Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21 Decembre

Morning all
    a quick start, off to take a steer to the final resting ground and I'll have to get another freezer. NS, sure wish there was a way to ship to you, I'd send you some for a Xmas present. Mick, the pics are outstanding, beautiful views. Pauly, hang in there friend. Lavitude is an attitude for sure!! Morning to you Pie, Det, Bear, Kuya and anyone else I missed or is stopping by. Shortest day of the year, gotta get crackin

Later
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Longest day of the year! So northocentric Sam! lol

Haven't seen pics yet Mick...will check them tomorrow because knackered today from another staff less day. Damn I am soooo over this girl!

Anyhoos have a great day guys..wherever you are!

Comment

Thanks for the thought, Sam! I bet you and your family will have quite the Christmas feast!

Do people put lights up outside to decorate for Christmas in NZ, Kuya? That is such a big deal here but doesn't really make as much sense when your days are at their longest.

3 Christmases ago this week was when my battle to quit on my own, which had been serious with several stretches of success for much of the year, peaked with a couple of major, much worse than in the past, fails. Then on Christmas Eve I developed the worst cough I've ever had in my life - could barely breathe, much less drink - and by mid-January I was still AF and thought with such enormous relief I had this whipped! Then came another crash, a feeling of utter defeat, and I finally asked for and received some help.

I now love going into this busy but special week, knowing everything will be ok. Thanks to all of you and enjoy the holidays. xx, NS

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Monday morning

Welcome to the longest day of the year, the winter solstice happens tonight at 11:48 pm!
        Anyone have special plans to celebrate with the druids or pagans or anything? Ha ha!!

Sam, good luck today!

NS, isn't it great to be able to look forward to the holidays with no fear of making an a$$ of yourself, no hangover worries - none of that stuff

Hello to everyone & wishing for a great AF day for all.
        I think I saw a thread started by Mick so I'll go take a look there too!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Sam you beat Mick by 14 minutes so I guess this is the official thread I suffer from a condition called Mondayitis, you guys may have heard of it before, oh that's right I bitch about it weekly haha! I just need a smooth week,need to focus and not get so caught up in my mind,not just the drink bit but all the other things that swirl around, NS,what a nice post I never heard of your struggles on quitting cuz I think you quit before you joined?actually most on this thread never posted about the struggles except Bear and Det and me of course,I remember wishing I'd get super sick with something so I could quit,or a wreck,warped al thinking and playing the victim,grr,gotta wrap the rest of this stuff but I'm draggin arse!anyways,much love to all,hoping Monday is nice today
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone quick post after work,am on sofa,about to have snooze and do final bits of christmas shopping. One more day at work.

Had lunch with colleagues and was a lot of chat about booze and hangovers,and having fun - having serious ' I'm missing out' thoughts right now and thoughts of having a few for christmas - I know it's BS.Trying not to get too caught up in it all.

I'm hungry - I need a big dinner with protein,thinking baked potato,quorn meat, beans and an egg followed by kiwi and tangerines.Scoffed some chocolate - definitely into the christmas munching now
            one day at a time

Comment

Hi gang, I'm off to the laundromat with queen size comforter as one of my dogs got sick on it last night. Yes, my life really is this exciting!

It's my second sober holiday season, and happy to be in such great company, north AND south of the equator!

Comment

I'm missing out' thoughts right now and thoughts of having a few for christmas
                But they're nothing but thoughts, Bear, and they change all the time - otherwise how could we have 60k of them every day? I hope putting those thought down here can be a way for you to release them - they aren't going to serve you well so why give them anymore attention? xx, NS

Comment

thanks NS, that sounds very 3Ps,in fact going to head over there now - yes putting them down does help me - I can see that the thinking doesn't cause me happiness so it helps me not to act on it

thank you.
                  one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                  X