skillls..and then on top of that all the local dialects too ..the word dont ...localised into some dialects .dinnae,dint ,daint downt and theres loads more...

hiya byrdie hows you then ...sent you a message yesterday..me yakking ..so its cake weekend is it ?we must be gettin close to the chrimbo theme now!!

hi kuya..how are you today...hows your loony stalker ..any more delectable delightful messages from him/her?whats the weekend hold for you then madam?

hey bear ...and hows you today then?all good I hope ..what are you up to thisweekend ..now that you have got working wheels?

hi Sam the man...how are you?ok I hope,anything for the weekend?no it aint a barbers joke!!just wondering if you had any giggin going on?

hiya Lav..brew on the go ..hows you today then?all ok....happy birthday to the gs...take it a day of spoiling is in the offing?

hiya ns.....as above ...except methinks with you it doesnt neccessarily have to be birthdays ..rearrange this phrase ..finger ,little, wrapped around, theyve got you!! have a super/souper weekend!

ppqp..you there?

big shout to any I have missed.........

20151128_104549.jpg

20151128_104505.jpg

20151128_104356.jpg

The orchestra conductor was laying into the second violin: 'If you don't buck up your ideas and demonstrate to me that you are worthy of being called a musician, I'll take away your violin and your bow, give you two drumsticks, and move you to the percussion section.'

The drummer then chimed in with: 'Yeah, and if you can't play the drums, we'll take away one of your sticks...and make you the conductor!'

You know you're in trouble when you go to the doctors, show them the problem and they say 'What the f.ck is that?'

think about this one!

My favourite Bob Marley song is 'polish a Midget Military Man.'

I mean 'Buffalo Soldier.'

I hope Adele never loses her cat or we'll need to listen to 3 albums about it.

Those who can, do.
    Those who can't, teach.
    Those who can't teach, teach teachers.
    Those who can teach teachers, become school inspectors.

I just finished my tour in Afghanistan.

I'm starting to think my travel agent ripped me off.

If supermarkets have a fresh food section...

The rest of the food must be stale.

My big shot banking mate was bragging in the pub last night that he's been charged an additional five hundred grand from the Tax man because he's earned so much.

He then says " I've got an arrangement in place to pay it over 12 months"

I replied " I've got a similar arrangement in place with Argos, for a toaster"

Riddles
    Q: What has a foot but no legs?

Q: Poor people have it. Rich people need it. If you eat it you die. What is it?

Q: What comes down but never goes up?

Q: I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?

Q: Mary’s father has 5 daughters – Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the fifth daughters name?

Q: How can a pants pocket be empty and still have something in it?

Q: In a one-story pink house, there was a pink person, a pink cat, a pink fish, a pink computer, a pink chair, a pink table, a pink telephone, a pink shower– everything was pink! what colour were the stairs

Q: A dad and his son were riding their bikes and crashed. Two ambulances came and took them to different hospitals. The man’s son was in the operating room and the doctor said, “I can’t operate on you. You’re my son.”
    How is that possible?

Q: What goes up when rain comes down?

Q: What is the longest word in the dictionary?

Q: If I drink, I die. If i eat, I am fine. What am I?

Q: Throw away the outside and cook the inside, then eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is it?

Q: What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?

Q: What travels around the world but stays in one spot?

answers....

A: A snail

A: Nothing

A: Rain

A: A candle

A: If you answered Nunu, you are wrong. It’s Mary!

A: It can have a hole in it.

A: There weren’t any stairs, it was a one story house!

A: The doctor is his mom!

A: An umbrella!

A: Smiles, because there is a mile between each ‘s’

A: A fire!

A: Corn on the cob, because you throw away the husk, cook and eat the kernels, and throw away the cob.

A: Short

A: A stamp!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mick; November 28, 2015, 07:58 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

morning all,
    Mick, how's youse this morning, along with English is the southern drawl (you all) and the Baston yankee twist of things. The first one has the last word in a sentence tripping over the first word that hasn't come out yet and the second is the last word is all you hear. I know I've told the story but I'll tell it again: My dad in WWII was in France and the some kids came running up to the soldiers asking for chocolate. My dad's buddy from Brooklyn asked "what language are they speaking?" my dad answers French, the buddy says: "wow, at that age? They're pretty smart".

Off to look at some calves and build some new nesting boxes for the chickens. I tore apart the old ones yesterday, rearranging things to make it easier to clean. Built a new roost yesterday. There's a silent rebellion going on, half of them wouldn't get on it, decided to sleep under in so that the ones that are using it can poop on them.

have a good one everyone. hope your's is a pleasant day.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

morning everyone,well afternoon now.Up early then had a snooze for an hour mid morning,sleep tiredness continues,reading really good old school book about dealing with anxiety by Claire Weekes,very similar to mindfulness and CBT - before those words existed!
      Off to get measured for a bra and collect a parcel,party with bands tonight,I'm the driver and no temptation to drink right now.Had my weekend chocolate as a treat, need to grab some lunch then walk into town.Nice dry cold wintery day today.
      Be happy everyone.
      one day at a time

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Saturday

Partly sunny/cloudy here at the moment, not too cold.
        Just sitting here with my coffee thinking about the 9000 things I need to do today, ha ha!

Yes Mick, I am making the birthday boy his favorite spaghetti & meatballs for dinner tonight. I baked a cake last evening, just need to decorate it today. He's a good kid so I really don't mind the extra work

Hi there bear, I hope you have a good weekend!

Sam, chickens are definitely not the smartest creatures on earth, LOL!
        You & Mick both make nice homes for your animals.

The bunny condo looks fab Mick!

Have a great AF day everyone!
        Miss you PQ.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam,that story was funny about your dads friend haha,feeling pissy this morning cuz I hafta work but on the other hand relieved to get back to routine, Lav,I hope your grandson has a wonderful birthday,got our tree from home depot yesterday, it was all wrapped up so when hubs brought it home and unwrapped it, he was pissed cuz its a little........ anorexic looking! He wanted to take it back,I said they won't do that and besides Louie already loves it,I've had uglier trees in my lifetime anyways,will post a Facebook pic later,much love to all,I hope we all have a great Saturday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning All, Major crisis in Pie Land: Not enough milk for cereal! Off now to the store. Back later.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
              Morning All, Major crisis in Pie Land: Not enough milk for cereal! Off now to the store. Back later.
              Have some eggs :wink:.
              Are you still pup-sitting this weekend?

Comment

now thats a novelty....eggs n cereal!! .....all in
                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Mick View Post
                  now thats a novelty....eggs n cereal!! .....all in
                  oh, yummmmm....!

Comment

Now that you mention it, NS, I could've had eggs, and bacon. The youngest pup, who's kept me the busiest, will go home later this afternoon. The old and blind one, I think tomorrow.

Are you traveling this holiday weekend, NS?

Mick, something tells me you're much safer in the workshop than in the kitchen.

Comment

I like Bacon, Pie, just not on ice cream, dipped in chocolate, or any of the other weird things people are doing with it lately!! I am not traveling this weekend, thank goodness, but have a long (time and distance) work trip late next week. I won't mind if my flight gets cancelled on my way THERE and I just can't go... But you will hear me hollering if I get stranded again!!! Enjoy the final hours with the foster pups :smile:.

Comment

Working...
                      X