X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drama-free December

This is it - DECEMBER 1, 2015!!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday & a completely drama-free December
    We have a rain day here so maybe I'll stay home & get some things done after a trip to Curves, ha ha!

Have a wonderful AF day friends!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Can't believe it's December! I'm stuck in a time warp or something, thanks for the kick-off Lav,very tired this morning so I'll just wish everyone a happy Tuesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

what??!!! no Xmas meltdown???!!!!!
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Hello all, drama free sounds good to me. I hope to avoid any and all Christmas meltdowns, be they mine or some one else's! LOL

Lav, thanks for the kick off.

Choose Inner Peace.
        Nothing is worth losing your inner peace.
        Take action as circumstances require,
        but never surrender your inner peace.
        Stop. Breathe deeply.
        Close your eyes and breathe deeply again.
        Then, and only then, take action -
        from a peaceful heart.

- Jonathan Lockwood Huie
        Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Hello all -

Misty, rainy and chilly here. But hey, it's December! Thanks for starting us off, Lav.

I am actually trying to think a little ahead this year - to ward off the angst and drama! I was able to find some cute pre-xmas things at the Hardware Store, (of all places) for my nieces and nephew's families. An adorable chalkboard tree with 'days to Christmas' countdown and seedling starter kits in containers that look like super-large crayolas. Also found 3/$10 holiday socks at the drug store. So, my plan is to send the Countdown tree and the socks now so that they can be enjoyed, and I'll send the seed starters and some other little things at New Years. Whatever I give them right on Christmas always gets lost in the shuffle anyway...

Did I say that I finished the mulch yesterday? Well, even if I did, I'm still celebrating! That huge big tarp-covered sleeping dragon of a mulch hill is GONE. When I finished, I did a whoop and a dance and started singing the theme song to 'Rocky'. A little extreme maybe, but it felt SO good! That thing has been there since early May - I never thought I get it done before it froze.

Driving to have a date dinner with Mr T, half-way between our two places. Next Saturday I'll drive down and help him 'move out', and that will be the end of that chapter (since August 17th!). It will be nice to have him home full-time.

Wishing all a great day and month to come. Thanks Dill for the quote - we should all print that out and post it!!

Comment

NO Christmas drama allowed here Sam!
            Mick provides all that on the other thread, ha ha!!!

Pauly, we've got to get you on a health kick this month & work up some energy for you

Wonderful quote Dill, thank you!
            I do my best to choose peace each & every morning.

Cyn, you are the leaf/lawn queen around here! Good for you!!
            I haven't done a darn thing outside since I sustained the dual bee stings in my left hand. I know the bees are long gone but I'm still kind of bitter, ha ha!
            Be safe in the roads & enjoy your dinner.

Not doing a thing tonight, just relaxing for a change, yay!!

Peace to everyone tonight!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning...

Quick stop in. We are babysitting this am and he requires attention!!! Then off to work for me. Have a good one.

Comment

Good morning friends, happy Hump day too!

Stuck in a rain pattern here so it's going to be another damp day here. All this forces me to stay in & actually get some things done, ha ha.

Star, you have been on a roll this week! Don't forget to breathe

Greetings to Dill, Cyn & Pauly!
                I'm going to float on over to Curves then float back to get things organized around here. Tomorrow is my day to go watch my granddaughter so I will be out early.

Have a great AF Wednesday everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning friends, I'm tired of winter already haha,dumb cuz we don't even have a real winter here but me no like cold!!oh well,nothing I can do about it so why whine? My stomach has been a wreck,how do docs diagnose IBS Lav? I think my drinking years messed my guts up something fierce cuz something isn't right,had Louie last night and he is just such a blessing, he makes me happy I let him get a chocolate out of the advent calendar and of course he didn't want to stop so I had to have hubs go get him a candy bar from the gas station, was gonna walk on the treadmill but the garage was too cold this morning, maybe this afternoon, hope everyone is well,let's have a nice Wednesday

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Evening all -

Lav - you had a night off for once last night? Unbelievable! Star - I've been thinking about your decision to move closer to your daughter, and the difference between last year and this year. How lucky your daughter is to have you close! Dill - hope that you are doing OK, and have some time to yourself. Pauly - changes in diet are challenging, but really worth it if it helps you feel better. Maybe Lav can give you some ideas...

Cold and damp here today!!!! Honestly I prefer colder and drier...this damp seems to seep into my bones. But it's been a good day, and even the mists and fog outside are beautiful. Got some crucial things done for my work today, and now will cook Treegirl and doggy food this evening.

Take care all and have a happy AF night -

Comment

A bit of drama this afternoon I bought dinner stuff and toilet paper this morning before work and around lunchtime I decided to take them out to my car, got off work and couldn't find my keys!remembered that they were in my lunch bag which I had taken to the car with the other stuff,grrr,locked out! Luckily I have a spare at home and Kells boyfriend brought them up to me,he was my hero today

Comment

The fog was fierce earlier this evening Cyn but it's lifting now.
                        I don't like the dampness either - hurts the old bones, ha ha! I hope your evening is warm & comfy.

Pauly, I honestly believe I hurt my gut too & that's why I've been on a mission to heal myself naturally. I am not a fan of pharmaceuticals or doctors. IBS is basically diagnosed by a doctor listening to your complaints - a no brainer.
                        The easiest thing you can do for yourself is an elimination diet.
                        The Simple Elimination Diet That Could Change Your Life Forever - mindbodygreen.com

I was pretty sure that dairy was the big culprit for me with gluten following as a close second. Eliminating all dairy, decreasing my gluten intake & taking Trunature probiotic 2X/day has resolved my problem. Boy do I ever notice when I accidently consume some dairy
                        There's a lot on the internet about Leaky Gut Syndrome - read as much as you can. An elimination diet is simple - start with dairy.

I'm up & out early to go watch my granddaughter tomorrow, Hope the rain is over by then,

Peace to all tonight. Praying for the victims of the latest mass shooting - God awful.
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

These shootings are getting out of hand! not quite sure what's going on in these peoples heads

Comment

Good morning...

Finally some time this morning. I have been super busy at work, then with company at home, just no time for MWO.

Lav, lucky you have time for Curves, some work and today babysitting. Retirement sounds fun in some aspects.

Pauly, my daughter thought she had IBS about seven years ago, she cut out dairy and most wheat and over a few months her stomach healed and she now stays away from that stuff. Oh, also fried foods, alcohol hurts her stomach too. She was told to go to the doctor, she never did, just ate differently and felt better. She still gets stomach trouble if she eats any of the above or drinks. So, for some reason some people are more sensitive and I think with age we have to eat cleaner, whatever that means for us. I am so glad you love your little grandson, a source of joy for you. It is so fun being a grandma. I love it!!!

Cyn, my life has changed, it was a good move for us in so many ways, really hard going through it though. I love my house, job, proximity to stores, family, and warmer climate. I know you moved too and seem to have acclimated. It just takes time and patience.

Dill, you are doing well? Did you put up your Christmas decorations?

Have a good one.

Comment

Hello All,
                              The shootings yesterday are so disturbing. I really have no words.

Pauly, sorry you locked yourself out of your car, what a hassle. Do I need to remind you tho that this is is a drama-free zone? LOL!

Star, glad your life is so busy and so full. You've really put yourself in a good spot.

Lav, thanks for the link you posted for Pauly. I'm going to click on it after I post this.

Cyn, I woke to snow on the ground! Yuck. I'm not at all excited about it. I remember when I used to get a thrill at the first snowfall. Not anymore!

I went out for some Christmas shopping with a friend yesterday. We had a good time together but I didn't get a whole lot of shopping done. I think I prefer online shopping. I heard a talking head on the news saying that as more people go to online shopping it hurts the restaurant and coffee shop business as people aren't out and about as much ast they used to be. Lots of changes happening in our world.
                              Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X