Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily ~ Saturday December 26

Good morning Abbers!

Cloudy & gloomy here but my grandsons will be here for lunch so I'm sure they will brighten things up

Mick, I'm so sorry to hear about Julie's father. I hope he's comfortable & yo are all OK. Will be thinking of you today :hug:

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day playing with your new toys.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Mae everybody, Mick,hope everything is ok with FIL,that's scary,sounds like everyone had a good chrimbo,we did,ate a ton and dozed most of the day watched "Bad Santa" love that movie,Louie got spoiled he was so overwhelmed with presents,Kell dressed him in a cute shirt,vest with a little tie and slacks but he wouldn't sit still for a decent pic! Twas easy being boozeless,no thoughts,no nerves,no deprived feeling at all,kinda pissed me off when we went to drive around looking at lights we stopped at the gas station for hotcchocolate and soooo many people were buying beer and I just thought why can't they just have fun without it?and commercials where everyone is enjoying the holiday cuz they're drinking,I guess that was me in the past but happily not now,I could give a shit less about New Years,I was never a NY person even when I did drink anyways,I'll celebrate on Lavs time which means wait til 9 and go to bed got to find food,amazing that I'm hungry this morning after all I ate yesterday! Kinda gross, much love to all,have a lovely Saturday
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey everyone,happy Boxing Day to UK peeps,Mick hope father in law is ok xx
      Lazy day here,watched Amy Winehouse film,very very sad waste of such a young promising life.
      Off for bubble bath and pedi then to shop to buy milk,ran out!
      Plan to eat cheese,avocado and prawn cocktail later - had bubble n squeak v leftover veggies and fried egg for lunch,love boxing day leftovers
      one day at a time

Comment

hiya peeps....theyve kept him in doing a whole lot more tests and an mri scan tomorrow ...hope boxing day has been ok for everyone..

Seems like only yesterday my brother rang to tell me I was an uncle to a baby boy, and that him and his wife were going to name him after me

The years go by so quickly

Afterme will be 21 next week

I've just seen the qualifying round for next years Britains Got Talent.
        Somehow, Sepp Blatter got through with a close up juggling act, even though he dropped most of the brown envelopes on the judges table.

What's small,brown and missing since this morning?

My fcking wallet,along with my wife.

What do you call a brothel opened up by Elton John?

The Reg Dwight District.
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

I have gotten out the laptop.....started reading here and haven't even done the thing I got the laptop out for!

Bear I've been wanting to see the movie Amy, I just have not gotten around to it. Apparently there is a part where she is winning all these awards and she says it isn't much fun without drugs. Someone posted a blog about it....what I thought was interesting was the research that shows that even things we enjoy can seem mundane compared to the high we felt with alcohol. It is because the chemicals that get produced by the drug are just so powerful....that what can be a highlight of someone's life can seem dull to them without the rush of the drug. It also pointed out that we basically watched her die. People ruthlessly bashed her when she was clearly very sick.

Shortly after reading that blog Scott Weiland died from the Stone Temple Pilots. I wasn't really familiar with him, but what sickened me was all the people posting about it and saying....."can't say I did not see this coming". When did it become a pasttime to sit, watch and wait for sick people to die?

And those lurking triggers I mentioned.....while rapidly wrapping the last of the presents....I swear unconsiously I almost reached for a beer.....the one that would have been attached to me in the past while doing this chore. Of course all that was sitting there was my water....but, I duly noted the unconsious action of my brain. And what if there had been beer in the house? Glad there wasn't.

Working at the store I find it quite interesting that RARELY do any of our customers by more than a six pack. We do not sell wine. Almost everytime one passes....I novel with the thought "A six pack! What are you going to do with that?". Then I love the customers who will mix and match a six pack----getting six different beers to have a variety to taste......sometimes they ask me what I know about them. Nothing....I never drank that fancy shit....just Miller Lite....but I really want to say....."Ummm, I'm fairly sure they all taste like shit"

Pauly....one thing to consider is that things we ate 20 years where not nearly packaged and processed as they are today (even our old cereal growing up was more healthy than the exact same brand today). Its not freaking natural to have an orange travel thousands of miles and then it still be viable to eat 3 months later. I'm nearly a vegetarian now....I rarely eat meat. I've just learned enough that it kind of grosses me out. I have learned so much from the staff.....but, the customers information is priceless. I can't tell you the number of people who look like shit....because all they are doing is buying hundreds of dollars of supplements to fix the shitty stuff their diet does to them. Or the 200 pound woman who is raving to me---THAT this particular diet is the WAY to eat. But the vibrant, energetic, friendly, glowing oozing with health....yeah....I don't have to ask them what they eat because their cart clearly defines it. Its green, green and more green. I get kale now. And based on talking with them...I am planning a green juice fast. In the past I would poo poo this kind of thing. But, when the clearly healthy person after person swears by it....then it gives me pause. They tell me to plan at least 3 days off work.....to find myself bitchy as all hell....not feeling good....to sleeping like a baby....and cravings for things like cigarettes, sugar, caffiene, and booze will nearly disappear. I kind of laughed when I heard the "withdrawal" symptoms.....yeah kind of like getting off the booze However, I am sold on the idea of going cold turkey on the rest...while feeding myself nutrient dense juice.

OK....finally off to do the stuff I got the computer out for! So glad to see everyone here....and nice to see Kuya back.
          Last edited by TheSunFlower97; December 27, 2015, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X