saturday the 9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saturday the 9th

mornin all...hows everyone across and under in the wureld today then?weekend is here ...and guess what..its raining here!!not jest your normal stuff that gets you wet but full blown lashing it down..it gets you wet before it hits the ground...:congratulatory:not sure if I will be out tomorrow in this...we shall see...in the process of watching the whole series of Supervet...it is absolutely fantastic...the guy is a pure genius in veterinary surgery ..his name is Noel Fitzpatrick..for anyone that loves animals it is well worth watching the episodes

just got to sand down,put the shelves in and varnish my "pallet wood "cupboard and weve done that too..Ive really got into this woodworking out of scrap!..not sure if I showed you my last one....tried to keep part of the tree bark ot the shelf supports anyways brew time it is

hiya kuya hows you then?do you get as much rain there or is the climate more tropical?our friends..(the guy from mt eden and his wife)...they were doing up a barn conversion here for when they came home in Mytholmyroyd (the name of the place)..it has totally been wrecked by flood water...glad you are orf the cigs...give it time the breathlessness will go..

hey Sam...hows you ? you were dreamin someone was chokin you?did you check the insurance policy??? hope you are well and WILE E and his friends arent causing you too much sleep loss!!

hiya Lav...well how are you and the spotted coyotes today?(your post :congratulatory did it rain?if you are strugglin you can have some of this!!keep looking at the garden ,but it really is too wet to do anything with.any plans for the weekend?heres a brew to muse it over..

hiya Pauly how are you today...firstly ...glad you didnt drink..dont forget ....exercise increases muscle mass which ways heavier ..so until that stabilises you wont lose weight...dont give up!! the other thing is are you drinking enough fluids?if you are exercising and not ..then your body goes into siege mode and stores ...Ive got better since my knee has not given me so much hassle ..ok its got to be strapped,but since I started exercising I am now up to ....swimming 60 lenghts of the pool, can run and walk 2.5 miles at 4 mph,and also can do 3 reps x30press ups without stopping,so slow progress ...but getting there considering for the last 6/7 months I could hardly do anything...so same goes for you ...keep at it:thumbsup:

hiya pie ..hows you ..what projects have you got on the go now?you must have sumfing now that the faucet is done?..like you I declutter regularily...my only thing is ..as soon as Ive done it I go and buy more crap and "come in handys " to replace it!have a look at that vid on supervets,you will enjoy it...

bear...you summed your thread up in your last sentence!!tis the weekend ...as for getting pissed...ermmm youve got your big girl pants on now...doesnt happen!!:thumbsup: have a good weekend..this is what mon-fri pays for!!

hiya ppqp...wow that was some day...nothing doing so just go...not bad...! yep if you see that truck in Calgary anywhere give him a wave from me..its strange to think that we both sat our heavy goods test on the same day at the same time..I was first on he was 2nd and the same examiner..we practiced together ..and couldnt get the reversing right! when we passed we bought each other a yorkie bar...and that was probably last time we met!! you doing anything this weekend?

hiya ns and det ..you ok?

right folks have a good one......

The wife and I went to a bank robbers-themed fancy dress party last night.

Well I did. She stayed in the car, keeping the engine running.

"Oh dear, he's missed the blue after avoiding brown and dropped the green. " I said.

"I didn't know snooker was on, I thought the season was over, " replied my wife.

"It is, " I answered, "I'm watching the fcking bin man.

You can now buy powdered alcohol, for smuggling into places where booze is prohibited.

Because doormen are far more likely to let you in in they find a bag of white powder on you than a bottle.

My wife said, "It's my parents Golden Wedding Anniversary next week, what do you think we should buy them?"

I said, "Get your mother a card, and give your dad a medal."

People say Australian men are uncouth. Well all the ones I know use a knife and fork to eat their meals, even when they're sat on the toilet

As a child I wanted to be a personal trainer but I ended up as a politician.

At least I still convince absolute idiots that a change is being made in their lives.

I had a recurring dream once.

I always put my coat on to answer the door just in case it's any one I dont want to talk to... then I can say; "Sorry, I was just on my way out" and barge past them.

What do you call a little Japanese fella who's always scratching himself?

Mr Fookinichi

I surprised a burglar last night.

I broke into the same house.

20160109_100836.jpg
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Morning Mick and MAE ALL....

Boy that's some weather you're having. Is that your typical winter? Cold here -4F but bright and sunny.
    Got the de-clutter bug that's going around so plan on clearing out a bunch of stuff as it's supposed to warm up a bit today.
    You think twice about going out tomorrow and keep that knee safe. Off to read the jokes......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good morning Abbers!

Light rain but above freezing temps here today.
      This shall be a cleaning & soup making day, ha ha!!

No spotted coyotes here Mick, just a giant 100 pound black & white dog taking up floor space
      Glad your knee is better. Stay out of the mud!!!

PQ, I hope it warms up a bit for you - geez!
      How's your eye doing? Better I hope!

Wishing everyone a great AF day ahead, will check in later!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,cool looking piece of wood I drink tons of water,I've got a bottle with me at all times,its a catch cuz it seems like exercise makes me hungrier than I already am,mwo was right on when they put that little hungry guy as an option yesterday we went to a sandwhich shop and I ate half of mine then stole a slice of Louie's pizza,pig! Seen they caught "el chapo" I wondered why he stayed in Mexico? With his money he could a got plastic surgery or something and left and hid out somewhere,duh,Pie,not sure where you are in TX but I seen on the news great big hail balls destroying car windows,crazy,I have the blues that I can't shake and I don't know why,not bad bad but still just not "me" meh,much love to all,hope everyone has the three S's super,sober Saturday
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

hey ho all
          got a bit of London frog over here. Thick out.

Mick, more rain??!! you gonna need gills if you're not careful. Enjoyed the vet video. Makes me want a dog again... maybe some day...

PQ, wish we get colder here again. Like it when it is cold and the sun is out. Everything feels cleaner somehow.

Morning Lav, not much of a day to be out, is it? what kind of soup are we having??

Hey Pauly, you need to watch some old Bugs Bunny to wipe those blues away! Saturday am cartoons, eh?

Pie, you asked about my wife's feeling about quitting.... I think she misses the motion of smoking more than the action of doing it, having something in her hands, the fidgeting thing sort of. It was not that she smoked that many, it was more she would re-light them all the time, put out , light the same one up again, for me, it was the worst smell ever!!! There are times she misses the "relaxation" of taking time out, like drinking, the reward thing.

Reckon I better get out and take care of critters. Greetings to you Kuya, Det, Bear, NS, and all (et als)

Sam
          Sam
          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Lav...still have the iritis. Dr. is leaving me on drops twice a day indefinitely. Hopefully the humira will kick in solve the eye problem.

Sam...weather update. We are now currently sitting at -29F. No wonder it's starting to get cold in here.

Going to follow Lav's suggestion and start a pot of soup.

Comment

ppqp....lentil soup...yum yum!!!!
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by porqoui View Post
                Morning Mick and MAE ALL....

Boy that's some weather you're having. Is that your typical winter? Cold here -4F but bright and sunny.
                Got the de-clutter bug that's going around so plan on clearing out a bunch of stuff as it's supposed to warm up a bit today.
                You think twice about going out tomorrow and keep that knee safe. Off to read the jokes......:smile:PPQP
                dang, that's cold!!!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

MAE Abbers

Was out at DILs birthday, got home at 3am and couldn't sleep so now I don't know if it's New York or new year!

Mick the climate in Auckland is very mild but maybe subtropical. It is wet, ranging from 30-2 degrees so very easy climate to live in. Colder on the South Island, more tropical north of Auckland.

I am sorry for the guys going back from here to a flooded home.....hope insurers are paying, unlike here after the earthquake the government had to bail out AMI who couldn't meet their claims because they had promised replacement cost with ridiculously low premiums. A total disaster and we have families still living in wrecked homes YEARS later.

I am not panicking about the post smoking wheezing, it is simply annoying but I will wait for more healing. It is good to be reassured by you ex smokers though.

Gotta go finish my cpd records for the year ..... So no lazy Sunday for me.

Comment

Never got soup made but I did roast a chicken today that will be soup tomorrow
                    I ended up with the 3 grandkids here so my plans went out the window, ha ha! We had a lot of fun & a lot of nose!

Sam, we actually had real sunshine this afternoon, nice surprise.

PQ, I need to send you some chicken soup to stay warm & help with the eye healing :hug:

Kuya, it's been decades since I've been out until 3 am, LOL
                    Must have been a good birthday party

Wishing everyone peace tonight!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

exhausted greetings ABers! home, safe and AF thankfully. had some really scary AL cravings today but using my tools to good measure.
                      back soon when more rested. PQ, hope that eye gets better real soon,

be well all
                      nosce te ipsum
                      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post
                        Never got soup made but I did roast a chicken today that will be soup tomorrow
                        I ended up with the 3 grandkids here so my plans went out the window, ha ha! We had a lot of fun & a lot of nose!

Sam, we actually had real sunshine this afternoon, nice surprise.

PQ, I need to send you some chicken soup to stay warm & help with the eye healing :hug:

Kuya, it's been decades since I've been out until 3 am, LOL
                        Must have been a good birthday party

Wishing everyone peace tonight!
                        Actually it was a lovely gentle gathering. People were drinking a little alcohol but nothing excessive. My daughter and I stayed after to watch some TV with son and DIL.... A comedy called 'unbreakable' .....has anyone here seen it?

Mick I watched the link to Supervet......he seems like a really nice guy. His heart is good and he is doing amazing stuff. I would love to meet him. Not sure if dealing with all those humans having surrogate relationships with pets can cut it for me any more though. As a child/young adult I NEEDED pets to compensate for poor human/human relationships but as I have become healthier I have learned to love humans more.

Comment

Working...
                        X