Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Tuesday December 22

Good morning Abbers!

Rain & rising temps here today. Looks like we will be having record breaking warmth on Christmas - 76 degrees!!!

Greetings to all. I just wanted to get us started up before I head out to Curves.
    Wishing everyone a fabulous AF Tuesday!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Mae everybody,Lav,that's tanning weather it says chance of rain here on chrimbo but they always say that,jeez,Sunday night some crazy ass lady ran over people walking on the sidewalk on the strip with a 3 year old in the backseat!she left the scene and the baby but was arrested a block from my work,probably drunk or other drugs,unbelievable! Luckily only one person died but that's still too many Mick,pics please,when are you due home? Bear,last night we were watching"American dad" cartoon and they were joining a roller derby team,I thought of you I shouldn't let Lou watch those cartoons but he doesn't understand the bad stuff anyways and I win cuz I like them and it keeps him occupied much love to all,hope we all have a wonderful Tuesday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the start up, Lav! Experiencing the same warm weather here, and grateful for it. I remember last winter as bone-chilling, and would be happy not to see those low temps this year.

Will be picking up the first of my Christmas dogs this afternoon, so through the end of the year, I'll have no shortage of canine company. Suits me just fine.

Happy Tuesday, everyone.

Hi Pauly!

Comment

Hiya peeps how are you this fine day all good i hope just sitting at the pool fly home tomorrow..first tine for a long time that i have not been ready to go home coupla months n Ill be back here take care all x
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

You're a lucky guy to be on that vacation, Mick, although I must say, it sounds like Lav is going to have vacation-like weather for Christmas. If it can't be white, it might as well be warm!!

How many dogs are you going to have, Pie? I bet that gets pretty wild (in a good way).

You're sounding perky, Pauly :smile:. And how about you, Bear? I hope you've got your thinking where you want it today :hug:.

Comment

Just finished having a chat with Sam on Facebook, ha ha!!
            He's dodging stink bugs this week too
            This warm weather brings the buggers out, yuck.

Pauly, I was wondering if you were anywhere near that accident scene, how terrible. There was a sports team from a college here in PA that got hurt - none seriously. The cancelled their games & are on the way home now I hear. What sort of lunatic does something like that with a 3 year old in the car?

It's going to be a merry doggie Christmas for you Pie. I hope you are stocked up on treats

Mick, have a safe trip home in time to see Santa!

NS, I can almost guarantee you that my son will show up for our Christmas eve gathering wearing shorts, ha ha! That kid never did like being overheated. Happy winter to you

Peace to all tonight!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Yes, Lav a merry doggy Christmas for sure. There are 5 here right now, one more arriving Thursday, and just received a request for another. Happens to be a one-eyed dog that I like very much. So yes, NS, wild in a good way so long as no puppies are in the mix. These dogs are in the range of 8-13 years old.

Comment

Thought I would stop by since I lugged out the laptop tonight. Glad to see that everyone is doing well and keeping AL at bay.

Sometimes I will read over at the Newbies nest....because this thing defies all logic at times. Its hard to understand how someone can relapse badly after 20 years sober. But, I do understand that there will always be underlying triggers, many that I don't even know exist. What I find I get out of reading over there is the "emotion" that is expressed....that is usually followed by by logical answers. But, logic never really did all that much for me. I need to "feel" it. If that makes sense. And it easy to "feel" the frustration of someone trying to get this thing under control. I so can relate to that feeling and never want to forget it again.

I still attend Refuge. I really needed to find a group to socialize with that was like-minded. Although my group of friends are not heavy drinkers.....I have become more sensitive to their negativity towards life in general. Sobriety isn't really discussed that much....more about kindness and compassion.

I love working at the natural foods store....such a neat group of people. I have learned more about food than I could have ever imagined. Its always refreshing to know that they have taken great care to only allow the best ingredients in their food. It is amazing the list of ingredients that they ban, that have snuck their way into our food system. What would have been a decent meal 20 years ago is now full of poison....and it is just sad. For me it has been a great learning experience and I now am much more mindful of what I am eating and where it came from.

Looking forward to a warm holiday. It got down to 55 degrees one day and it looked like I had dressed for an artic storm

Wishing everyone a a great holiday!
                Last edited by TheSunFlower97; December 23, 2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Hey SF always good to see you,I agree it's about the feelings for me too,I think there's a real need to be able to get all those feelings out there on these type of forums.
                  Have a fab break - you sound really good
                  one day at a time

Comment

Evening all,

Having annoying dramas with middle son ATM .... He is such a victim/dramatist of his life. So painful to watch, so tiring to deal with. *sigh*

Nice to hear you are back tomorrow Mick....Christmas jokes at the ready I hope.

Bear check out NS's latest post on 3Ps thread.... It is long but worth it! It is great hearing the day to day applications, particularly in regard to addiction. These guys also make the point that 3Ps for rehab may be the thing that finally works even for people for whom multiple treatments have failed.

Hi SF....long time no see. Good to see you healthy and happy

Comment

Working...
                    X