sunday da twennyseventh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sunday da twennyseventh

hiya peeps hows fingz today?all goo I hope..no phone callls during the night so thats a good sign so whose the first to take the xmas deccies down?anyone done that yet?Personally for me they wouldnt have gone up but ho hum....weather over here this morning is dry,thankfully it has been a bit brutal so glad we live high up ...but there are some villages and roads in the valley that have really suffered..have a look at this website...this is 8 miles from us
    HebWeb News 2015: Christmas 2015 Floods

right brew time.......

hiya Lav how are you doing?all good i hope..you need to tell me how to make vids to post on face book......simple instructions!

hiya SF......how are you?glad to see you are doing ok....now as for kale...my rabbits wont eat anything else!!!

Pauly......you never cease to amaze me!!could I be right in the fact that we are turnin the corner re booze thoughts??your post contained it all...well done you..after all you have done recently,dont you dare go ah fk it and reach for the bottle next time you get hacked orf...you get on here do you hear!!!!:thumbsup:

hiya tt ..apologies for not replying earlier to you but was otherwise occupied..all the very best to you

hiya ns..saw your pics ...g kids look happy ...and so do you !!

hiya pie how are you?all ok in doggyland?

Sam the man....you giving them toons a bashin mate?

hey bear hows fingz with you?all ok you been to any do s over the chrissy period?

hiya det the man ..still playin in the snow?

hiya Kuya how are things with you ..it should be almost Easter now with the time difference

right folks apologies to any I have missed xx

I arrived in Benidorm and on a bus to my hotel when I saw a billboard saying, "All of our doctors speak fluent English."
    I thought, 'Don't even get that at home!'

I poured salt and pepper on my neighbour's door mat to spell Merry Xmas
    "What the fck are you doing?!" he shouted.
    "Season's greetings." I replied.

In the beginning, God created the earth and rested.
    Then God created Man and rested.
    Then God created Woman.
    Since then, neither God nor Man has rested.

I saw a bloke from my office on top of a multi-storey car park, threatening to jump off, so I asked a police officer if I could go up and talk to him.

"We've got specially trained officers talking to him right now, it's best if you wait down here," he said.

"Dave," I shouted up. "It's me, Pete from work. Will you move over just a little bit? You're directly above my car."

Learn Chinese in 5 minutes (read aloud)

Are you harbouring a fugitive? - Hu Yu Hai Ding

See me ASAP - Kum Hia

Stupid man - Dum Fuk

Small horse - Tai Ni Po Ni

Did you go to the beach? - Wai Yu So Tan

I bumped into the coffee table - Ai Bang Mai Fa Kin Ni

I think you need a facelift - Chin Tu Fat

It's dark in here - Wai So Dim

I thought you were on a diet - Wai Yu Mun Ching

This is a tow away zone - No Pah King

Our meeting is next week - Wai Yu Kum Nao

Staying out of sight - Lei Ying Lo

He's cleaning his vehicle - Wa Shing Ka

Your body odour is offensive - Yu Stin Ki Pu

Thats Great - Fa Kin Su Pah
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Abbers!

Actually Mick it is 2017 here next week....you guys are soooo far behind it ain't funny.

What definitely isn't funny is that flooding. Whole towns and villages are going to have to relocate....this level of flooding been going on for the last decade....time to accept global warming methinks. I remember watching news when I first came here 13 years ago and thinking 'maybe it is a temporary thing' A decade later it is time to wake up and smell the coffee.

Since I have been in NZ the summers have gotten shorter and cooler, the winters wetter and warmer. Global warming is real.

Comment

Those photos are amazing but heartbreaking, Mick. I'm glad you live up high! Pie, I hope you weren't affected by the wild weather last night and are safe and snug with your visitor-pups.

I hope all Abbers had a holiday of joy and peace and are fired up for another AF year!

xx, NS

Comment

And from North America, massive storm stretching from Canada to Mexico now marching across the USA. Was planning to go watch some football with dad, but may just stay in until it passes.

Hot cocoa, anyone?

Comment

And some freshly squeezed juice, NS :hug:

Comment

Looks like you have power, Pie, so must be fine. I'll take one of the red ones :smile:.

Comment

Yes, NS, storms not due here until noon.

Comment

Good Sunday morning Abbers!

Mild & damp here still, gloomy looking really. I feel bad about those huge storm wreaking havoc in the south & west.
                Think I will just stay put & get some things organized around here.

Mick, no news is good news. I hope everything is OK with your FIL. That's some intense flooding you've got there - geez!
                That stupid video with my grandson yesterday was only posted on FB because he insisted, ha ha!! I took that with my iPhone & posted it on FB exactly the same way you post a regular picture. I guess it all depends on what kind of phone you are using. He had his little mechanical bug running around a mushroom cap in a glass jar - how stupid is that? LOL

SF, good to see you!
                The less meat I eat the happier I am too. I absolutely cannot consume dairy anymore either so I am leaning more to veganism these days BUT the rest of my crew is not.

Hi there Kuya, Pie, NS & everyone stopping in today!
                Have a great AF Sunday everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

morning all

rain again today nut judging by those photos, Mick, I have no room for complaints. Global warming??!! nah, never existed!! OPPS, gotta stop or it will all go down hill from here.

Been having fun playing in a new tuning (for me) on the fiddle, like an open tuning on guitar, don't have to finger any strings and sounds good, my kinda fiddlin. Playing at a friends house New Years Day, a tradition we made starting about 6 years ago. Back then the concern was to get back home without getting a DUI. Soooo glad that is all history. Been reading a book on the brain and the different things that help lead to dementia (something that was on my mind but I forgot). Booze and smoking definitely there. Interesting to see the different scans of the brain and the possibility of helping yourself through diet and water!!! Water, staying hydrated. Speaking of which, I'll take any of those concoctions, Pie. They all look good.

off to feed the animules. be well good friends
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody,Lav I thought it was an egg that was in the jar haha,yeah those fake bugs are kinda weird but then so are kids Mick,loved the Kuya time difference and the god making woman joke,man its time to go back to work, all this sitting around the house isn't bueno,too cold to feel motivated to do much,go anywhere meh,SF loved your post,I do need to clean up my diet I've eaten so much junk I feel I'll! Pie,thanks for the juice think I'll try the greenhello to all,hope we all have a nice Sunday
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Sam,my gramma was healthy as a horse never drank ,smoked,ate pretty good,exercised and she still got dementia, dunno why
                      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Happy frozen Sunday ABerooos!

brrrr. still very snow covered here in the desert just putzing around and cleaning up and eating yummy healthy things.
                        Holidays are certainly uncomplicated when no family around.

Going to hop back into muay Thai tomorrow night after a very long hiatus so hopefully I'm not typing from hospital tomorrow night!

motorized bugs? that sounds like good fun to me!

Sun, interesting post about feeling 'good' only with substance of our choice (past choice). I'm seeing a therapist that specializes in 'feeling state addiction protocol' which specifically addresses such things. very interesting process.

well, here's to a slow workday tomorrow (hopefully)

be well peeps
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

If anyone wants to look at the creepy hexbugs:
                          HEXBUG is a leader in the toy industry giving children a positive experience with robotics and STEM at an early age. Kid’s love HEXBUG’s toys with a techy twist.

Gross

Sam, have you read any of Dr Daniel Amen's books?
                          He's written some very helpful books on brain health, I have read two.
                          Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness: Daniel G. Amen: 9780812929980: Amazon.com: Books
                          Have fun fiddling

I hope you have a completely sane week Det!

Pauly, I think you are having colder weather than we are so far this winter - global warming for sure!
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mick---well at least kale is cheap. It is one of the most nutrient dense foods to consume.

Pie...those juices look fantastic....I'll just take the whole tray.

Lav....with the whole news of our meat being produced in China...grossed me out. At least working at the store it is easy for me to pick up juices and fresh produce. Plus, we get a nice discount. I'm not a huge dairy consumer either...and use almond milk for my protien shakes. I love Garden of Life....I feel so good after drinking one and flushing my system with nutrients (1 gram of sugar) and it is vegan. I'm not that far of being vegan....just not eating much meat.

We have a coding system that shows you how nutrient dense your produce is. And we do sell meat....I have learned what a step 1 to a step 5 is. Step 5 means your meat came from an animal that was basically raised in an animal spa Our meat is local....but, it is expensive. I feel better with the veggie family anyways. Next week I want to adventure into "bean" land.

Pauly...I hear you on the diet. At one point I think I was on the diet soda and sugar diet. One day I felt like such shit....almost like a hangover....and said to myself "I simply cannot live this way anymore". I do think part of it though is seeing all these healthy people day after day.....It settles in....I WANT THAT!

Det....I follow a guy by the name of Tommy Rosen. He is very educated on addiction and puts out great stuff. One thing he talks about is "living in the frequency of addiction". Meaning that even when we give up our drug of choice....we tend to fall to other bad habits. This can include the food, but also co-dependy, gambling etc. He also highlights that it important for sober people to "get high".....but, its a healthy high....which cannot be achieved unless we really clean up our lives and diet.

After reading a bit last night....I think I'll do a taper on the sugar and caffiene. My guys are taking a trip next week and I have some days off in a row. Then I'll make the final cut and do the juice fast for 3 days.

Funny note....we have new neighbors moving in. I hear the grandfather tell the son how he found this new drink.....apparently it comes in a bottle, tastes like a milkshake and he repeats at least 3x that it has 10.5% alcohol. He said, "I drink one and then fall into the chair". Well, doesn't that sound like a grand time!
                            Last edited by TheSunFlower97; December 27, 2015, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X