Chrimbo eve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrimbo eve

well here we are ..back in good old sun soaked UK.....well scrap the sun the rest is right....plane delayed yesterday so that set me orf chunnering to meself...plan a...get wabbits first thing..let them out in the garden to get udse to it ....now on planc ..which is make a plan b...which does include getting the hutch in the garage ready..tho if the rain is off it wont be used..I built it ..but I dont think enough natural light filters in..we shall see....anyways how are yizall?back to a decent brew....Ive read whilst on holidays all the freds...but on a fone itz kinda hard to keep up..so think the best thjing is generalise ...which I dont like doing really.so I wish each and everyone on this fred all the very best for the season... ppqp ...wherever you are ..the same to you...for those that have achieved goals and targets on here ..be it a day a week a month a year ...well done to you..dont ever feel embarrassed by the "you dont drink brigade" with that look as if you have 2 heads.....be very proud of yourself..a lot of these people are either ignorant in their own demise ,and couldnt hack it anyway....but each and every one of you has had the strength and courage to admit to yourself that there is an issue and front it up..

Where would I be?

where would I be without the help you give,
    would I exist or would I live?
    the strength to accept that I have failings and fault,
    you give me the courage to bring it to a halt

so where would I be at this time of cheer,
    lying drunk or act normal ... full of spirits and beer
    with a smiling mask...happy everyone thinks
    but underneath it all...planning,sneaking my drinks.

so where am I now?not cured but aware,
    of that perilous road I dont want to share,
    Ive won some battles with guts and thought..
    Im not giving in ...no Im not!

so for everyone here you all play your part,
    I thank you all from the bottom of my heart
    we have ups and downs ,we have some fun,
    but we can beat the drink..we are as one!

merry christmas to one and all......

1927729_1946879965538145_5916393481438915207_n.jpg

How does Moses make tea? Hebrews it.
    · Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!
    · A cartoonist was found dead in his home. Details are sketchy.
    · I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.
    · Haunted French pancakes give me the crêpes.
    · England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.
    · I tried to catch some fog, but I mist.
    · They told me I had type-A blood, but it was a Typo.
    · I changed my iPod's name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
    · Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
    · I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid, but he says he can stop any time.
    · I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.
    · This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.
    · When chemists die, they barium.
    · I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.
    · I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.
    · Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.
    · I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.
    · Did you hear about the cross-eyed teacher who lost her job because she couldn't control her pupils?
    · When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.
    · Broken pencils are pointless.
    · What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.
    · I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.
    · All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. The police have nothing to go on.
    · I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.
    · Velcro - what a rip off!
    · Don’t worry about old age; it doesn’ last
    Last edited by Mick; December 24, 2015, 08:02 AM.
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Brilliant poem, Mick! Thank you for it, and for the startup. You enjoy sunny Spain so much, any thoughts of moving there?

I have cinnamon, vanilla, and orange rind simmering on the stove. Such a festive aroma! Temps in the 80s again today, but no complaints from me. It's due to turn cold very soon.

Wishing you all a smile-filled Chrimbo Eve.

Comment

Mae everybody, just a quick fly by to say hi,glad you're home Mick was thinking that some people say its hard to check in here butyou do it while on vacation so I appreciate it much love to ALL of you lovely people,out the door
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy Christmas Eve everyone,having a chilled out day here,wrapped pressies,had a nap and had a very painful and much needed back and neck massage.Off to have a bath in a bit and have pedi and manicure.

Hope everyone, here or not has a lovely Christmas - I can find it difficult to post sometimes too so I get it.

Having stupid prosecco thoughts,they will pass - power of advertising - just going to let it float in and out,3Ps has been really helpful in dealing with this sort of thinking.
        ho ho ho everyone.
        one day at a time

Comment

Don't get mad at yourself for those thoughts, Bear. There is no way to control them and it is really exhausting to try. I gave that Power of Positive Thinking a whirl and it was great when it worked but so disappointing and felt like failure when it didn't. Like you said, just let unwanted thoughts float away. I think dumping them here is a great tool - and it reminds the rest of us to let go of our unhelpful ones as well!

Happy Holiday Spirit to all Abbers, regardless of whether you celebrate this particular day. xx, NS

Comment

deck those halls!!! swing your partner!!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Samstone; December 24, 2015, 02:07 PM.
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!

Good to have you 'home' Mick.

I am sitting in bed on Christmas morning.... Everything is prepared and ready to go....I have never been so relaxed and ready!

HO HO HO

Comment

Good Christmas Eve Abbers!

Taking a mini break from the festivities to say hello & wish everyone a peaceful night.

Welcome back Mick!!

I will check in tomorrow, it will be much quieter here.
                Peace to all

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Want to say Merry Christmas now cuz I'vegot too much to do in the morning,will check in later in the day but want you all to know you're my rocks in all of this and I love each of you like a second family hope everyone has a wonderful, happy holiday
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X