7th jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th jan

mornin folks and how are we today ?middle o the week done and dusted (hump day),so now on the downward slope to weekend...blowy this morning out there but dry ..at the dentist this aft ...not looking forward to that ....but there we go...still not able to get out into the garden tho...cant seem to focus on one individual task at the mo ...got lots of bitty things that need finishing,......

right ..brew time .......

hey sam..how are you today?...have you and your extra worker worked out a suitable arrangement?dont forget to add extra hours to compensate for interest loss :thumbsup:like you I hardly eat meat nowadays..dont know why ..used to love steaks etc,but now its mainly chicken(sorry Lav!) fish and veg based

hiya ky...hows you then?when is the car due its mot? best of for that ....

hey pauly hows you then?whats hapnin in the world of hairdressing then?not heard you mention the witches from eastwick lately...have they calmed down now ?hows the plant doing?

hiya Lav ...brew time...hows you today? all good I hope...havent heard about your gd for a while...take it she is doing ok in the new pre school?you managing to get anything done outside or is the weather against you over there too?

hiya ppqp ...glad to see you....how come the wabbits in your avatar havent grown? mine are hoooge!!...so what are you up to at work ...whats happened on that front since we last spoke?are you running Calgary yet?have a great day...

mornin pie hows you then?hopefully well..as for the joke...what happens when you drop something heavy?creates a hole/indentation etc ...as for the ecigs ..I have 2 mats who both gave up smoking and went on to them...when they get together ..its like the 2 guys out of the muppet show...all they do is compare flavours..and they seem to range from Jack Daniels to cherry !!as for the smoking quit..Lav has the right idea...use lozenges they are a bummer to light!!!!

hiya det ..hows you then...hopefully getting back on your feet...take it easy on your drive today.....

hiya ns ..you ok?

right good people...time to go our separate ways ..so have a good one...

I can tell it's going to be a very long year this year.....for a start, there's going to be 366 days!

Kim Jong Un thinks he has surprised the world with developing the H bomb.

The world would be more surprised if he had developed a better fkn haircut!

the New Year diet

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, with plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each
    hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax. Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then try 50-lb potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute.do not overstrain yourself.

When you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks

Q: What do you get if you breed a pitbull terrier with Lassie?

A: A dog that will chew your arm off and then run for help.

A newlywed couple just moved into their new house. One day, the wife asked her husband, "Honey, one of the bathroom pipes is leaking. Could you fix it?"

The husband looked at his wife and said, "What do I look like -- Mr. Plumber?"

A few days went by, and his wife asked for a favor. "Honey, the car won't start. I think it needs a new battery. Could you change it for me?"

"What do I look like -- Mr. Goodwrench?"

A couple weeks later, the wife found a leak in the roof. "Honey, there's a leak on the roof. Can you please fix it?"

"What do I look like -- Bob Vila?" He sat down with a beer and watched a game on TV.

One rainy weekend, the husband realized the leak on the roof was gone. He went to the bathroom and found that the pipe behind the sink wasn't leaking anymore either.

When his wife returned home, the husband asked, "Honey, how come there aren't any more leaks and the car's running?"

She replied nonchalantly, "Oh, the other day I ran into one of our new neighbors, Jon. What a nice man. He came over and fixed everything.

"Wow, did he charge us anything?"

"No, he said he'd do it for free if I either baked him a cake or had sex with him."

"Cool. What kind of cake did you make?"

"Cake? What the hell do I look like -- Betty Crocker?"

REDNECK TOP TEN

PreviousNext
    1) You've ever had to lug a paint can to the top of a water tower to defend your sister's honor.
    2) Your wife's hairdo has ever been destroyed by a ceiling fan.
    3) You go to your family reunion to pick up women.
    4) Your richest relative buys a new house -- and you have to help him take the wheels off it.
    5) You think a six-pack and a bug zapper is quality entertainment.
    6) Your family tree does not fork.
    7) You've ever been too drunk to fish.
    8) You've lost more than two teeth opening beer bottles.
    9) You helped your cousin move his refrigerator -- and the grass underneath it has turned yellow.
    10) You owe the taxidermist more than your annual income.

Q: Why did the farmer plow his field with a steamroller?
    A: He wanted mashed potatoes.

Dr. Dave slept with one of his patients and felt guilty all day long. No matter how much he tried to forget about it, he couldn't. The guilt and sense of betrayal was overwhelming. But every once in a while, he'd hear an internal voice that said, "Dave, don't worry about it. You aren't the first doctor to sleep with one of their patients, and you won't be the last. And you're single. Let it go."
    But invariably, the other voice would bring him back to reality.
    "But Dave, you're a vet."
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Hi to all and thanks for the start Mick,

Busy, busy, busy at work this week....which is awesome for getting some debts cleared and going into 2016 swinging. I am not driven by money but it is nice not feeling quite so anxious about making ends meet.

Starting to feel very comfortable as a non smoker now too...only realised when talking to someone about quitting that I am now an EX smoker, rather than someone who is quitting.
    Such a relief getting that monkey off my back.

And no I don't miss it, apart from when I am pushed for time and want a short breather...trying not to eat at those times and a cigarette used to fill five minutes. But it isn't hard and boy the money I am saving!

Anyhoos...off to bed.

And Mick my mot was due days ago....oops

Comment

Morning All, Mick I imagine you're off to the dentist along about now. Hope your visit goes smoothly. I'm delighted to report that little dog was reunited with his owner last night, so all is right and calm in my world, (and his!), today. Foggy and warm outside. Not sure what the day holds, so will just see what unfolds.

Comment

Good morning Abbers, happy Thursday

Mick, I am at my granddaughter's house today. My daughter is back in school after the semester break, things are back to usual. The new preschool is working out very well but still only just Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday so far.
        I am happy to have a day out of my shop, it's been busy & some jobs are monotonous.
        It has been too cold to do anything outside but I hear a warmup is on the way plus rain, oh well. Have fun at the dentist!!

Kuya, kicking the smokes was extremely difficult. If I ever pick up another please kick my A$$
        It is wonderful being a non-smoker & a non-drinker. Gives me more money to spoil the grandkids!

Pie, so nice the dog's family came through for him. I hope they get his eye problem sorted.
        Have a relaxing day!

Hello to everyone I hope we all have a great AF Thursday.
        My assistance is needed for the Mickey Mouse Playhouse game on the ipad, ha ha.

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, just saying hello to all,have a nice Thursday
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

MAE ALL.....from a snowy Calgary

Mick....thanks for kicking us off. Good luck at the dentist. Ya maybe it's time to update the old avatar, except Sam missed the blinking bunnies. LOL Work is still the same except that I am stepping down from the Garden Executive. Getting ready to free up some time for the GM job. Should hear something after the board meeting on the 20th.

KY...sounds like a great positive attitude for 2016, keep it up. So just how long have you quit smoking for?

Pie...that's great news. Hope you get up to something fun.

Lav...sounds like you have a fun filled day ahead.

Pauly...quick Hi back to you. Have a Terrific Thursday.

Det...saw your post last night. Hope everything's going good for the long drive today.

Well I think that killed enough time. It's off to have lunch. LOL

Comment

Hey PQ, can't claim fun exactly, but I knocked out several pesky items that have languished on my to-do list for too long. Feels good. If you get the nod for the GM slot, when will that start?

PS - It's still flip-flop weather here. Saw several blooming azalea bushes today that obviously think it's spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                Hey PQ, can't claim fun exactly, but I knocked out several pesky items that have languished on my to-do list for too long. Feels good. If you get the nod for the GM slot, when will that start?

PS - It's still flip-flop weather here. Saw several blooming azalea bushes today that obviously think it's spring.
                Good for you. I on the other hand threw my list out. Have to start a new one. LOL
                The GM job would start in September.
                I've been giving it a lot of thought lately, especially with everything that's been going on health wise for me.
                I'm putting a proposal together to create an administrative position.
                The new GM can deal with all the B**T, I'll run the office, train the new GM (LOL) and a "new" Office Coordinator.

Bit more of an answer than you were expecting eh?
                Been thinking about this all night and it was great to put it into words. :hug:
                I turned the big SIX OH on the 5th and have been giving a lot of thought to my priorities.

Comment

just whizzing in,feeling pretty crappy for some reason - post christmas blues,hormones,back to work blues,not sleeping well, bit of a combination I think.

Heard lovely colleague is being made redundant so feeling bit jittery about job atm.
                  Also new staff member has organ failure,awful.I want to support her as best I can,and am not making this my problem,'poor me having to manage this', (this is about her),I just feel a bit helpless.

Feel like lots of life admin needs doing and it''s not going to get done,I think I need some decluttering time,step by step and more help with this.Feeling resentful and lonely and angry - this isn't reality - I have a lot to be thankful for.
                  I think someone needs to go for a run tonight
                  one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                  X